Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Official TMNT the Movie (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles) Thread (merged)

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Official TMNT the Movie (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles) Thread (merged)

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-07, 05:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Draven
Blind-bought the stunning HD DVD version and was not disappointed.

I was a fan from back in the comics days, and always thought the first movie was a good compromise between the blood and gore of the comics and the "kids" nature of the film. They lifted some of the movie images straight out of the comic book.

This, however, was just flat-out awesome. Minimal "Cowabunga, dude!" stuff (done more as a joke than anything), stunning animation, an interesting story and some cool fights.

Which was the biggest downside - I wanted more! I wanted 10 minute long epic battles between ninjas and turtles. More, more, more!

I'm hoping this does well enough to warrant a sequel, as I think they could really take it to another level.

Oh, and boo on the cover art - using the old cartoon art style to sell the movie is dumb, even if you'll fool soccer moms into buying this for their infants.

I agree with pretty much everything you said, especially regarding the fights. The scene in which the turtles, Splinter, April and Casey storm the courtyard of Winters Tower was one, long sustained, focus-shifting shot of pure bad-assedness. I wish that shot went on for 5 minutes instead of the one. Even so, that was probably the coolest minute of the entire franchise.

-Doc