Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Frank Miller’s Sin City: A Dame To Kill For (2014) D: Rodriguez/Miller

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Frank Miller’s Sin City: A Dame To Kill For (2014) D: Rodriguez/Miller

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-06, 01:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts
"Lost, Lonely and Lethal" was a Sin City one shot that included "Blue Eyes," "Rats" and "Fat Man and Little Boy." All the stories from it are collected in "Booze, Broads & Bullets."
Old 08-11-06, 10:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 213 Likes on 186 Posts
Bledel Talks Sin City 2

Will she be back for the sequel?

August 9, 2006 - While attending the recent TCA (Television Critics Association) Press Tour, IGN got the chance to chat with actress Alexis Bledel about Sin City 2.

Although it appeared that her character, Becky, died at the end of Sin City, IGN asked Bledel if she would be involved with the sequel since the new movie is going to take place before the events in the first film.

"Apparently, she doesn't die, which I'm very excited about," Bledel revealed, adding, "I haven't talked to (writer-director Robert Rodriguez) yet, no. But there have been conversations about my involvement, so I'm excited. Hopefully I'll still be involved when it comes time to shoot it."

Talking about filming the first movie entirely against a green screen, Bledel recalled that "it was such a crazy process. Yeah, and I didn't know it was going to be green screen until I got there, and I just walked on stage and it was just a green screen. And I learned it in about 15 minutes, and we just started shooting. It was very quick too. Everything happens really fast."

Sin City 2 is expected to be Rodriguez's follow-up to his now-filming Grind House collaboration with Quentin Tarantino.

IGN.com
Old 08-12-06, 01:09 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Nice to read some sorta news about this.
Old 01-18-07, 10:27 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Rose McGowan replacing Jolie in Sin City 2?

So we all know that Angelina Jolie has been busy and that has been supposedly holding up Sin City 2. That and the fact Rodriguez is busy doing Grind House. But a rumor has started circulating the web that Rose McGowan or Rachel Weisz will star in Sin City 2 and REPLACE Jolie. My money is if it does happen its gonna be Rose. She is already working with Rodriguez and I am sure is like Taratino and loyal to his regular crew ( which she might be part of now ).

Frank Miller's 2nd foray into Sin City will have Nancy avenging Hartigans death by killing off the rest of the Roark family. This story apparently has been confirmed by Frank Miller.

There will be 2 more stories. One will be about Nancy avenging Hartigan's death by killing remaining members of the Roark family. Miller says this will show "a whole new side of Nancy." This story has been confirmed as one of the main stories for the planned movie Sin City 2. There will also be a prequel story for Sin City 2 and on top of that 3rd story which we don't know about.

MOVIESONLINE.ca
Old 01-22-07, 12:47 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Is Jolie no longer 'The Dame to Kill For'?

Proceed as if you're about to step into bed with a Hilton sister- in other words 'with Caution - but nonetheless, lick your lips around this one : Angelina Jolie may be out of "Sin City 2" - she was set to play 'The Dame' to Kill For - and Rachel Weisz may be in.

The gang at Cinemablend tell us that a scooper has informed them that Jolie's deal didn't work out, for some reason or another, and that director Robert Rodriguez is now making the deal with "Mummy" hottie Rachel Weisz, instead.

The film - which will bring back original stars such as Mickey Rourke, Clive Owen and Bruce Willis - is supposedly on track to start filming next year.

Sprinkle it with Salt. Ponder whether you'd like Weisz in the role, then come back shortly to see if it's been confirmed or debunked.

MOVIEHOLE.net

[if true]
Old 01-22-07, 01:36 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 165 Likes on 118 Posts
Jolie would have been awesome, but Weisz is just about as good, and I can't recall her taking on this kind of role before, will love to see her as bad girl Ava.
Old 01-22-07, 02:12 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Man, who does Rose McGowan have to sleep with to get a role in this movie?
Old 01-22-07, 02:20 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Damn! That role would've been perfect for Jolie. Still, I enjoy Weisz's work more.
Old 01-25-07, 11:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,021 Likes on 630 Posts
I don't think Weisz is right for Ava. Weisz is hot, but not in a "bombshell seductress" kind of way.
Old 01-26-07, 12:10 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,745 Likes on 1,890 Posts
Originally Posted by Cellar Door
I don't think Weisz is right for Ava. Weisz is hot, but not in a "bombshell seductress" kind of way.
Agreed. She just doesn't seem like she has that edge that Ava needs.

You know, I could maybe see Natalie Portman playing Ava. After watching her do the SNL rap, she definitely has some edge there. Ava needs to be more than beautiful; she has to have a streak of ruthlessness and cruelty as well. (Though I doubt Nat would do the nude scenes. Of course that didn't prevent them from casting Jessica Alba...)
Old 02-26-07, 12:30 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Miller Says 'Sin City 2' Ready to Go

Hoping for a late spring shoot

SCI FI Wire had a chance to speak with Frank Miller and it looks like the highly anticipated Sin City 2 will indeed be filmed this year. Miller told the site "he hopes to be in Texas to shoot the film by late spring. Miller and Robert Rodriguez will again share directing duties on the sequel."
"The script is largely done, and now we're in that limbo zone where we're casting and making script adjustments as we go," Miller said. He continued saying that the second film will be based on the second "Sin City" tale and a prequel to "The Hard Goodbye," which was the basis of one of the first film's storylines along with "That Yellow Bastard" and "The Big Fat Kill."

