Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Anyone else have yet to see a movie released this year?

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Anyone else have yet to see a movie released this year?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-05, 02:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
so answer is, nope you're not the only one =) I only go see the must see movies, or must see IMO at least. first shall be Sin City. after that, who knows, might as well catch the last of Star Wars seeing how I saw the first 2 (and was so damn disappointed but we won't get into that). I have better hopes for it and hell I practically already watched it by viewing the spoilers page haha. Doesn't look bad but then again I'm not listening to the horrible dialogue and seeing the atrocious acting... and Jar Jar !! blargh.

but yeah I only see 2-3 movies a year nowadays, prices keep going up and dvd releases aren't far behind to those patient enough. and is it just me getting older and more mature or is the whole theater experience getting worse ?? Its obviously a given that should you go to a movie on its opening weekend at night you're going to get an obnoxious crowd but geeze, no respect today, doesn't anyone know how to keep quiet during a movie ? and cell phones ??? you almost have to wait a month or 2 after its out and go to a daytime screening to get a decent crowd.

sorry, rant mode off.
Old 03-21-05, 03:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Charlie Goose
The Ring 2 was the first time I've been to the movies in about 6 months.
Me too. A friend called me and invited me to the 10:00 AM showing on Friday. I should have kept my streak alive.
Old 03-21-05, 03:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 332 Likes on 248 Posts
The only two movies I have seen this year are SIDEWAYS and MILLION DOLLAR BABY...so since those are both 2004 releases, I have yet to see a 2005 movie - and I'm someone who generally sees 50 to 100 movies in the theater per year. And it has nothing to do with having the time...there simply hasn't been one release that I have any desire whatsoever to see! Things change on April 1st with SIN CITY!
Old 03-21-05, 03:24 PM

Received 111 Likes on 90 Posts
The only 2005 movie I've seen thus far this year is Constantine.
Old 03-21-05, 04:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts
wow, I'm really amped to see all you guys mention 'Sin City'. Looking forward to it too. I've seen a few this year (Be Cool, Hostage,) but nothing which blew me away.
I complained in a DVDTalk forum thread about how so many people publically despise Vin Diesel but yet 'The Pacifier' is making a buttload at the theatre.

Oh, thumbs up on 'Serenity' -- can't wait for that bad boy!
Old 03-21-05, 04:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Geofferson
The only 2005 movie I've seen thus far this year is Constantine.
That is what I drove to the theater for.

Later on called a friend of mine up to ask him about the movie since he lives in a crappy college town where movies are the only entertainment. I didn't want a review...I just wanted to know if it was a film I had to see on the big screen. He said no and now I'm just waiting for the DVD.
Old 03-21-05, 08:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mwj
Have not seen a movie in the theater since Return of the King.
Same here.

I just don't go out to movies that often, though I rent movies on a regular basis.
Old 03-22-05, 01:18 AM

I have a netflix subscription to keep my movie habits satisfied =) and over 150 movies in my queue. I am thinking of dropping it to start up a Nicheflix account, so many non-region 1 titles I want to check out but dont' want to spend the money on something i might not like. no way I could keep both netflix and nicheflix. plus I pick up several dvds a month as well, old and new stuff. who needs crummy theaters !??!?!
Old 03-22-05, 02:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i saw house of flying daggers in january...nothing since in theaters...since my daughter was born, it is harder to get out of the house...i still chip away at the dvd's, but it would be nice to get out...sin city, batman, and star wars are for sure...

this is bad for me, as i saw at least 2 a week last year.
Old 03-22-05, 09:41 AM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by NestoJR
I have a netflix subscription to keep my movie habits satisfied =) and over 150 movies in my queue. I am thinking of dropping it to start up a Nicheflix account, so many non-region 1 titles I want to check out but dont' want to spend the money on something i might not like. no way I could keep both netflix and nicheflix. plus I pick up several dvds a month as well, old and new stuff. who needs crummy theaters !??!?!
aw jeez you're telling me, I have subscriptions to both Netflix and Nicheflix (three film plan) and even going to the movies I am finding it very hard to juggle my time - too many movies, not enough time.
Old 03-22-05, 12:32 PM

I havent seen anything since mid-December. During winter break I probably saw 4 or 5 movies, and haven't been to the theaters since. Nothing has looked too enticing, and some titles that I'd want to see (like Melinda & Melinda) most likely aren't coming to my city...so until they do, it's DVDs for me.