Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Where can I buy a nice replica light sabre?

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Where can I buy a nice replica light sabre?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-05, 02:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The master replicas rep said on the rebelscum board that they should ship out in June to retailers...except for the Mace Windu...that ships in July. I was lucky to pick up an Ani and a Vader about 3 weeks ago before the rush hit.
Old 05-24-05, 02:18 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by KnightLerxst
The master replicas rep said on the rebelscum board that they should ship out in June to retailers...except for the Mace Windu...that ships in July. I was lucky to pick up an Ani and a Vader about 3 weeks ago before the rush hit.
Thanks for the info. I can be patient, no clue of what I'll do with it, besides be laughed at by my friends
Old 05-24-05, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
you can make your own
http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=424008
Old 05-24-05, 02:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by SpaceBoy
Thanks for the info. I can be patient, no clue of what I'll do with it, besides be laughed at by my friends
My philosophy is this...I grew up with a fucking flashlight and a plastic tube as a "lightsaber" when I grew up...if they had made these back in the 80s I wouldn't want one now.

Oh...I showed the Anakin saber to a buddy of mine and he had to pick up one...apparently he tried freaking a few people out on the road by holding it out the sunroof at night and "ignighting" it after they went by...he said he saw break lights in the rear view mirror many times.
Old 05-24-05, 04:15 PM
Suspended

It actually isn't in regards to the design of the prop...the new one has been machined and given a chrome finish...it is very similar to the EPV saber. The original saber from ANH and ESB were made from a graflex flash handle...with a piece of chrome tape over the graflex etched near the clamp...and a circuit board or a calculator bubble strip in the clamp.
Damn dude, you know a little too much about lightsabers...
Old 05-24-05, 04:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Must resist urge to get a Master Replica Mace Windu saber.
Old 05-24-05, 04:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by MJKTool
Damn dude, you know a little too much about lightsabers...
You think I am bad...just check out a few of the replica prop forums.
Old 05-24-05, 06:34 PM
Fok
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Man I really want one now. I'll see if I can pick one up, guess I'll be waiting for a while
Old 05-24-05, 09:12 PM

My philosophy is this...I grew up with a fucking flashlight and a plastic tube as a "lightsaber" when I grew up...if they had made these back in the 80s I wouldn't want one now.

Oh...I showed the Anakin saber to a buddy of mine and he had to pick up one...apparently he tried freaking a few people out on the road by holding it out the sunroof at night and "ignighting" it after they went by...he said he saw break lights in the rear view mirror many times.
Haha. I'm not to worried, it's all in good fun. My doctor friend at first thought I was an idiot til I showed him pictures and he's like I might have to get one now.. that thing is sweet. I figure what's 100 bucks here or there for something when everybody wastes so much money I know I do.. wasted that on dinner for two the other night. rather have the sword ha.

FOK, if you get one use that coupon, well it saved me 20 some bucks.. still think it's 109 with shipping etc.. Maybe can find it cheaper instore.
Old 05-24-05, 09:27 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by kajs
http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html...sin=B0007PHN3A

TCTENTARGETS for 10% off....best deal I think that's out there and probably best star wars purchase I ever made.
code does not work
Old 05-24-05, 09:49 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Any idea when they will start production back up on the ROTJ Luke Saber? It was rumored they stopped it to redesign it like the newer ones. Any info?
Old 05-24-05, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by Class316
code does not work

The one brianluvdvd mentoined, 25% off coupon for a force fx lightsaber. It says to enter this code at checkout: GPFXEV9D works.

