Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Spider-man 4 (2011) - News, Rumors, Cast, Etc

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Spider-man 4 (2011) - News, Rumors, Cast, Etc

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-09, 03:55 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts
Re: Raimi & Maguire signed for Spider-Man 4 and 5

she get veneers?
Old 04-10-09, 04:00 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Re: Raimi & Maguire signed for Spider-Man 4 and 5

Originally Posted by Mazje
ha! The joke's on you! We don't have wives or girlfriends!
Perfect.
Old 06-10-09, 01:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Spider-man 4 (2011) - News, Rumors, Cast, Etc

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/acce...der-man-4.html

Kirsten Dunst Returning For 'Spider-Man 4,' Villain To Be Chosen Soon
by Access Hollywood    June 8, 2009

Kirsten Dunst and Tobey Maguire NEW YORK, New York -- Kirsten Dunst will return as Mary Jane Watson, "Spider-Man 4" producer Todd Black told the New York Post.

The star will rejoin director Sam Raimi and star Tobey Maguire as Peter Parker's love interest in the latest installment in the popular superhero franchise, which is slated for May 6, 2011.

However, don't expect wedding bells for Mary Jane and Peter - Black told the newspaper that he was unaware of such a subplot. At the close of "Spider-Man 3," the two had an emotional - but ambiguous - reunion after the film's events drove the lovers apart.

Additionally, Black hinted at the film's villain, shooting down online rumors that pegged comic book character Morbius the Living Vampire as the latest member of Spidey's rogue gallery.

Instead, the producer told the Post that the villain had a significant connection to the Big Apple.

"We're just coming up with who the villain is now," he said. "We'll be shooting in New York again. Trust me, people will appreciate who we pick, because it'll be a big part of New York."

In past films, Spider-Man has faced off with the Green Goblin, Dr. Octopus, Venom and Sandman, leaving a number of famous villains who could make their silver screen debut in "Spider-Man 4."

Among the popular options are Kraven the Hunter, Chameleon, the Hobgoblin, Mysterio, Venom offspring Carnage and the Lizard, whose human alter-ego, Dr. Curt Connors, had a role in the previous two movies.

Another potential foe could be New York crime boss the Kingpin - however, the character appeared in 20th Century Fox's "Daredevil" and would likely require a rights acquisition by Sony Pictures.

But the crime lord would give the film a New York connection - and would also be Access Hollywood film critic Scott Mantz's top choice.

"The Kingpin is grounded in reality, and that's the appeal of Spider-Man," Mantz said, adding another suggestion to the mix - femme fatale the Black Cat. "I'd like to see the Kingpin and the Black Cat, to stir the pot with Peter's relationship with Mary Jane."
Old 06-10-09, 01:40 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Again.....I hate Dunst. She is nothing like the MJ in comics. In the films she's just a plot device and we never really give a damn about her. God, I hate in SM2 when she actually thought she could hit Doc Ock with that piece of wood.
Old 06-10-09, 01:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I figured the Lizard was a no brainer since the previous films showed the professor, Dr. Conners I believe, with a missing limb.
Old 06-10-09, 06:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jeffbase34
I figured the Lizard was a no brainer since the previous films showed the professor, Dr. Conners I believe, with a missing limb.
I figured the Lizard would have been a no brainer for for Spider Man 3, but we see what we got instead.
Old 06-10-09, 09:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 216 Likes on 155 Posts

Seems like you could almost do the Lizard as a secondary villain... I know, I know...perish the thought... but it's not like we're gonna get many more of these with this creative team...i wouldn't mind a few villains.
Old 06-11-09, 12:58 AM
Banned

I'd some classic villains only..and maybe a quick beating of a B villain like the shocker. My dream spidey sequel film would be w/ him immediately taking down a heist by a The Shocker or someone else...someone quick enough to take out..but to also show that his world DOES have other villains besides the ones that pop up every few years.
Old 06-11-09, 10:21 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Villain that will "be a big part to New York"

Bin Laden?

Staypuft Marshmallow Man?
Old 06-11-09, 12:14 PM
Banned by request

Spider-Man vs. Soup Nazi!
Old 06-11-09, 12:40 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

so will Spidey 4 have a cameo from Robert Kerman (Cannibal Holocaust) too??
Old 06-11-09, 01:13 PM
Banned

The character Morbius the Living Vampire sounds like a sure thing to cash in on the TWILIGHT craze.
Old 09-16-09, 04:20 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 731 Likes on 533 Posts

Spidey spins a 2011 date
Sony to release fourth in Imax
By MARC GRASER

Spider-Man will swing back into theaters on May 6, 2011.

Columbia Pictures confirmed that the fourth installment in the comicbook franchise, based on the popular Marvel character, will unspool in both traditional and Imax theaters on the date, making it the first summer tentpole that year.

Sony had been eying the spot on the calendar for months (Daily Variety, March 12). The May date had previously been occupied by another superhero pic, Marvel Studios' planned launch of "The First Avenger: Captain America," before it moved to July 22, 2011.

