Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Omen remake teaser

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-06, 11:58 AM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interesting. My two younger nephews are such hellions, that I regularly (as a joke)ruffle through their hair looking for the Mark. Having never seen the original, the nephews have NO clue that I'm fooling with them, but my wife cracks up everytime I do it! Here's hoping they don't remake that scene, or my nephews will catch on...
Old 02-12-06, 10:43 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I just noticed that it was directed by John Moore. He had already helmed the remake of Flight Of The Phoenix. And that pretty much sucked. He also directed Behind Enemy Lines. Blech. His next film after The Omen is an action flick.

Why hire a Action-Oriented director for a gothic horror movie?
Richard Donner came out of television to do The Omen and it worked for him...And he went on to do primarily action flicks. We are going backwards here. I think it's kinda funny. I do think Richard Donner is a pretty good director. Workmanlike, but not to a fault. He gets the job done and has occasionaly made some standout pictures. He just really needs to be more selective with his scripts.

This remake is going to blow big time.
Old 02-12-06, 11:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i never saw the original. whats it about?
Old 02-13-06, 11:57 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by MASAMUNE2
i never saw the original. whats it about?
It's about time you see the original
Old 02-13-06, 01:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by mdc3000
I love the Omen, but will people actual know that this trailer is for a remake of the omen... it's just a kid in a red coat sitting on a swing looking creepy and then "666"... If I hadn't clicked a link saying "THE OMEN TRAILER" I would have just thought it was another shitty "end of days" type movie... hopefully the marketing department gets their shit together...

MATT
I would have known it just from the Rottweiler.

I hope they juice the Antichrist up a bit this time. I love the original series, but you never really got the feeling that Damien was really all that evil in it.
Old 02-13-06, 06:45 PM
Banned

The Antichrist is not supposed to be evil as say a heavy metal album cover.
He is supposed to be liked by the whole world.
He is called Antichrist because he is against everything Jesus Christ is for.
An example is here in America we have those that are for old fashion bible values and those who are against that and are for more liberal values.
Antichrist would be liked by liberals.
Old 02-13-06, 07:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I take it you've never studied the Bible.
Old 02-13-06, 08:36 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Be glad a sex change and Dakota Fanning aren't involved. I love the original but the remake is sure to stink.
Old 04-24-06, 08:07 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 210 Likes on 144 Posts
Here's a longer trailer. Actually doesn't look half bad and I was really pleased to see
Spoiler:
"The fall" (not the first one)
included:

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/theo...Eh8XyDu6xfVXcA
Old 04-25-06, 08:06 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

They showed the full trailer before Silent Hill and it actually looked pretty good! Granted I was impressed with the trailer for Silent Hill too....
Old 04-25-06, 08:29 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Uhm...

Yeah , it looks like an action remake of a classic. Not to mention, Julia Stiles is in it? Give me a break.......

So uhm..Yea..

Color me unimpressed.

Here's ten bucks saying it willlll........

1: Feature a lot of stupid backstory not in the original.

2: Have a happy ending.
Old 04-25-06, 09:01 AM

WD-40 on the swing please
Old 04-25-06, 11:52 AM

if it dosent have that weird chanting "ah-hah Damien!" in the score then it will be an abomination
Old 04-26-06, 05:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I was reading in EW it was pretty creepy to film and that a whole day of film suddenly wasn't viewable anymore.
The Devil?
This still looks pretty bad to me.
How they think they can replace Remick and Peck is beyond me
Old 04-26-06, 06:15 PM
Banned