It comes out to a tad cheaper to with shipping 111 at Target (without target code) Vs 109 from Master Replicas direct, although it's on backorder there.
Old 05-25-05, 05:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Any idea when they will start production back up on the ROTJ Luke Saber? It was rumored they stopped it to redesign it like the newer ones. Any info?
I don't think they are going to reproduce the ROTJ Luke anymore...and apparently they are not working on redesigning older sabers like that one for at least 18 months. They are working on an EPIII Obi Wan...so hopefully they can improve the design so the neck is not as fat as the Luke ROTJ. The latest versions are much better and closer in size to the actual props...and they only use 3 batteries as opposed to 6 in the earlier models.
Old 05-25-05, 07:26 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
This sounded really stupid but $90-120 bucks isn't really that bad. I wish you could have it tied to a switch to turn them on.
Old 05-25-05, 07:31 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
I don't think they are going to reproduce the ROTJ Luke anymore...and apparently they are not working on redesigning older sabers like that one for at least 18 months. They are working on an EPIII Obi Wan...so hopefully they can improve the design so the neck is not as fat as the Luke ROTJ. The latest versions are much better and closer in size to the actual props...and they only use 3 batteries as opposed to 6 in the earlier models.
Thanks for the info. From what I gather these aren't intended as "collector's items" that go out of manufacturing forever just a period of time so that they can focus on different ones. That is what the main replica line is for.

Interesting about the batteries. Mace's is still relatively new and it is 6 batteries. Are the new Vader & Anakin sabers 3 or 6?
Old 05-25-05, 07:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Thanks for the info. From what I gather these aren't intended as "collector's items" that go out of manufacturing forever just a period of time so that they can focus on different ones. That is what the main replica line is for.

Interesting about the batteries. Mace's is still relatively new and it is 6 batteries. Are the new Vader & Anakin sabers 3 or 6?
The Ani and Vaders use 3 batteries...they also have louder sounds and better motions sensors according to some. Plenty of information on the sabers right here http://www.rpf.invisionzone.com/inde...howtopic=85190
Old 05-25-05, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 960 Likes on 667 Posts

That doesn't really mean anything. I am having a hard time finding any of the Unleashed series that I want. Some of the more rare ones I only saw once or twice and some I never saw in stores. They aren't really supposed to be collectables, just toys.
Old 05-25-05, 12:48 PM
HN
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 64 Likes on 39 Posts
http://mgrsti3030s.seamlesstech.biz/...ubFolderID=179
Old 05-25-05, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by tanman
That doesn't really mean anything. I am having a hard time finding any of the Unleashed series that I want. Some of the more rare ones I only saw once or twice and some I never saw in stores. They aren't really supposed to be collectables, just toys.
Yeah the MR sabers are really just expensive toys...but they are highly sought after. The demand jumped like crazy when the movie hit. The Luke ROTJ goes for around 250 on ebay...even though it is way inferior in comparison to the new generation. Actually MR decided to re-release the Mace Windu saber because scalpers were charging an arm and a leg on ebay.
Old 05-25-05, 01:12 PM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Is the technology not there to produce a sabre which actually projects the light just like in the movies ?

I guess there is but not for less than several grand
Old 05-25-05, 01:29 PM
Fok
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The Ani and Vaders use 3 batteries...they also have louder sounds and better motions sensors according to some. Plenty of information on the sabers right here http://www.rpf.invisionzone.com/inde...howtopic=85190
So the ones at Futureshop, are they Gen 4 sabers? oh hopefully I can still get one
Old 05-25-05, 02:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Original Desmond
Is the technology not there to produce a sabre which actually projects the light just like in the movies ?

I guess there is but not for less than several grand
I can see it now..."When I was your age we had plastic tubes that lit up that looked like lightsabers...not your gawl dang new fangeled holographic sabers..."
Old 05-25-05, 02:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Fok
So the ones at Futureshop, are they Gen 4 sabers? oh hopefully I can still get one
The Anakin and the Vader ESB are Generation 4 sabers and from what MR has said they won't be upgrading the specs for awhile. The Luke ESB and the Vader ANH are Gen 3 I do believe.
Old 05-25-05, 03:07 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

What's the difference between gen 3 and 4?
Old 05-25-05, 03:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Class316
What's the difference between gen 3 and 4?
Generation 3 uses 6 batteries which causes the hilt to be somewhat larger than the actual prop. The blades are pretty much the same as the Gen 4...but the sounds are not at loud. The activation switches on these are a little odd. The Luke ESB is the red button near the top...and the Vader is apparently a small button near the activation box.

Generation 4 uses 3 AA batteries and are very close in size to the actual prop. The activation switches have also been improved. On the Anakin the gold lever on the control box turns on the saber...and on the Vader the actual bubble strip on the activation box acts as the switch...very cool.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.