Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Mad Max Fury Road (D: Miller) S: Hardy, Theron

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Mad Max Fury Road (D: Miller) S: Hardy, Theron

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-04, 08:20 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gibson is too busy crucifying himself, er, defending his new movie.

Doubtful he'll give up acting. With a 20+ million dollar paycheck looming for a lethal weapon 5 job and all.
Old 02-23-04, 08:32 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by Sunday Morning
gibson is too busy crucifying himself, er, defending his new movie.

Doubtful he'll give up acting. With a 20+ million dollar paycheck looming for a lethal weapon 5 job and all.
For some reason I'd imagine he'd do Mad Max 4 before he did Lethal Weapon 5. LW5 is more like R. Donner's dream since his careers in the dumps right now.

But I agree, Gibson ain't giving up acting. I just don't believe that.
Old 02-23-04, 08:52 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

You can thank the invasion of Iraq for the killing of this film.

Pre-production was in full swing, then the war broke out, and a North African shoot was thought to not be such a good idea.

If you hate Bush, you can blame him. Or you can blame Saddam. Either way, FURY ROAD was derailed, and with the tight sked Gibson has, I don't think it will ever surface again

In a perfect world, it was supposed to open this July. We would be having a trailer by now... snif snif...
Old 02-24-04, 01:56 AM

Lethal weapon 5? what is this all about?
Old 02-24-04, 02:38 AM

Received 188 Likes on 105 Posts
Originally posted by scott shelton
You can thank the invasion of Iraq for the killing of this film.
Pre-production was in full swing, then the war broke out, and a North African shoot was thought to not be such a good idea.
If you hate Bush, you can blame him. Or you can blame Saddam. Either way, FURY ROAD was derailed, and with the tight sked Gibson has, I don't think it will ever surface again
Aha! Vindication. I knew we shouldn't have invaded Iraq.

BTW: I remember when this was delayed. I thought it was going to be just a delay and not the nail in my wet dream's coffin.
Old 02-24-04, 04:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
I'll give Mel a call and see if I can't change his mind.
Old 02-24-04, 08:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 204 Likes on 158 Posts
Actually, I thought I heard the George Lucas' utilization of Australian studios prevented the Mad Max 4 production from starting on time and gave Gibson the time to do Passion. So...once again Lucas has ruined everything!
Old 02-24-04, 10:28 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Okay, we've blamed Bu$h and Luca$ already. Now all we need is to find ways to peg this on Di$ney and Micro$oft!!!

Old 02-24-04, 10:32 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally posted by Steve Phillips
SON OF MAD MAX?
I guess that could work, if the main character was a Zombie Baby.
Old 02-24-04, 06:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Mel hath no fury

20feb04

MEL Gibson has suggested he is getting too old to reprise one of his signature roles in the much-delayed Mad Max 4: Fury Road.

"It's getting to the point where they'll start calling it Fat Max," Gibson said.
He said he still hoped to work again with Mad Max creator and director George Miller, and with fellow Australian director Peter Weir.

"Those guys are masters, so of course I'd love to work with them again," Gibson said.

"The trouble is, will they want me?"

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/com...5E2902,00.html
Old 02-24-04, 10:12 PM

After Beyond Thunderdome - I fail to see how the series can be resurected without being a prequell to the last film - Which was the ultimate let down =

I grew up in Broken Hill and was 9 when they came to town to make Mad Max 2 - The actors walked around town in costume - it was awesome - If you are a Mad Max nut you need to make apilgramige to Silverton Hotel about 20 K's west of there - Its a goldmine of photos and stories from the shoot and the owner even has a replica Interceptor - I got a beer cooler with the car on it - \m/

Mad Max 4 would be interesting - But I would really like to see a definitive DVD version of Mad Max and Mad Max 2 come out with some meaningful extras on it.
Old 02-25-04, 07:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Groucho
I guess that could work, if the main character was a Zombie Baby.
a slow zombie baby or a running zombie baby?
Old 02-25-04, 09:33 PM

Trigger - Word - No cat like zombies - The fastest a zombie should be able to move is a shamble.
Old 06-15-04, 08:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 290 Likes on 211 Posts
"Mad Max 4"....definitely not happening

Well this sucks!

