Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Knocked Up — The Review Thread

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Knocked Up — The Review Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-07, 10:57 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by misterchimpy

My only hope is that Seth Rogen doesn't go the Jon Heder route and take every crap project that is thrown at him to cash in...
The difference is that Rogen started with good projects. Heder has been in crap from day 1.
Old 06-03-07, 10:58 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Suprmallet
The difference is that Rogen started with good projects. Heder has been in crap from day 1.
Old 06-04-07, 07:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Movie was so funny the guy sitting behind me bursted out in laughter with 10 minutes left in the movie and actually spit all over the back of my head and got some on my girls arm. The laugh where you try to hold it and you cant so it explodes with spit.
Old 06-04-07, 10:28 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by BBEANLPHIE
Movie was so funny the guy sitting behind me bursted out in laughter with 10 minutes left in the movie and actually spit all over the back of my head and got some on my girls arm. The laugh where you try to hold it and you cant so it explodes with spit.
Did you tell him that you usually only get blasted in the face and you did not appreciate it?

Something I was thinking about. If Ben is supposed to be an illegal alien from Canada why does his dad just happen to live close by and how does he get a proper job later in the flick?

Not important, just wondering.
Old 06-04-07, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by Patman
I think there were more f-bombs dropped in this film than in The Departed (but I could be wrong). Sure, people do talk like that in real life, but after awhile it just got tiresome in spots.

I liked the film, and thought it was pretty damn funny. But i agree with you. My one complaint was the amount of cursing. I know people curse. I do it all the time, but not NEARLY as much.

for some reason, the scene that stuck out with the unecessary cursing was when heigl's sister was looking up the sexual predator's on the website...
Old 06-04-07, 11:43 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux
for some reason, the scene that stuck out with the unecessary cursing was when heigl's sister was looking up the sexual predator's on the website...
I actually found that scene to be quite realistic. I know a friend of mine whose girlfriend has "control issues" and talks like that whenever she feels agitated, doesn't even matter who's around.

I hate her.
Old 06-04-07, 12:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Loved, loved, LOVED this movie.
Old 06-04-07, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Saw it over the weekend and LOVED it, I think it's the best movie I've seen this summer yet and by far the best comedy of the year so far. So many good quotes in it that I'm going to have to have a repeat viewing to remember them all.
Old 06-04-07, 01:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 453 Likes on 317 Posts
Here's some info about the upcoming dvd from Judd Apatow:

The DVD there’s going to be a one- and a two-disc version released at the same time sometime in the winter time and we just have so many extras that it’s ridiculous. It’s taken so much time to watch them. They’ve literally handed me DVD’s with 6 hours of footage that I have to go through. One thing we did that I think is really funny is we shot a fake documentary during the making of the movie and the documentary is about how Seth Rogan was the tenth choice to play the lead. So during our shoot we would have actors come and perform a scene and then I would fire them. And so we had James Franco do it, Justin Long, David Krumholtz, Allen Covert. I did it. There was a moment where I think I should be the lead as an actor/director. Orlando Bloom did it. It’s really funny. It’s this whole documentary about how hard it was to find Seth. And then we also did a very funny fake documentary about how I was having fights with the studio so they sent in Bennett Miller, the director of “Capote,” to oversee the shoot. And so Bennett came to the set and we would shoot all this footage of him changing my angles and my coverage and debating me and it’s very funny. I keep talking about how I don’t like moving the camera because it’s bad for the comedy and he says, “Do you think it’s funnier ‘cause it looks like shit?” [Laughs] And it ultimately comes to blows between me and Bennett Miller. So we really went out of our way to make a DVD that takes a lot of comedic chances. There’s a very funny documentary about the roller coaster sequence because Jay Baruchel didn’t want to do it because he says he gets panic attacks on roller coasters. The documentary is about me manipulating him into doing it and you see me basically lying to him saying, “It’s not that bad” and then him having a panic attack on the roller coaster. And then he won’t do it again and we have to keep doing it all day and then you see – because most people want to see this – most of our actors vomiting over and over. It’s just a funny little 5-minute documentary. In addition to deleted scenes, there’s a ton of deleted scenes and raw footage, I like to put just the raw takes on the DVD because I think it’s fun to see our process.
Old 06-04-07, 01:37 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 921 Likes on 654 Posts
Ahh... I bet that is the origin of the Michael Cera footage on the first page.

