Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Believers (2007) - Direct to video

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-07, 10:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

OK, I was curious about this new direct to DVD movie, The Believers, coming out next week. I couldn’t find any info on it other than an entry on Amazon here . The movie is by the people who brought us Blair Witch.

I noticed the review claiming that the directors “lied” and that the group the movie is about “The Quanta Group Society” was not a cult. Note the imbedded video in that review.

I then did a Google search of “Quanta Group Society” and found several identically worded rants against the movie (exactly the same as the Amazon review). That led me to the “Society’s” website here .

I can’t decide whether to feel bad for how desperate the directors’ are to recapture the viral online PR machine that made their first movie so popular, or laugh at how pathetic and amateur their attempts are.

Regardless, it did inspire me to give it a rental come Tuesday.

And BEWARE THE CULT!!