Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Owen Wilson attempts suicide!!

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Owen Wilson attempts suicide!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-07, 11:52 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 100 Likes on 80 Posts
Originally Posted by oldchuckles
I am no expert, but severe depression (which may lead to suicide) is a form of mental illness. I am not sure if doctors know what causes mental illness (perhaps something loose in the brain wiring). It is sometimes believed to be a genetic trait.

Some folks can tolerate horrible events in their life and find the strength to keep going. Others, unfortunately, can collapse into severve depression over minor occurences. Mental depression cannot be avoided if your are pre-disposed to this condition. Only therapy and a prescription drug regimen will get you to the next day.

Sadly in Hollywood, some of the unfortunate suicide victims include George Sanders, Brian Keith, George Reeves (TV's Superman), Marilyn Monroe, Peter Duel, Michael Dunn, Ed Flanders, Nick Adams, Rusty Hamer, Rick Jason, Freddie Prinze, and Herve Villechaize.
Marilyn was murdered. Not that she probably wouldn't have possibly done it anyway
Old 08-30-07, 12:30 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by oldchuckles
Marilyn Monroe either died from an accidental "huge" overdose of prescription meds or an INTENTIONAL "huge" overdose of prescription meds. Most forensic experts believed it was intentional. No one has ever proven conclusively that Ms. Monroe was murdered by the FBI or CIA or Mafia (or whatever) because of her romantic involvement with both Attorny General Bobby Kennedy and President John F. Kennedy. If you know of a credible report that states otherwise, please share the source with us.

She was going to have a press conference to tell the world about her relationships with the Kennedy Brothers but as we now that never happen because of the events of August 5, 1962.
Old 08-30-07, 04:34 AM

Originally Posted by johnnysd
Marilyn was murdered. Not that she probably wouldn't have possibly done it anyway

For what it's worth, Ms. Monroe's official death certificate states that her cause of death was "probable suicide."

However, like you, I also believe she was murdered because of her affairs with both of the Kennedy brothers.
Old 08-30-07, 03:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Mosskeeto
Some excerpts from today's AP wire:

-"Wilson's next big-screen appearance is in ''The Darjeeling Limited,'' slated for release next month, in which he stars with Adrien Brody and Jason Schwartzman. In an eerie coincidence, Wilson plays a distraught man -- bandaged throughout the film -- who other characters imply has attempted suicide."
I smell publicity stunt!

Kidding.