From IMDB

Mad Max: Fury Road , which was to have returned Mel Gibson to the role he made famous in three Australian-filmed action flicks in the late '70s and early '80s, has been scrapped, published reports in Australia said Sunday. Although hundreds of thousands of dollars had already been spent on development of the film, work was halted last week reportedly because of logistical difficulties. Originally set to film last July in Namibia, the production was postponed because of security concerns. Oddly, Namibia, which is mostly Christian and is located in southern Africa, is not regarded as a terrorist target, and no security advisories have been issued for the country. Principal filming had been scheduled for the Kalahari desert, which is sparsely populated. Director George Miller said Sunday that filming could not take place elsewhere because the Kalahari uniquely offers a hard surface for the vehicles that were to be used in the movie. Elsewhere, they would have bogged down, he said.
Old 06-15-04, 08:15 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dammit. i wanna see a grown-up Feral Kid, Gyro again, and Tina Turner returning as aunty Entity and a 2005 re-mix of "We Don't Need Another Hero" with Christina Aguilera. i say we start a petition.

Last edited by Rivero; 06-15-04 at 11:03 AM.
Old 06-15-04, 08:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

That still sounds like "probably" not happening rather than "definitely". I'm not going to let go of my last .5oz of hope.
Old 06-15-04, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Rivero
dammit. i wanna see a grown-up Feral Kid, Gyro again, and Tina Turner returning as aunty Entity and a 2005 re-mix of "We Don't Need Another Hero" with Christina Aguilera. i say we start a petition.
And maybe we can get Kevin Costner to star and direct and make it 3 hours long.

Seriously though, I'm really disapointed at this. I was really, really looking forward to Mad Max 4, almost as much if not more than Indiana Jones 4. We need some high-octane, post-apocalyptic action for the new millenium.
Old 06-15-04, 01:20 PM
MrE
DVD Talk Special Edition

Mel tied up and and flogged. He wouldn't have to use a stand-in this go round.
Old 06-15-04, 05:49 PM

Damn of any sequel this is the one I want to see. if for no reason than...I want to see George Miller make movies that don't star pigs!!! I want to see a hard ass action movie!!! Set in the wasteland!!! I love Indy, but screw that, I'd rather have Mad Max 4. Shit, I'd take Mad Max 4 over most any sequel.
Old 06-15-04, 06:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

That must be some special ground if it cant be replicated anywhere.
Old 06-15-04, 11:02 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Uhhh, why don't they film it in Australia? I thought films were cheaper to film in Australia. Wonder what Miller had up his sleeve with all these special locales.
Old 06-16-04, 01:34 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
I think they didn't do it in australia because lucas was using all the studio space for ep3, at least that's what I originally heard
what sucks most about this is that they had actually decided to do it so it was no longer a hope but was going to be a reality. no it probably won't. if that's the case I wish they had never announced that they were actually going to do it
hopefully Mel and company will wake up and realize the fan base for mad max is fairly large
Old 06-16-04, 02:26 AM
Fok
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Sound be an interesting movie if it gets done. I can't see it topping the first 2 movies though.
Old 06-16-04, 03:56 PM

I just want Mel to return to his roots one last time. This is where his career started. He might as well make one of his last action movies Mad Max. I get the feeling Mel won't be acting as much anymore, so if ANY role deserves to be done again it's Mad Max. Come on Mel!!! Dust off your jesus money and get back in the interceptor!
Old 06-16-04, 05:09 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts
I always considered The Road Warrior one of the ten best science fiction movies of all time.

However, I was only a casual fan of Mad Max until I saw the DVD with the original Australian language track. Suddenly this movie exploded to life for me, and it was like seeing it for the first time. It's a shame we had to wait over 20 years to see it in all its glory without that horrible American dubbing that made everyone sound like the world's worst actors!

I like to pretend the middle of the third one (Thunderdome) never happened, so I very much want to see a fourth done in the spirit of the first two. Please, please, please George and Mel - I'm trying my hardest to will this movie into existence!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.