Sounds like a blast. I'll definitely pick up the SE.
Old 06-04-07, 01:40 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Those extras definitely sound awesome
Old 06-04-07, 02:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Sounds like it will be amazing.
Old 06-04-07, 02:17 PM

wow. i had much more fun than i thought i would. great flick.
Old 06-04-07, 02:38 PM

Really enjoyed the movie...will have to watch it a few more times when it comes out on dvd to see if it holds up as well as 40 did for me.

Would've been cool if they would've had the English guy from Undeclared make a cameo for a complete reunion of all the guys from that show.

Last edited by shaqIQ1; 06-04-07 at 02:42 PM.
Old 06-04-07, 04:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 368 Likes on 308 Posts
saw the movie this past weekend and I loved it! I am definitely going to see it again sometime soon.

definitely one of my favorite movies so far this year.
Old 06-04-07, 06:07 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I'll buy the DVD just for that documentary.
Old 06-04-07, 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by shaqIQ1
Would've been cool if they would've had the English guy from Undeclared make a cameo for a complete reunion of all the guys from that show.
Unless I missed him, Marshall wasn't in the movie either.

I liked the movie, but not as much as I'd hoped. Maybe my expectations were too high, but I didn't find it as funny as Virgin. That movie had more full-on belly laughs for me. This one had a lot of smaller laughs throughout, without any real fall-out-of-my-seat moments.

Still better than the majority of comedies. Now I can't wait for Superbad.
Old 06-04-07, 11:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Big Dave

Something I was thinking about. If Ben is supposed to be an illegal alien from Canada why does his dad just happen to live close by and how does he get a proper job later in the flick?

Looks like the immigration bill had passed.
Old 06-04-07, 11:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Definately a classic Frat Pack Film.

Different, but still a classic
Old 06-04-07, 11:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Another deleted scene:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=j6xjV16MBGw

like a u2 concert
Old 06-05-07, 02:16 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I saw it last night and loved it. The runtime was never an issue for me as I was engaged in the film the entire time (something I can't say about Spidey 3 or Shrek 3, still haven't seen Pirates 3 yet). All the major players were spot on. I thought the slacker buddies were maybe a bit too over the top and borderline obnoxious at times, but that's a minor quibble. Kristen Wiig stole her few scenes, and Ryan Seacrest showed a normal human side.

I actually think I may prefer this slightly over 40YOV just on the grounds that this one ends a bit better, although I suppose a childbirth is always going to be naturally more climactic than the reality of losing one's virginity.
Old 06-05-07, 02:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,035 Likes on 819 Posts
Another Deleted scene, I noticed the book in the background of the bookstore and figured they'd make a joke of it at some point.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=154KVUTpe7A

"I don't need to see Anne Hathaway's tits, I need to see Jake Gyllenhaal on all fours getting a fucking mouth full of Ledger."

Last edited by RichC2; 06-05-07 at 02:28 PM.
Old 06-05-07, 04:13 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
The final 10 seconds of RichC2's deleted scene are HILARIOUS.
Old 06-05-07, 08:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by superdeluxe
Definately a classic Frat Pack Film.
Frat pack? There was no Wilsons, no Ferrell's, not even a Vaughn.

A Carrell....but methinks he building his own splinter faction......
Old 06-05-07, 08:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I feel like such a moron. I knew that I knew Katherine Heigl from something else other than Bride Of Chucky and 100 Girls! A friend of mine just pointed out to me that she was Nicole in My Father the Hero. I totally fell for her back when that came out.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.