Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Most Obvious Stuntmen

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Most Obvious Stuntmen

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-06, 02:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
The new Jenny Craig commercial has one. They throw "Kirstie Alley" in the air, and she flips around.
Old 01-05-06, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts
I thought Wesley Snipes' stunt double in Blade was very obvious in the sword fighting scenes.
Old 01-05-06, 12:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ytrez
I thought Wesley Snipes' stunt double in Blade was very obvious in the sword fighting scenes.
Is that one of the scenes they had to use a double since Snipes had a hangnail and locked himself in his trailer.
Old 01-05-06, 02:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Matt Millheiser
I'm Gonna Git You Sucka, in which a portly middle-aged black woman turns into a slight mustachioed hispanic male actor in an afro wig. It's outstanding.
I immediately thought of this one.
Old 01-06-06, 10:59 AM

"the long, lingering slo-mo shots of Joanna Cassidy's stuntwoman in a bad wig smashing through the glass in BLADE RUNNER."

This is one that I was going to comment on, but with a very early VHS tape release. I had an old tape of this movie, even older than the new (it was new way back then) VCR that I had bought, with a claim to fame of finely detailed pausing. Well, it was so fine that upon pausing 'she' was revealed to be a man with hairy legs and a wig. He looked like a football player. Very muscualar. It was downright hilarious and I couldn't believe it at the time. It wasn't the slo-mo part, of course; it was during the regular motion of the same scene.
Old 01-06-06, 03:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

In Wet Hot American Summer, there's a guy that gets on a motorcycle to ride back to camp. He immediately changes into a stuntman with a very bad bushy wig. I believe it was intentionally bad since the movie was a parody of all the teen summer camp movies.
Old 01-06-06, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by joefrog91
In Wet Hot American Summer, there's a guy that gets on a motorcycle to ride back to camp. He immediately changes into a stuntman with a very bad bushy wig. I believe it was intentionally bad since the movie was a parody of all the teen summer camp movies.
That probably is the case. In the show "Stella," during the scene where they dance while wearing skunk tails, they make the stunt dancers so obvious, they had slo-mo closeups of them where you clearly see their faces.
Old 01-06-06, 04:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Die Hard. The fight scene on the top floor undergoing construction. You can see the stuntman had more hair than Willis, especially where he's going through drywall.