Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Ferris Bueller 2: Another Day Off

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Ferris Bueller 2: Another Day Off

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-07, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by zekeburger1979
Just tonight, I found out what HNIC stood for when I was watching Lean on Me on HBO.
One of my favorite terms.

-Doc
Old 08-29-07, 01:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ferris Bueller's Face/Off.
Old 08-29-07, 01:57 PM

It's not the idea of a sequel to Ferris that I'm necessarily against. Despite what the author of this article thinks, this idea just doesn't sound very good. I would like to think Ferris didn't grow up to be a motivational speaker. If I were to find that out in a sequel, I think it would sully the original for me. I don't even like the idea of Ferris becoming famous (at least not more than a local celebrity of sorts, as in the original).

Doesn't matter. I highly doubt Hughes would participate in this. The only way he'd do it, I imagine, would be if he wrote it. And the only way it'd be made, I imagine, is if Hughes were involved.
Old 08-29-07, 02:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by lotsofdvds
Yep. The much better Parker Lewis Can't Lose won that battle.
I preferred "What's Alan Watching?" to both.
Old 08-29-07, 02:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
"You Got Served... With Detention"

I'm not against a Ferris Bueller sequal but one that involves him being a rich motivational speaker just sounds weird. If the story was him being a school teacher and ditching work than that could be fun.
Old 08-29-07, 03:08 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
I hate all these scripts where the popular girl in High School becomes a Hollywood Actress!

WTF?? How many of the sexy popular people that you know from High School became huge Hollywood stars?

She should be an office worker, or teacher or something.
Old 08-29-07, 04:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I agree, CPA. I'm sick of whatching movies about actors. Mind you, I'm not entirely sure I'd enjoy a movie about a CPA, either, but you're right. When it's a flick about skipping out on your daily grind, that grind shouldn't be a valuable, fame-inducing super-career.

-Doc
Old 08-29-07, 05:45 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Ferris Bueller's Day Off

Ferris Bueller Strikes Again
Old 08-29-07, 06:19 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
wow someone stole my idea ...

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?t=506903

if a sequel is going to be made this one sounds shitty. No Rooney, no Sloan, none of the orginal characters from the first except Ferris and Cameron would be better. Ferris decides to take a day off from his mediocre job for whatever reason and goes to Cam's job and convinces him to leave with him. From there they have some sort of cheesy adventures like in the first one...but updated for 40 yr old men. Make Cam married, make Ferris a bachelor. Maybe have Ferris' boss chasing him around because he had to make a presentation or something that day (to have the whole Rooney situation from the 1st). And whatever happens DO NOT make Ferris get married or fall in love at the end...seen it in wayy too many movies already.

Last edited by JZ1276; 08-29-07 at 06:25 PM.
Old 06-14-11, 09:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts
Re: Ferris Bueller 2: Another Day Off

Remember this?

Read 12 pages of the script to the supposed sequel to Ferris Bueller’s Day Off
by Marah Eakin June 13, 2011

Until recently, Arizona screenwriter Rick Rapier was best known for his bang-up work on such films as Blue Blazes and Latte Trouble. In 2007, though, Rapier got himself a new-ish project: Ferris Bueller 2: Another Day Off. At least, he wrote a spec script for the movie, which he’s been shopping around for the past four years.

Now, the first 12 pages of the script have popped up on writer Steve Spears’ sadly-named “Stuck In The ’80s” blog on TampaBay.com. Spears has been documenting Rapier’s process for the past few years and thinks the script is, apparently, very good. In it, modern-day Bueller—with the help of right hand businessman Cameron Frye, natch—has made a bunch of money as a professional motivator, and has a jet with a beret on the tail. Of course, all of this comes at a price, and Bueller laments his “golden handcuffs,” as well as his pesky stalker, one Mr. Ed Rooney.

Rapier’s claiming that interest in the project has ramped up in recent months. Saturday he tweeted, “Wish I could tweet names of ppl reading my #FerrisBueller sequel. Your jaw would drop,” and that he has production companies reading two rom-coms he’s written, Heart & Soul and Secret Recipes. Movie blogs are dubious about the Ferris dish, to say the least, but maybe Rapier’s got something going here. At the very least, he’s channeling Ferris in his masterful B.S.-ery.
http://www.avclub.com/chicago/articl...-sequel,57486/

First part of script is here: http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/80s/co...-sequel-script

I did kinda like Bueller's fourth wall lines and could see Broderick delivering them. And if this should somehow against all odds make it to production, they should keep the PDAs in it.
Old 06-14-11, 09:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

A jet with a beret on the tail? GTFO. John Hughs or no sale, in other words, NEVER!!!
Old 06-15-11, 02:57 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm not convinced those pages are good, but I have to admit that Rapier has Ferris' "voice" closer than I would've imagined.

Hopefully there's a scene in the script where Mia Sara is getting undressed and Cameron watches her out of the corner of his eye.
Old 06-15-11, 01:52 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 129 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by droidguy1119
Hopefully there's a scene in the script where Mia Sara is getting undressed and Cameron watches her out of the corner of his eye.
Mia Sarapocciello turns 44 this Sunday. I wonder what she looks like now.

Looking at her bio, it's almost hard to believe that in the 3 or 4 years after Ferris Bueller she didn't really get any big jobs, just basically some TV stuff.
Old 06-15-11, 02:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 731 Likes on 533 Posts

Originally Posted by Throwing Copper

Looking at her bio, it's almost hard to believe that in the 3 or 4 years after Ferris Bueller she didn't really get any big jobs, just basically some TV stuff.
Time Cop had both of her biggest jobs.
Old 06-15-11, 02:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 40 Likes on 24 Posts

This is her in 2009

This is her now-ish for the new TV series "The Witches of Oz"

===================================================
===================================================

I say leave it be. No need for a sequel this late in the game. Nothing "fun" can be made of this. You'll have a film full of old and OLDER cameo spots and something that probably belongs on MTV as it will end up being surrounded by the younger cast.
Old 06-15-11, 02:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 42 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Throwing Copper
Old 06-15-11, 03:13 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Note: That was a reference to this long-standing debate: http://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/...ff-edited.html
Old 06-17-11, 06:50 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 398 Likes on 266 Posts

John Hughes already wrote a script for this in the late 90's and everyone was on board but Broderick, so it never took off. I don't see how anything would change now. If Broderick was ever going to do it, it was gonna be with John Hughes.
Old 01-26-12, 05:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SuHmEo0Bx7Q&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SuHmEo0Bx7Q&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></embed></object>

2/5/12 is the Super Bowl .. could these be teasing a preview that will air during the event?

Last edited by A-aron; 01-26-12 at 06:16 PM.
Old 01-26-12, 06:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

It's a commercial that'll air during the Super Bowl for... well... nobody knows yet.
Old 01-26-12, 07:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,302 Likes on 946 Posts

It definitely gets my attention...until I find out it's an ad for Depends.
Old 01-26-12, 07:30 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 731 Likes on 533 Posts

Maybe it's for HomeAway that did the continuing Griswold Hotel Hell Vacation with Chevy and Beverly back in 2010?
Old 01-26-12, 10:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by devilshalo
Maybe it's for HomeAway that did the continuing Griswold Hotel Hell Vacation with Chevy and Beverly back in 2010?
That's what I was thinking. Another John Hughes tie-in.
Old 01-27-12, 09:11 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I bet GoDaddy decided to go in a different direction this year.
Old 01-27-12, 09:14 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts

Originally Posted by CharlieK
I bet GoDaddy decided to go in a different direction this year.
Nope. They've already released part of their ad on their site. Still the usual suspects in their commercial.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.