Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Robot Holocaust (1986)

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Robot Holocaust (1986)

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-06, 12:29 AM
En vacance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Robot Holocaust (1986)

I enjoyed this 80s cheeze post-nuke movie! In the movie, the robots revolted and laid waste to everthing, leaving a world in ruins with air so poor no one can breathe it. In the post-apocalyptic wasteland, a drifter called Neo, who has adapted to the bad air, arrives with his robot sidekick to help the people, now called Air Slaves, who labor to produce energy for the sinister Dark One, part computer and part organic being, who in turn allows them fresh air to breathe in the poisonous air of New Terra. Neo meets a woman who convinces him to help rescue her scientist father, who has invented a device that can turn the air breathable, but is killed by a giant avocado. Gathering a trusty band of allies, Neo and pals travel through some sewers where they fight snakes which look kind of like socks, an almost unseen giant spider, mutants, and the Dark One's righthand lobsterish robot, arriving at the plant and also fight the other righthand woman Valeria. The humans sport fur-garments looking like barbarians, what do you think about this movie?

Last edited by FRwL; 01-01-06 at 12:58 AM.
Old 01-01-06, 07:11 PM
En vacance

no one's seen this??
Old 01-01-06, 07:20 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by FRwL
no one's seen this??
Only on Mystery Science Theater...
Old 01-01-06, 09:32 PM
En vacance

You can tell where the Waschowki brothers got their idea..
Old 01-01-06, 10:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
At first, I was thought this was Robot Carnivale. I really wish that would come to DVD. One of my favorite Animes when I was a kid. That and Twilight of the Cockroaches. If people know if those are on DVD that would be awesome.
Old 01-18-06, 03:12 AM
En vacance

What do you think about this post nuke movie??
Old 01-18-06, 07:40 AM

The only time I've ever seen this film was when it was on the first season of Mystery Science Theater 3000 way back in the days when Comedy Central was called The Comedy Channel (might have been when it was briefly called CTV) and Joel Hodgson was the host. "Oh, glowing green orb with hair like Sam Donaldson ..."

It was one of my favorite episodes. The guy who hosts the syndicated, half-hour Weakest Link was in the film.
Old 01-18-06, 09:03 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by ChrisKnudsen
At first, I was thought this was Robot Carnivale. I really wish that would come to DVD. One of my favorite Animes when I was a kid. That and Twilight of the Cockroaches. If people know if those are on DVD that would be awesome.
Robot Carnivale is only availible on Japanese and UK DVD. Both being subtitled and not region 1- welll I think the Japanese version is Any region.
I prefer the Streamline Pictures dub of robot carnivale... so I'm hoping that it is released.
I e-mailed the responsible studio a while back telling them how much I liked Robot Carnivale and the producer got back to me and said it inspired him to begin work on a Region 1 DVD. that was maybe 6 months ago.
Old 01-18-06, 01:02 PM
2017 TOTY Winner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 01-18-06, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Holy crap!
Old 11-29-18, 10:48 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/Moderator

Location: Formerly known as L. Ron zyzzle - On a cloud of Judgement
Received 1,825 Likes on 1,226 Posts
Re: Robot Holocaust (1986)

I'm going to bump this thread because I just watched it on Vudu.

So so crappy.

Really crappy. It's hard to tell if it wasn't made as a joke, instead of The Room of post-apocalyptic movies.

Just astounding. And way more entertaining than Solo.