Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Regarding General Grievous (possible spoilers)

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Regarding General Grievous (possible spoilers)

Old 05-26-05, 04:56 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jackskeleton
Add in that Dooku is dead and you don't have him doing anymore training and he has little to no support on that end and you see why he was as weak as he was.
Are you saying a couple days or weeks without training would take him from a bad ass jedi killer to a complete wimp that runs from jedi? Injured and weak I can buy, hasn't trained for a couple of days so now weak, I don't see it.
Old 05-26-05, 05:03 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yup. Mace himself took out an army of driods in the cartoons. So you can clearly see how the cartoon really made the characters a bit too cartoony in the end.
Old 06-03-05, 03:41 PM

Ressurection!

Actually, I just wanted to post this link which may not be good in a few days(I'll update it if that's the case), but it's spot on for this thread. In fact it's spot on for about a dozen threads but I'm not gonna spam it.

http://www.vgcats.com/comics/
Old 06-03-05, 06:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm sure someone here would know. Some guy at work keeps telling me Grievous is in a scene in Episode II. I've never seen him. Is Grievous in EP2 or is my coworker just nuts?
Old 06-03-05, 06:31 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Nuts.
Old 06-03-05, 06:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Ketamine
Nuts.
Thank you. He kept telling me he was in the scene where Dooku is talking to all the separatists and army leaders before the arena battle.
Old 06-03-05, 07:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 295 Likes on 187 Posts
The book with the story of Boba chatting with the Sarlac is Tales from Jabba's Palace.
Old 06-03-05, 09:09 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

In ESB the Empire was really powerful, but look how they were toned down in ROTJ.
Old 06-03-05, 09:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 117 Likes on 92 Posts
In ROTS the clonetroopers were rather bad ass. When the stormtroopers took over in the OT they were supposed to be great fighters and marksmen, yet an entire legion of the best of them got owned by a bunch of teddy bears. Go figure.

I don't see why so many people are disappointed with Grievous. He served his purpose and the EU (books and comics) can give you some of him in his glory days like it did with Boba Fett. If you don't buy into EU, well, not really a major loss, but it helps with certain cravings!