Marvel will also launch "Thor" that summer, on June 17.

Pic reunites helmer Sam Raimi with franchise stars Tobey Maguire and Kirsten Dunst. Gary Ross is penning the script.

The previous installments have generated more than $2.5 billion in worldwide box office.

The last two pics were also released in Imax theaters, and by the time the next one bows, Imax and Sony should benefit as there will be more of the large-format theaters in the marketplace.

"Our network has grown significantly, and we continue to roll out new theaters virtually every week, giving more moviegoers the opportunity to experience the movie in Imax," said Imax CEO Richard L. Gelfond.

As of June, Imax operated 273 commercial theaters in 44 countries.
Old 09-16-09, 04:21 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 731 Likes on 533 Posts

Incidently, the production offices have a makeshift SPIDER-M4N logo on their office walls.
Old 09-16-09, 05:29 AM

i don't know. Spider-man 3 left such a bad taste in my mouth, i'm finding it hard to get excited for this one. phew what a stinker

Originally Posted by ReduxGuy
Carnage for the main villain, Lizard and Vulture for secondaries.
noooo, that is what ruined SM3. too many villains, too many plotlines, resulting in failure to do any of them well. (and yet somehow there was time for emo jazz-hands Peter Parker. uuugh)
Old 09-16-09, 05:29 AM

Originally Posted by wm lopez
The character Morbius the Living Vampire sounds like a sure thing to cash in on the TWILIGHT craze.
nowhere near iconic enough a villain. anyway the whole idea of making plot choices to "cash in" on a craze sounds disgusting to me

Last edited by terrible chong; 09-16-09 at 05:33 AM.
Old 09-16-09, 07:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts

I'll go see it, but im not going to get hyped and follow the production like a hawk. After 3, and Brand New Day in the comics, Spider-Man is just meh now.
Old 09-16-09, 10:26 AM
Banned

Yeah, Spider-Man has never been the same after SM3 and BND. I still can't believe they totally excised all MJ history from canon..seems like though she's coming back...I dunno...they fucked with that too much. Yeah, I can forget the Spider-Clone saga (it was ended well at least to what could be done)...but to literally cut Spidey's personal relations with some and later try to give it back to them is a huge slap to everything that made Webhead great.
Old 09-16-09, 08:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 204 Likes on 158 Posts

While it would be a cheap thing to do, I really wouldn't have too much of a problem with them making Spider-Man 3 a big dream. I don't think I've ever seen a movie where studio tampering was so obvious and characters being shoehorned (Venom, ahem) so prominent. The vibe I'm getting as to why everyone is coming back (aside from the $$$) is that they want to cover up the pile of crud that was Spidey 3.

While I don't know if they were a major part of the comic, I thought the Spiderslayers were cool in the cartoon. They could have Spencer Smythe working for the Kingpin (I think JJ Jameson is too much of a comic figure to be believable as a real threat) and follow the comics with his son Alistair blaming Spider-Man for an untimely demise. They could even have some interesting casting by having Stellan Skarsgaard play Spencer (who I think was originally going to play Doc Ock before Molina) and have his son Alexander play Alistair. That would be my casting anyway.
Old 09-16-09, 09:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Sweet, three comic book movies in one Summer! Sounds like fun.

As for Spider-Man 4, nobody better fucking cry!
Old 09-16-09, 09:48 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

repost, but worthy:

Old 09-17-09, 02:47 AM
Banned by request

Originally Posted by devilshalo
Incidently, the production offices have a makeshift SPIDER-M4N logo on their office walls.
Is the movie going to be about Spider-Man taking down a villain who uses numbers instead of letters in their words?
Old 09-17-09, 07:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts

Mmmm Kraven....
Old 09-17-09, 10:57 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Dr. DVD
While it would be a cheap thing to do, I really wouldn't have too much of a problem with them making Spider-Man 3 a big dream. I don't think I've ever seen a movie where studio tampering was so obvious and characters being shoehorned (Venom, ahem) so prominent. The vibe I'm getting as to why everyone is coming back (aside from the $$$) is that they want to cover up the pile of crud that was Spidey 3.

While I don't know if they were a major part of the comic, I thought the Spiderslayers were cool in the cartoon. They could have Spencer Smythe working for the Kingpin (I think JJ Jameson is too much of a comic figure to be believable as a real threat) and follow the comics with his son Alistair blaming Spider-Man for an untimely demise. They could even have some interesting casting by having Stellan Skarsgaard play Spencer (who I think was originally going to play Doc Ock before Molina) and have his son Alexander play Alistair. That would be my casting anyway.
Ahem...Kingpin belongs to FOX at the moment...and no. JJJ is awesome in the comics and anything he did fit the time period he was associated in.
Old 09-17-09, 07:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Maybe Sony worked out a deal for Kingpin. Not like Fox knows what to do with him! At this point with the Disney deal I have no idea if it's possible or not.

I'd love to see Kraven or Mysterio though.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.