In the original there's a remark about the European countries are to be united when the Anti-Christ will take over that is told to Gregory Peck.
That was in 1976, today they are united so what I'm tring to say is in 2006 the Anti-Christ should be full grown man according with the timeline of the Book of Revelation in the Bible. So to have Damian as a little boy in today's times is way behind schedule.
Old 04-26-06, 06:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by wm lopez
In the original there's a remark about the European countries are to be united when the Anti-Christ will take over that is told to Gregory Peck.
That was in 1976, today they are united so what I'm tring to say is in 2006 the Anti-Christ should be full grown man according with the timeline of the Book of Revelation in the Bible. So to have Damian as a little boy in today's times is way behind schedule.
wasn't that the plot of the Omen 3 with Sam Neil (Damian is all grown up?) On a side note, that would have been cool to have Sam Neil playing the Peck role in the remake.
Old 04-26-06, 09:01 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
That is the plot of The Omen 3, but the thing is, wm is being serious.
Old 04-26-06, 09:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Old 04-26-06, 11:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 302 Likes on 220 Posts
Originally Posted by LivingINClip
Uhm...

Yeah , it looks like an action remake of a classic. Not to mention, Julia Stiles is in it? Give me a break.......

So uhm..Yea..

Color me unimpressed.

Here's ten bucks saying it willlll........

1: Feature a lot of stupid backstory not in the original.

2: Have a happy ending.

Agreed. I saw the longer trailer recently. It looks terrible.
Old 04-27-06, 06:16 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: Home of the 2009 Stanley Cup & Vince Lombardi trophy!!!
I think it looks pretty good. I loved the original, and I'm glad this one seems to follow the original. My big complaint...the priest doesn't look as creepy as the original. He was the scariest part of the movie for me.

Old 04-27-06, 12:58 PM
Mod Emeritus

wm lopez, please don't make gross generalizations like this.
Old 04-27-06, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

It looks pretty much shot for shot remake. I'm guessing this is so the younger crowd, who didn't see the original.
Old 04-27-06, 06:46 PM
Banned

Since reading about The Book of Revelation from the Bible in books or t.v. specials and even the Bibile itself since 1980 I kinda know what I'm talking about.
Never in my lifetime have I seen this anti-Jesus stuff in the media.
And all this happened after 9/11 in 2001.
Yes, we have had the big support for Mel Gibson's THE PASSION , but while that movie was being made there was this negative buzz about it. And in that year we had a book come out saying Jesus was gay and then that Jesus and Mary Magdalene had sex. And last year THE DEVINCI CODE book which this year is coming out in film with big all-American TOm Hanks as it's star. And we also have had the Judas is a good guy book too this year too. And of course the anti-Christmas stuff in the media.
Old 04-28-06, 04:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 745 Likes on 452 Posts
Since reading about The Book of Revelation from the Bible in books or t.v. specials and even the Bibile itself since 1980 I kinda know what I'm talking about.
Never in my lifetime have I seen this anti-Jesus stuff in the media.
And all this happened after 9/11 in 2001.
Yes, we have had the big support for Mel Gibson's THE PASSION , but while that movie was being made there was this negative buzz about it. And in that year we had a book come out saying Jesus was gay and then that Jesus and Mary Magdalene had sex. And last year THE DEVINCI CODE book which this year is coming out in film with big all-American TOm Hanks as it's star. And we also have had the Judas is a good guy book too this year too. And of course the anti-Christmas stuff in the media.
Do you honestly believe all of that horseshit?

There have been books, plays, novels, documentaries, etc. that have been re-evaluating religion -- ALL religions -- for decades. Or was the brouhaha over THE LAST TEMPTATION OF CHRIST not in 1988? HOLY BLOOD, HOLY GRAIL was published 25 years ago, and was the first major publication that espoused the theories exemplified by "THE DEVINCI [sic] CODE". Remember Mappelthorpe's "Piss Christ"? Late 80s. Even "Jesus Christ Superstar" was villified by some over 30 years ago.

You really got stop believing everything talk radio and FOX News is telling you.
Old 04-28-06, 06:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 210 Likes on 144 Posts
as livinginclip mentioned......it does sorta look like an "action remake of a classic" (pretty funny statement I may add as well) but I still want to see it. The original scared the living shit out of me when I was younger and it still creeps me out to this day. I'm really hoping this one doesn't let me down.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.