Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

UGH... Dukes of Hazzard 2!!!??

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

UGH... Dukes of Hazzard 2!!!??

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-05, 06:23 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Cornelius1047
And I had to deal with Jessica Simpson.

She has very little screen time and that is nearly impossible to handle?

Guys going to the film hoping to drool over her will be severely disappointed. Sure she has a few scenes,but is largely a background charecter throughout the majority of the running time.
Old 08-31-05, 11:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How come every time someone decides to make fun of a post they use "OMG!!!111"? I don't think that was found anywhere in my original post when I put this up last night. But that's ok...

I wasn't trying to be a snob. I feel this way about a lot of films that are greenlit by the braindead morons in Hollywood. I personally didn't like the first one because I was a fan of the TV series as a kid, and thought they screwed with it too much to make it raunchier. That's all. Also, if you're going to do a sequel, do you really have nothing better to do than put your characters in Europe? A fish out of water story in Europe? Those good ol' boys not knowing anything about those soggy brits... in Europe? Wow, neat concept.

It just seems like it's been so done to death. As a rule, films based on TV shows are a bad idea usually - and I can't remember a sequel of one (Star Trek, Flintstones and Scooby-Doo aside - they were made for a much broader audience) making enough money back to justify them.

I just found Jessica Simpson's quote amusing about how neat an idea it would be to put the Dukes in Europe... as if it was a fresh new, cutting edge idea....

Jackskeleton and Giantrobo - you guys are funny!

Some possible scenes:
The General Lee gets in a high speed chase - wait for it - on the wrong side of the road. Hilarity ensues. During said chase scene, we're treated to seeing the General race around in the traffic circle near Big Ben (a la Griswold lore in European Vacation, and the Atlanta chase in the first Dukes film).

Stifler - I mean Bo Duke - shoots flaming arrows from a double-decker bus while muttering "sumbitch" for no discernible reason, other than to use 'naughty' words.

Vinnie Jones (the token crazy Brit in every film which takes place in said Europe) plays the kooky, zany, sputterer of safe-for-PG-13 cuss words while in 'hot pursuit' of the Duke boys throughout the North Country. Maybe throw in a double-decker bus for him to drive so all the kids who saw Eurotrip can have bad-movie-flashbacks.

Bo and Luke end up in some crazy German town where Uncle Jesse's long lost relatives are from. During this zany visit, they engage in a zesty polka festival and mistakenly start town-wide fisticuffs. There may also be a night-time scene where Bo wanders unawares into a crazy sado-sex-shop and is tortured by women in leather... mind you, all in good clean fun to keep the rating.

The boys get to ironically say "Right, Then" and "Cheerio", while impersonating some sort of British scientists. A clueless fellow scientist may say "Are you guys British?" And to that Bo will say "We converted". Hijinks ensue, and perhaps this joke can be reused a la the "Shrimp on the barbie" scene in the first film. I haven't worked it out yet, but that holds the potential to be a real classic moment.

Daisy might be whisked away to some far away land... called France. There, some oily, slick guy will try to lure her away from life on the farm. Luckily, the boys will jump the General over the Arc De Triumph and rescue her. There will also be an obligatory scene in a French restaurant somewhere in this section of the film, with a rude waiter. This scene will most likely involve poop on a plate, and Stifler eating it.

To cap it all off. Stonehenge. I mean come on, this has never been used before, has it? Okay, so at the end there's a huge chase scene with Vinny Jones' double-decker bus and various other law-enforcement types chasing the Duke boys... someone NEEDS to crash into the stonehenge rocks and make them fall down in some sort of domino effect.

Can someone please get me a writing credit for this film? Anyone?

Last edited by Flynn; 09-01-05 at 04:17 AM.
Old 09-03-05, 12:13 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I guess no love for my ideas?
Old 09-04-05, 12:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The first one was good stupid fun. Why not make a second? If you hated the first it's not like you have go see the sequel. Hell, if we can get Oceans Twelve- a sequel to a REMAKE- we can get Dukes 2 without too much of a suprise.
Old 09-04-05, 04:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I wouldn't say hate. I just don't see the need.