Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Scary Movie 4 Teaser + Posters

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Scary Movie 4 Teaser + Posters

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-06, 06:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts
I've actually been looking forward to this one. Looks pretty funny.
Old 02-02-06, 08:45 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
I hated the first & never saw the other two, but I must say that poster is awesome. The three fingers in the shape of a 4. The other one is pretty lame, more along the lines of the previous films.

Trailer for this didn't do anything for me, but after seeing Saw & hearing about Dr. Phil & Shaq spoofing it, I want to see that scene.
Old 02-02-06, 09:12 AM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
1 - liked
2 - did not like
3 - have not seen
4 - looks dumb, but will probably see
Old 02-02-06, 10:25 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ok, i'm ashamed...that trailer made it look pretty funny. I liked the first, thought the second had it's moments, but pretty much hated part 3...hopefully this will be better.

MATT
Old 02-02-06, 10:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the ipod thing looks dumb but everything else looks funny... just hope there isnt alot slap stick comedy in it..
Old 02-02-06, 02:12 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I pretty much hated part two. I thought part 3 was hilarious though, the 8 Mile spoof had me rolling when he pukes on that guy in the stall....."muthafucka.."

oh man I hate to say it, but part 4 looks funny as hell.
Old 02-02-06, 02:23 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by RichC2
Yup, unlike South Park though, they are already dated by the time they hit the big screen.
Judging comedy by how it lives up to South Park is kind of like judging science fiction by how a sci-fi movie lives up to "Plan 9 from Outer Space."
Old 02-02-06, 02:32 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by raven56706
the ipod thing looks dumb but everything else looks funny... just hope there isnt alot slap stick comedy in it..
What's wrong with slapstick? It's the oldest form of comedy!
Old 02-02-06, 02:53 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
#1 I liked, although I wished it had more Airplane!-type humor and less gross-out stuff. The story was just Scream redux, but it worked well for the movie.
#2 was awful, and diverged too much from the horror theme. At least it had some semblance of a story, going with the haunted house theme.
#3 had some great gags, but the whole thing was just a parade of random crap. The "story" was so haphazardly strung together it ruined the movie a bit. Yeah, I know it's a parody film, but there should always be some sort of main storyline there to move the film along. Mashing up Signs and The Ring just did not work. Stuff like the Matrix also did not fit well.
Old 02-04-06, 06:35 AM
Banned

Wow, i LOVED all the scary movie films, the 2nd has some of the funniest moments ever with the cat fight scene and the little hand the buttler has.. I think SM1 is my least fav of the 3, as i loved the 3rd a lot, especially leslie neilson, he was amazing in it!

The trailor looks awesome on this one, definetly gonna see it!
Old 03-22-06, 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by matrixrok9
Sheesh, now they're doing pop culture jokes. Leave that to late night comedy shows. Stick with making fun of movies.
Hey, anyone that goes after Tom Cruise deserves my $8. Or at least the free pass I got inside Derailed from Best Buy.
Old 03-22-06, 09:40 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by Blitz6Speed
Wow, i LOVED all the scary movie films, the 2nd has some of the funniest moments ever with the cat fight scene and the little hand the buttler has.. I think SM1 is my least fav of the 3, as i loved the 3rd a lot, especially leslie neilson, he was amazing in it!

The trailor looks awesome on this one, definetly gonna see it!
You're a plant aren't ya?
Old 04-02-06, 05:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I just saw the trailer on the Derailed DVD and I'm in. I thoroughly enjoyed SM3 despite its frequent misses, and I think bringing in David Zucker and the "Naked Gun" style was a great move away from the one-note penis gags of the first two. And now I see that Jim Abrahams joined Zucker to help write it, and while we have all seen that the ZAZ team is capable of bad stuff, I trust two of them with spoofs a hell of a lot more than the Wayans brothers and just about anyone else.
Old 04-03-06, 07:48 PM
Cool New Member

I'm not a fan of a serie but probably gonna watch this movie - trailer was real fun thanks
Old 04-04-06, 08:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I'll be seeing this. Enjoyed them all, though Chris Elliot and David Cross put SM2 at the top of the list. Anna Faris is both hilarious and hot.
Old 04-15-06, 04:12 AM

I guess I'll be the first to admit it..

I saw it. Twice.

