Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

10 Worst Movies of 2007

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

10 Worst Movies of 2007

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-08, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 967 Likes on 683 Posts
Originally Posted by DJariya
My goodness! I'm shocked by all the Transformers and 300 haters here. As mentioned above, I don't recall all this hate being expressed in the original review threads.
Go back and reread. Draven and I were pretty steadfast in our disdain for Transformers. As for the growth in numbers, not everyone goes to the theater. Obviously this film was built up by word of mouth so those that waited have a preconceived notion in their head that it is the greatest action movie of the year. By the time they rent it they walk away disappointed.

Transformers did accomplish one thing, it made Armageddon look like Oscar material by comparison.

Originally Posted by DJariya
But, c'mon Transformers and Pirates 3? Those movies are fun summer flicks. Lighten up!
Fun for who? I'm long outside the pre-teen demographic this movie was geared towards.

Last edited by Michael Corvin; 01-11-08 at 09:13 AM.
Old 01-13-08, 01:05 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Sierra Disc
Wait, are you admitting you saw Bratz?
Hey, sometimes you make that kinda sacrifice when your dad. I think when you know there going to suck out loud way ahead of time then they probably shouldn't make any crappy films of the year lists.
I know i was unhappy with transformers when i saw it in the theaters but i went ahead and bought it on dvd and enjoyed it a little more the second time.
I agree with "I now pronounce you Chuck and Larry", and i would bring up delta Farce but i've fallen asleep both times i've tried to watch it.
Hairspray would probably be at the top of my list for worst films that i had to sit through, other than Mr. Walken, i really hated everyone in that film. John Travolta came off more like Dr. Evil in a fatsuit .
And while i wouldn't mention "Stardust" as one of the worst of last year it was definitly one of the most forgetable, if that makes sense to anyone else.
Old 01-13-08, 01:35 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I didn't see a lot of BAD movies in 2007, even though there were a lot that were either flawed or disappointing. Ghost Rider was campy but entertaining, Spider-Man 3 was an enjoyable mess, and even though Transformers had a lousy story, the special effects were phenomenal. Some movies I really didn't like were:

300 - Badly written, terribly over-acted, and featuring every "ra ra" war cliche ever, this was just a shiny, loud explosion of nothingness. I love sword-and-sandal epics, but there wasn't a single person I cared about, and I know there were about 300 to choose from. The narration was so bad it was good, though. I didn't hate the movie, but I did find it amazingly uninteresting.

Dragon Wars - I went with a group of my friends, so we had a load of fun at this one, but this was an amazingly awful movie. Awkwardly edited, terribly acted, and not once, but twice, a character actually utters the phrase "what are you talking about" when referring to the plot.

SPOILER, SPOLER, SPOILER:

There's a character working for a newspaper who's assaulted by an evil ancient overlord, but don't worry, he's at work the next day, as if nothing ever happened.

The whole thing culminates in a big dragon battle that looks like it takes place at Mordor but is being moderated by Shao Khan.

SPOILERS OVER.

Great dragon effects, though. And the shame of it is, this could have been better than Transformers.

The WORST movie of the year really was The Hills Have Eyes II. Like a lot of people, I found the first to be a real surprise, and was looking forward to this one, but oh my god, did it suck. No spoilers here, but the original presents one of the most horrible situations I've ever seen on screen, and it's not like the movie is scary after that. The original built up suspense meticulously for nearly an hour before anything really scary happened, and then all hell broke loose. This one just thinks that gore and rape are as good as scares. A horribly unpleasant movie (and I'm not really squeamish), and it's not scary either. In short: it sucks.

EDIT:

Completely forgot about Harry Potter & The Order of Phoenix. I liked the first three, the fourth was ok, but this movie was so LAME. It was the worst kind of sequel: more of the same. Predictable, didn't pay off on the promises made at the end of the fourth movie, and BO-ring. I got more entertainment out of the first ten minutes of Transformers.

Last edited by BullGooseLoony; 01-13-08 at 01:40 AM.
Old 01-13-08, 01:38 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 4,040 Likes on 2,880 Posts
Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Go back and reread. Draven and I were pretty steadfast in our disdain for Transformers. As for the growth in numbers, not everyone goes to the theater. Obviously this film was built up by word of mouth so those that waited have a preconceived notion in their head that it is the greatest action movie of the year. By the time they rent it they walk away disappointed.

