DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   Where can I buy a nice replica light sabre? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/423485-where-can-i-buy-nice-replica-light-sabre.html)

Fok 05-20-05 01:52 PM

Where can I buy a nice replica light sabre?

Was at the theatre on opening night. A guy had a replica light sabre and the blade was quite nice and bright. He said he'd paid 100 CDN for it. Didn't get a chance to ask where he got it from. Is there a place where I can get them?

Groucho 05-20-05 01:52 PM

Screw that. Where can I get a REAL light saber?

lopper 05-20-05 01:55 PM

masterreplicas.com

http://masterreplicas.com/customer/s...list.php?cid=9

kajs 05-20-05 01:58 PM

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html...sin=B0007PHN3A

TCTENTARGETS for 10% off....best deal I think that's out there and probably best star wars purchase I ever made.

Fok 05-20-05 02:05 PM

Any Canadian site or stores out there? Man after looking at these sites, I now really want one!

AsmodeusVice 05-20-05 02:06 PM

Did it look like any of these?
http://img167.echo.cx/img167/5708/sabers9rn.jpg

If so, they are the Force Effects line from Master Replicas.

There is also another place called ParkSabers. But they aren't replicas, they are his own design.

The only advantage that ParkSabers have is that you can remove the blade. Master Replicas sabers are permanently attached, but they have motion activated sound.

So I'd look for the MR sabers because they are exact replicas of the movie sabers (size is a bit bigger to house the electronics), plus they just look cool.

Fok 05-20-05 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by AsmodeusVice

There is also another place called ParkSabers. But they aren't replicas, they are his own design.

The only advantage that ParkSabers have is that you can remove the blade. Master Replicas sabers are permanently attached, but they have motion activated sound.

So I'd look for the MR sabers because they are exact replicas of the movie sabers (size is a bit bigger to house the electronics), plus they just look cool.

It didn't look like a ParkSaber one, but man they do look nice. The more I look into this, the more I want one :drool:

mdc3000 05-20-05 06:08 PM

The Master Replica ones are NOW AVAILABLE at Future Shop in Canada for $149.99. They have Anakin and Darth. I bought the Anakin one...pretty damn sweet.

MATT

SpaceBoy 05-20-05 09:01 PM

I always thought people who had these were nerds, but must admit, I really want one now after seeing a guy with one at the midnight showing... I think I'll have to pick up one of those Master Replicas, prob Vader.

Fok, what 5 are those you have in that picture, I only see 4 listed. Is one retired or something?

Cameron 05-20-05 09:58 PM

Suncoast, media play, sam goody they are 89.99 ...during the 25% off all star wars merch...so thats cheap

JackBurton 05-20-05 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by AsmodeusVice

Where can I get the display holder for the Master Replicas sabers?? I don't see them on the website anymore. I need 3 of them.

JoeyOhhhh 05-20-05 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by JackBurton
Where can I get the display holder for the Master Replicas sabers?? I don't see them on the website anymore. I need 3 of them.

My Vader and Anakin came with them. Maybe you could contact Master Replica about them.

AsmodeusVice, I heard that the Luke ROTJ saber doesn't power up the same as the newer ones, any truth to that?

QuikSilver 05-21-05 12:26 AM

Borders have them for $100.00

JackBurton 05-21-05 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by QuikSilver
Borders have them for $100.00

$100 just for the display stand?? All I need is the display holder/stand. None of the 3 Master Replicas sabers I have came with one. I don't even see the display stands alone available on ebay.

I'd also love to get the MR blueprint for vader's saber to hang up next to it, but that is nowhere to be found anymore either...

Ruderic 05-21-05 08:44 AM

I saw them at Best Buy for $118

lordwow 05-21-05 10:26 AM

*scratches head*

Shouldn't everyone know that the Ep3 Anakin saber is the SAME SABER as the Ep5 Luke saber?

Spiderbite 05-21-05 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by lopper

By the way, I was looking thru one of my game magazines & it had an ad for these with a 25% off coupon for a force fx lightsaber. It says to enter this code at checkout: GPFXEV9D .

It says that the offer expires August 31, 2005. Hope that helps some of you.

Michael Corvin 05-21-05 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by JoeyOhhhh
My Vader and Anakin came with them. Maybe you could contact Master Replica about them.

AsmodeusVice, I heard that the Luke ROTJ saber doesn't power up the same as the newer ones, any truth to that?

A friend of mine has the first ones released and none of them power up the same as the new ones. He was quite jealous of my "Mace" one.

Tylerec 05-22-05 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by brianluvdvd
By the way, I was looking thru one of my game magazines & it had an ad for these with a 25% off coupon for a force fx lightsaber. It says to enter this code at checkout: GPFXEV9D .

Has anyone got this code to work?

SpaceBoy 05-22-05 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by Tylerec
Has anyone got this code to work?

The code def works..

I have one sitting in my shopping cart and trying to figure out if I should get it or not.. It doesn't show up until you fill out the whole page with payment info etc. and click continue.. that might be your trouble.

Subtotal: $89.25
A savings of $29.75 with promotion code GPFXEV9D
Sales Tax: $0.00
Order Total: $89.25

Is what is after the code with shipping added. The 18 shipping is what is really killing the deal.

Still pretty good price I guess... Now do I really need this or not ha.

Caved and got the dark vader one. my fiance is going to beat me when she sees it.. haha

Thanks for the coupon :thumbsup:

KnightLerxst 05-22-05 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by lordwow
*scratches head*

Shouldn't everyone know that the Ep3 Anakin saber is the SAME SABER as the Ep5 Luke saber?

It actually isn't in regards to the design of the prop...the new one has been machined and given a chrome finish...it is very similar to the EPV saber. The original saber from ANH and ESB were made from a graflex flash handle...with a piece of chrome tape over the graflex etched near the clamp...and a circuit board or a calculator bubble strip in the clamp.

Fok 05-23-05 11:42 AM

In terms of sounds and brightness of the blade, are Master Replica ones better than parksaber ones?

I saw the ones at futureshop, Darth Vaders blade looked more pink than red to me.

lordzeppelin 05-23-05 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by Fok
In terms of sounds and brightness of the blade, are Master Replica ones better than parksaber ones?

I saw the ones at futureshop, Darth Vaders blade looked more pink than red to me.

I think that's the lighting in store. I thought the one display looked like crap, but I took home a Vader, and man, in even a decently lit room, this thing looks nice, and in a dimly lit or dark room...WOW.

KnightLerxst 05-24-05 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by lordzeppelin
I think that's the lighting in store. I thought the one display looked like crap, but I took home a Vader, and man, in even a decently lit room, this thing looks nice, and in a dimly lit or dark room...WOW.

Also the thing sounds evil...a really low buzz and the swinging effect sounds evil as well.

SpaceBoy 05-24-05 09:02 AM

Who knows how long the backorder thing will be on those, it says summer, ha.. Oh well I have my order in, and can't wait..