Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

...and no one can stop us!!!!

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-06, 11:32 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Was just over at the Anchor Bay Entertainment site and noticed they are finally releasing Class of 1984 onto DVD this month. I always feel like I am crazy when I talk about this movie because most of my friends have no idea what I am talking about.

From what I remember it was pretty much the original to all the movies like Dangerous Minds and 187, the Substitute etc. But from memory Class of 1984 was way less forgiving than any of the other films. Of course it has been at least a decade (probably more) since I have watched this movie, so I guess I will have to wait a few weeks to see if Class of 1984 stands the test of time, but for only $13.99 brand new on amazon.com I am down to see if it does.

Does ANYONE else remember this movie, or am I the only one here too?
Old 02-07-06, 04:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 334 Likes on 238 Posts
I remember it... and remember I didn't care for it when I saw it the first time. It just seemed a little too low budget and poorly acted... Still for nostalgia sake I would revisit it...
Old 02-07-06, 05:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Oh yeah,

Class of 1984 is being discussed in the DVD forum. Love this movie and I'm for sure picking this one up. Can't wait.
Old 02-07-06, 05:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by sippiecup
Was just over at the Anchor Bay Entertainment site and noticed they are finally releasing Class of 1984 onto DVD this month. I always feel like I am crazy when I talk about this movie because most of my friends have no idea what I am talking about.

From what I remember it was pretty much the original to all the movies like Dangerous Minds and 187, the Substitute etc. But from memory Class of 1984 was way less forgiving than any of the other films.

Actually, I always think of this movie as the deviant stepchild of 1955's BLACKBOARD JUNGLE, the first studio film to address juvenile delinquency in schools (and the first major film to use rock music).
Old 02-07-06, 06:09 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I love class of 1984 to death, but dude, do you work for Anchor Bay or are connected to the film somehow? You sure are selling it...
Old 02-07-06, 07:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts
Great movie....been looking forward to the dvd for a while now.
Old 02-08-06, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by Sunday Morning
I love class of 1984 to death, but dude, do you work for Anchor Bay or are connected to the film somehow? You sure are selling it...

I wish, that would be a dope job and I bet I would get all their movies free (which would save me lots of $$$),but yeah I re-read what I posted it does sound like a sales pitch, I just get excited when movies I have been waiting for finally come out on DVD (just wait until they release I Come In Peace on DVD I'll go daffy) and I sometimes forget that there are movies that only I like and I just think everyone loves the same movies I do.

God, I need to grow up!
Old 02-08-06, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by marty888
Actually, I always think of this movie as the deviant stepchild of 1955's BLACKBOARD JUNGLE, the first studio film to address juvenile delinquency in schools (and the first major film to use rock music).
The only time I ever saw Blackboard Jungles was in High School after we read the book Black Boy, I didn't really pay attention to it too much because well I was in high school. From what I remember it was good, I need to put it on my Netflix cue