The sequel will also deal with "a couple of old stories and one brand-new one," Miller said. "The old ones are a couple of 'Blue Eyes' stories, and there's an 'Old Town Girls' story, and the new one features Nancy Callahan [played by Jessica Alba] in a very different, very scary role. I'm hoping we'll start in late spring. It gets pretty hot in Austin, so there might be a summer's interruption there, but both Robert and I really want to be shooting this thing as soon as possible."

Several names have been rumored to be attached including Angelina Jolie, so much so that it has been speculated that filming was delayed due to Jolie's pregnancy.

ROPEOFSILICON.com
Old 02-26-07, 08:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Great! "The Hard Goodbye" is probably longest Sin City series - cannot wait for it!
Old 03-31-07, 10:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Once Upon A Time In Sin City?

When you get that 2008 almanac for Christmas make sure you dig up a marker and pencil in “Sin City 2” on there somewhere - I know, nobody likes to taint a newly bought calendar, but believe me this thing’s sounding damn special.

According to MTV, Johnny Depp and Antonio Banderas – two old pals of Robert Rodriguez – might be reuniting with their “Once Upon A Time in Mexico” director for roles in the visually orgasmic sequel.

"[Depp] was interested in doing the Jackie Boy character that Benicio [Del Toro] played [in the first one], but he was doing that movie 'Libertine' in Europe and it just kept getting pushed and delayed and went right through our shooting schedule," Rodriquez said." "But there is a better role for him in ['Hell and Back']. I kept going, 'Gosh, Jackie Boy is a small part, he could be really good [as Wallace].' When he wasn't available, I thought maybe it was meant to be."

Wallace is a brooding artist who, due to being drugged repetitively, wanders through most of the tale – “Hell and Back” - hallucinating.

“Desperado” star Banderas is also keen to do some green-screen work.

"When I showed him the first sample of the work, he went, 'Man I'll do anything in that. I'll be the hunchback. You have to bring me onboard, that looks amazing,' " Rodriguez recalled. "So Frank met him that time too and he said, 'I have got to find something for that guy. I've never met him before. He's amazing.' [So we're] looking at the cast of characters and [looking] to see where he can fit."

MOVIEHOLE.net
Old 04-18-07, 10:35 AM

Sin City 2???

Is there any info on Sin City 2 and when it's coming out? Thanks for any help.
Old 04-18-07, 10:42 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 42 Likes on 24 Posts
Couple things I found...

http://movies.ign.com/articles/767/767766p1.html

http://www.slashfilm.com/2007/04/06/...ert-rodriguez/
Old 04-18-07, 02:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

There's a discussion somewhere in here. Try search for it.
Old 04-18-07, 02:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 732 Likes on 534 Posts
http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?t=420504
Old 04-18-07, 02:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 325 Likes on 243 Posts
Considering the failure of GRINDHOUSE, I'll be surprised if any studio ponies up the cash it's going to cost to make "Sin City 2". I think both Rodriguez and Tarantino are going to have to have sucess with a much smaller budgeted picture(s) before they get a ton of cash for a movie again. However, this IS Hollywood - I've seen crazier things happen...
Old 04-18-07, 02:54 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt
Considering the failure of GRINDHOUSE, I'll be surprised if any studio ponies up the cash it's going to cost to make "Sin City 2". I think both Rodriguez and Tarantino are going to have to have sucess with a much smaller budgeted picture(s) before they get a ton of cash for a movie again. However, this IS Hollywood - I've seen crazier things happen...
Yeah, but the first Sin City grossed over $150M worldwide (about half that in the US).
Wouldn't they look at those numbers before Grindhouse?
Old 04-18-07, 02:57 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Randy Miller III
Yeah, but the first Sin City grossed over $150M worldwide (about half that in the US).
Wouldn't they look at those numbers before Grindhouse?
Yes and Grindhouse and Sin City are two very different films. Grindhouse was destined to be a cult movie with very limited appeal from day one. Sin City has much more mainstream appeal.
Old 04-18-07, 03:45 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt
Nonsense. By the time both of the Grindhouse films are released worldwide in the theatres it will make all its cost back and then some. Not to mention on DVD it will do very well. It cost ~$53 Million to make TWO movies. The success/failure of Grindhouse will make no difference on whatever fate lies with Sin City.
Old 04-18-07, 03:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by GuruTwo
Old 04-18-07, 08:39 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Plus Sin City has Frank Miller's name on it so they can plaster 300 all over the ads.
Old 04-18-07, 10:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by GuruTwo
Originally Posted by Peep
Old 04-19-07, 12:22 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Drop
Plus Sin City has Frank Miller's name on it so they can plaster 300 all over the ads.
Because the original wasn't received well?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.