Transformers did accomplish one thing, it made Armageddon look like Oscar material by comparison.

Fun for who? I'm long outside the pre-teen demographic this movie was geared towards.
You know I'm 34 years old and of course I want to spend my hard earned money on a good intelligent movie. But, I also want to relax and be entertained and I like to see "Summer" movies with awesome special effects and big explosions etc. Even though there are alot of movie viewers who hate Michael Bay's work, IMO he does his job and makes movies that entertain large audiences and I thought Transformers was awesome just like all his other big budget flicks.
Old 01-13-08, 04:40 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Brack
I haven't seen enough movies, let alone bad movies, to warrant such a list.
Ditto....I didnt watch 10 bad ones this year, but the ones I did were....

Rush Hour 3
Shoot em Up
Spiderman 3

Those were pretty bad, prettttty baaaaad.
Old 01-14-08, 01:33 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I didn't see many bad films but the worst film I saw all year was Juno. Hell I'd rather watch Aqua Teen Hunger Force (and I'm not a fan of that show - AT ALL) or watch Michael Bay and his CGI artists and Transformers than that.
Old 01-14-08, 01:54 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by alfonsosoriano
I didn't see many bad films but the worst film I saw all year was Juno. Hell I'd rather watch Aqua Teen Hunger Force (and I'm not a fan of that show - AT ALL) or watch Michael Bay and his CGI artists and Transformers than that.
Isn't Juno a 2008 film?

What didn't you like about? I've heard nothing but good things.
Old 01-14-08, 01:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
He's a Jets fan. He probably missed the jokes. :O
Old 01-14-08, 09:50 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by MoviePage
I look at it (300) as one of the most racist, homophobic, war glorifying movies in history, and that's why I despise it.

Can't wait for
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tdo15a3Ve6I&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tdo15a3Ve6I&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Y9RmMH8dHLE&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Y9RmMH8dHLE&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Last edited by baracine; 01-14-08 at 09:54 AM.
Old 01-14-08, 10:01 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,100 Likes on 872 Posts
Originally Posted by MartinBlank
Isn't Juno a 2008 film?

What didn't you like about? I've heard nothing but good things.
Nope, Juno is a 2007 film. Released in December (I saw it around mid-December in NYC).

It's a great little flick, but some people try to push the "It isn't realistic!" angle on it, or just simply hate the dialogue. It happens, not every movie is for everybody. It's a movie with a certain set of characters and personalities, and not unlike real life, some personalities just don't get along.

10 Worst of 2007:
10. Pirates of the Caribbean 3: At World's End
9. Shrek 3
8. Spider-man 3
7. Daywatch
6. --
5. --
4. --
3. --
2. Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem
1. Skinwalkers

I gotta watch more bad movies, the bottom 4 were bad but watchable... among the worst I saw all year but I haven't seen all that many. The top 2 were a couple of the worst movies I've seen in years.

Last edited by RichC2; 01-14-08 at 10:08 AM.
Old 01-14-08, 10:07 AM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
I try to avoid wasting my time and money when it comes to the apparent 'bad' movies but the few that slipped in

- Tales of Earthsea (Disney has a turkey on their hands)
- David & Layla (thankfully I didn't have to pay to see this, but I did have to agonize and force myself not to throw up, but this indie 'relationship' flick deserves to be buried under a pile of horse shit)

- sans one scene most of the Live Free or Die Hard - was so brain numbingly bad
Old 01-14-08, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,100 Likes on 872 Posts
Originally Posted by Giles
- Tales of Earthsea (Disney has a turkey on their hands)
Indeed. Goro Miyazaki should go back to landscaping.
Old 01-14-08, 12:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 375 Likes on 269 Posts
Here are the movies I remember hating or being disappointed by.

Alpha Dog
Hannibal Rising
Ghost Rider
Aqua Teen Hunger Force
Transformers
Halloween
I Am Legend
Walk Hard
Old 01-14-08, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
POTC3
Wild Hogs
Old 01-14-08, 03:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by baracine

Can't wait for
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tdo15a3Ve6I&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tdo15a3Ve6I&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Y9RmMH8dHLE&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Y9RmMH8dHLE&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
It's from the creators of Date Movie and Epic Movie, the worst movies of 2006 and 2007, respectively. I'm not holding my breath.
Old 01-14-08, 03:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

But the whole Britney Spears thing is soooo funkin' hillarious... I laughed out load for a whole 3 seconds!