Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Lady Chatterley (2006 french) worth seeing in theater's?

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-07, 02:38 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Movie sounds interesting, even though, i haven't read the book, but it seems like its a legit movie, and not some softcore skinamax movie.

2006 France/Belgium. Dir. Pascale Ferran.Marina Hands, Jean-Louis Coulloc'h, Hippolyte Girardot, Hélène Alexandridis, Hélène Fillières, Bernard Verley, Sava Lolov, Jean-Baptiste Montagut, Michel Vincent, Christelle Hes. 168 min, NR.

Director/co-writer Pascale Ferran brings a unique mixture of frank sexuality and lyrical aesthetics to D.H. Lawrence's celebrated and subversive love story. Lady Chatterley (Marina Hands) is a repressed young woman married to a lieutenant (Hippolyte Girardot) paralyzed from the waist down after being wounded in WWI. After accidentally glimpsing the naked back of burly gamekeeper Oliver Parkin (Jean-Louis Coulloc'h), she begins a series of daily visits to the beautiful environs of his wooden cabin. Surrounded by lush flora, the two lovers re-awaken each other's desire for life. Winner of Five César Awards, including Best Film and Best Actress. (Fully subtitled)
Its playing at the Chareles theatre in baltimore city, so i was wondering if this was worth checking out? Also, how explicit are the sex scenes, i noticed there was no rating, and i doubt that blockbuster would carry this whenever the dvd finally comes out.
Old 08-18-07, 08:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No idea on the movie, but we are expecting a picture of you similar to the one in the wrestling thread this week, or the one from you at the lamb of god concert.
Old 08-18-07, 08:25 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 213 Likes on 186 Posts
Originally Posted by juanmgonzalez
No idea on the movie, but we are expecting a picture of you similar to the one in the wrestling thread this week, or the one from you at the lamb of god concert.
Old 08-18-07, 08:27 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
In theatre's what?
Old 08-18-07, 09:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 603 Likes on 435 Posts
Originally Posted by The Bus
In theatre's what?
i want to know too.
Old 08-19-07, 02:14 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by juanmgonzalez

if only i knew how to put cell phone pics onto the computer