Hilarious.. It's my favorite out of all of them (I especially wasn't crazy about 3..)..

Definitely helps if you've seen War of the Worlds, Saw, The Grudge, The Village..

It was good to see so much returning cast from all previous 3. And the special effects and production values were pretty major for a Scary Movie.

I laughed a lot. Might see it again tomorrow.. Hurry up and see it so we can quote some of the lines.. lol.. But someone has to show me how to use that black bar thing for spoilers..

Last edited by nerdboyrockstar; 04-15-06 at 04:15 AM.
Old 04-15-06, 05:25 AM
Banned

i saw it thursday and it was the same as the rest imo. either hit or miss with the jokes. i did laugh pretty hard at a few times and the entire ending i couldn't stop laughing.
Old 04-15-06, 08:02 AM

These movies suck so bad
Old 04-15-06, 11:04 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
This film will pretty much appeal to fans of the previous installments of the Scary Movie franchise. Pour in parody bits from recent films, tie them somehow together, exaggerate the disturbing scenes, undercut them for comedic effect, and you get yet another Scary Movie. There were a few scenes that did bring the funny, and cobbling all the pieces together in a coherent storyline was somewhat achieved, and most of the actors were game to do the parody, the stretching of the idiosyncrasies of many of the original acting performances for spoof's sake.

The film borrows a lot of material from the following films:

Spoiler:

Saw
The Grudge
The War of the Worlds (2005)
The Village
(no idea where the UN scene came from)

It might make for a decent matinee viewing if you enjoy this genre.

I give it 2.5 stars, or a grade of C+.
Old 04-15-06, 11:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I saw it, and for what it is, I give it -

It entertained me, made me laugh out loud throughout the flick, and when going into something like this that is all I ask. My favorite parts were when they would make fun of The Village, since I hated that movie more than just about any "major" film that I've ever seen.

I thought the first two Scary Movies, the ones written and directed by the Wayans brothers were absolute ass. I'm loving part three and four though, the ones written by totally different people and directed by David Zucker. I love the crazy flicks like The Naked Gun series, the Hot Shots series, etc... and with Scary Movie 3 and 4 you really get that sort of feel. As far as I'm concerned, the series only started with Zucker.

I'm all for a David Zucker directed Scary Movie 5.

Last edited by BrentLumkin; 04-15-06 at 11:52 AM.
Old 04-15-06, 01:07 PM

I thought that Scary Movie was decent, 2 sucked and 3 was great. I saw this one yesterday, and I loved it. All of the parodies were great!
Old 04-15-06, 01:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 67 Likes on 58 Posts
I liked the first Scary Movie, especially the opening sequence that perfectly parodied the Drew Barrymore opening of Scream.

Scary Movie 2 started off with a very good spoof of The Exorcist in its opening scene, but the rest of the movie was mostly unfunny and just plain bad. It's good that the Wayans exited after this sequel, because it seemed like they were completely lost in making this one.

I think bringing in David Zucker really helped this franchise and Scary Movie 3 with its more absurd ZAZ-styled humor and none of the gross-out Wayans-styled humor was a real improvement for the franchise after the disastrous 2nd movie. (What can I say, except I'm a huge fan of Airplane!, Top Secret! and Police Squad!, so even subpar ZAZ humor is right up my alley.)

And so with Jim Abrahams also on-board, Scary Movie 4 sounds pretty good to me.

BTW, each of the movies follows (for the most part) the overall plot of another movie (or movies):
Scary Movie -> roughly follows the overall plot of Scream
Scary Movie 2 -> roughly follows the overall plot of The Haunting (as well as the similar House on Haunted Hill plot)
Scary Movie 3 -> roughly follows the overall plots of both The Ring and Signs

So the overall plot of which movie(s) does Scary Movie 4 roughly follow?
Old 04-15-06, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

these movies put pretty much all the funny parts in the trailers the rest of the movie is always pretty bad.
Old 04-15-06, 03:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
best bit for me was the whole spoofing the big scene in million dollar baby.
Spoiler:
and charlie sheen spoofing the Bill Pullman cameo in the Grudge, and James Earl Jones reading the Morgan Freeman narration from war of the worlds
Old 04-15-06, 07:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by dhmac

So the overall plot of which movie(s) does Scary Movie 4 roughly follow?
War of The Worlds/The Grudge/The Village

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.