DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   UGH... Dukes of Hazzard 2!!!?? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/436196-ugh-dukes-hazzard-2-a.html)

Flynn 08-31-05 12:59 AM

UGH... Dukes of Hazzard 2!!!??

From IMDB:

The 'Dukes' Head for London

The producers of hit summer blockbuster The Dukes Of Hazzard are planning to set the sequel in London. Jessica Simpson, who played sexy Daisy Duke in the movie adaptation of the hit TV show, reveals she can't wait to get back in character, especially if the film crosses the Atlantic. She tells website SkyNews.com, "They would be lost in London. I think Daisy and those crazy boys will have a great time in the UK."

Does anyone have any other sources for this? What on earth is Hollywood thinking??? I looked over at Skynews.com and can't seem to verify this story that IMDB is quoting... let's hope it's bogus!

FinkPish 08-31-05 01:05 AM

First of all, you are surprised that Hollywood is making poor choices? Were you born yesterday? ;)

Second, IMDB's rumor page is about as reliable as the Weekly World News. And I can't even get a connection to anything at skynews.com.

Jackskeleton 08-31-05 01:10 AM

OMG!!11 THEY'RE MAKING FILMS I DON'T LIKE?!?!! HOW DARE THEY!?!?!

If the franchise turns a profit, expect a sequel. I don't see why it's so hard to follow that logic?

NatrlBornThrllr 08-31-05 01:13 AM

I'll see it. I'm a sucker for Broken Lizard (even if these don't officially receive that tag).

-JP

Giantrobo 08-31-05 01:30 AM

Oh my god, dvdtalk has so many snobs! :lol:

So what they're making a sequel. You don't have to see it. Anyway, the 1st one was decent so the next one may be fun too.

The Cow 08-31-05 01:32 AM

I'm open to seeing it...

What part of blockbuster in your post would make you think this is unlikely? Sheesh.

zombiezilla 08-31-05 07:44 AM

Gotta go with the original post writer here. This is, by far (except maybe "Garfield 2"), the worst idea for a sequel (or movie, period) I've heard in quite some time. And I actually LIKE Johnny Knoxville (but mostly as a Jackass; he's not a great actor, but not awful either). But that dude from American Pie just licks. We won't even talk about Jessica Simpson.

Michael Corvin 08-31-05 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by zombiezilla
But that dude from American Pie just licks.

Pardon my ignorance, but is this a good thing or a bad thing?

raven56706 08-31-05 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by zombiezilla
But that dude from American Pie just licks the a$$ crack of sucky movies.

fixed

rotfl

SINGLE104 08-31-05 09:18 AM

That's very typical for the movie industry. making sequels from terrible movies, and wasting millions, and millions of dollars. And they are wondering why the box office sales are rapidly declining, losing business.

Fielding Mellish 08-31-05 09:23 AM

They ought to have them face off aginst the Fantastic Four.

Then watch half of DVDTalk's heads explode.

coli 08-31-05 09:39 AM

People wonder why the box office receipts are down from last year. Start making good movies or atleast make an original movie! This is why I don't go to the movies anymore, most are utter crap. They are marketed toward teenagers and college aged kids with alot of action and alot of special effects. Those movies draw zero interest in me to see them. Oh, well we still have the classics from the past.

digidoh 08-31-05 10:15 AM

From the title of this thread, I figured the original poster was upset over any Dukes sequel being made. But from the text of his post, it's not clear whether it's over that or the fact/rumor that it will be set IN LONDON!!!

Draven 08-31-05 10:19 AM

Cool. My wife and I loved the current version and I'm all for a sequel! :)

PixyJunket 08-31-05 10:36 AM

Of course, had I posted a thread like "UGH.. X-Man 3" or "UGH.. Spider-Man 3" I'd have been brutalized by the net nerds.
Funny how that works out.

scott shelton 08-31-05 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by coli
Oh, well we still have the classics from the past.

They made crap back then too.

zombiezilla 08-31-05 12:25 PM

Thanks for the fix, raven56706. You nailed it exactly right! :)

Geofferson 08-31-05 12:27 PM

Not surprised. The first one has done decent at the BO to warrant a sequel.

Cornelius1047 08-31-05 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by PixyJunket
Of course, had I posted a thread like "UGH.. X-Man 3" or "UGH.. Spider-Man 3" I'd have been brutalized by the net nerds.
Funny how that works out.

That's exactly how it should work out. It makes sense. Most of the people on this board liked/loved the X-Men and Spider-Man movies. As far as I can tell, a LOT of people (here and beyond) didn't like/hated Dukes Of Hazzard.

Whatever.

K

Achtung 08-31-05 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by coli
People wonder why the box office receipts are down from last year. Start making good movies or atleast make an original movie! This is why I don't go to the movies anymore, most are utter crap. They are marketed toward teenagers and college aged kids with alot of action and alot of special effects. Those movies draw zero interest in me to see them. Oh, well we still have the classics from the past.

Stop downloading movies. Obviously that's the number one reason no one goes to the movies. Stop taking money from those hardworking writers who came up with a plot like this.

:p

island007 08-31-05 03:20 PM

The first did ok at the box office, so a sequel seems appropriate.

Julie Walker 08-31-05 03:56 PM

I'm sure the film is 'hip' to bash. Yet I suspect there are plenty of 'closet' Dukes fans out there to scared to admit to liking something others didn't.

For example,a friend of mine keeps hearing from all his cowokers how much the Dukes 'sucks'. I am the only one he knows that liked it,or at least admitted to liking it!

I thought the film was just good fun,and am all for a sequel if made.

Now when Spiderman 3 is announced. I want someone to start an "Oh know they are making Spiderman 3!" thread:)

"A guy in a spider costume with spider senses? How stupid and unrealistic!" :D

Cornelius1047 08-31-05 04:20 PM

The Spider-Man movies are better than Dukes Of Hazzard, but realism isn't the only (or main) reason. That being said, I actually liked some of the movie myself. Unfortunately, I had to sit through a lot of unfunny, boring, drivel to get to the parts that amused me. And I had to deal with Jessica Simpson. The movie would have probably made an excellent extended SNL skit, which to me, is what it was, only much longer and, of course, including some of the unfunny stuff most SNL skits seem to be required to contain.

Now, as far as a sequel, I'd probably go see it if I was bored and a friend wanted to go. The girl I went with loved it, even saw it a second time. I wouldn't go out of my way to see it twice. Let alone pay for it twice. But I might sit thru a sequel if there was nothing better to do, and there usually isn't.

K

FinkPish 08-31-05 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by SINGLE104
If post-production is currently in the making for another Spiderman sequel, then hopefully the casting directer will select a more mature looking actor for the leading role. Tobey Maguire facial features appears to look too inmature, boyish, even though he's an adult to be cast as Spiderman. In my opinion, an older looking actor will look more suitable.
My aspect of this movie was like viewing Spiderboy, rather than Spiderman. This was my only opposition in relating to this movie.

I'm so confused. If they were in post-production (editing, animating, scoring, etc) they should recast? How would they do that exactly?

And, have you ever read the Spiderman comics? He's A Kid! How about that! He's not supposed to be an adult.

DRG 08-31-05 05:05 PM

Well, it's about ****in' time!