Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Star Wars trailer on Thurs during The OC

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Star Wars trailer on Thurs during The OC

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-05, 11:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Dr. DVD
So will anyone you meet who says they are a fan of all six Star Wars movies be a "dork" or "nerd" in your eyes from here on out?
I don't know about "nerds" I didn't say anything about them, but if they are like some of my friends who cannot admit anything bad about anything Star Wars related, & endlessly defend the last 2 films, then yes, they will be an annoying Star Wars dork in my eyes.

Also, am I to take it that you are no longer a Star Wars fan?
No, I'll always be a fan of the original 3. I'm not a Lucas fan & the new films don't feel like Star Wars, look like Star Wars, or entertain me like Star Wars, so I'm not a fan of them.
Old 03-10-05, 11:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Wow. Just wow.
Old 03-10-05, 11:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Get Me Coffee
Liked the Trailer alot...but I'm going to have to bitch about Vader crossing his arms!!!! What the hell is that?!?!?! That's sooooo not Vader! CROSSING ARMS!?!?! What the Frigg!
It's still a young Vader though, Palpatine probably needs to whip him into a shape a little more.
Old 03-10-05, 11:59 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
but it just looks dreadful.
C'mon Sessa! With all due respect, I don't buy that at all, and I don't buy that you honestly believe that trailer looks dreadful, no matter how much you disliked the first two. Nothing in that trailer looks dreadful. Maybe you were underwhelmed, but dreadful? No way!

Personally, it doesn't bother me that you don't like the prequels or think Lucas is a no-talent hack. I can respect your opinion, even if I don't agree with it. I can empathize with you because I felt the same about the LOTR films. I found them to be as boring, tedious, and pretentious to watch as the books were to read. So I didn't even bother with ROTK, and I really wanted to enjoy the films. Fantasy and Sci-Fi are my favorite genres. Don't know how you feel about those, but I'm just trying to make a point.

I'll always be a fan of the original 3. I'm not a Lucas fan
I also don't get this either. If you liked the originals and the Indy trilogy, or even American Graffiti, how can you not be a fan of Lucas. If you like a filmmaker's work, how can you not be a fan?

Totally agreed, watched the trailer in an apartment half full of annoying Star Wars dorks.
The problem though is these people will be in a seat come May, they'll be disappointed, and then we'll have to here the whining ad nauseum for a couple of years. Not accusing you of that, but it's inevitable. Why bother with the film if they're in that boat. Makes no sense whatsoever.

I just cringe seeing Samuel Jackson & Hayden again, they are soooo bad.
I thought Same sounded good, especially considering they took 3 of his lines in the trailer completely out of context and from different scenes, and just cram them together as if it was one line. Hayden didn't sound bad at all other than his opening line. He just has that voice that some people don't like. Heck, at least he's not Orlando Bloom, who is stealing money every time he gets paid to be in a film.

Last edited by Terrell; 03-11-05 at 12:05 AM.
Old 03-11-05, 12:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 661 Likes on 458 Posts
Originally Posted by Terrell
I also don't get this either. If you liked the originals and the Indy trilogy, or even American Graffiti, how can you not be a fan of Lucas. If you like a filmmaker's work, how can you not be a fan?
It's easy, if you can seperate the artist from the work.
Old 03-11-05, 12:10 AM

It's easy, if you can seperate the artist from the work.
Still don't buy it. How do you propose to do that. If you like a filmmaker's work, don't see how you can't be a fan. I'm not talking personally. I know Lucas has pissed off all of the disgruntled fans, and I know they hate him for that. So what! But the man has done an extraordinary amount for film and for Star Wars fans. He deserves quite a bit of respect, because many of them, if not most, wouldn't be here without his films. I must admit though, everytime Lucas does something to piss of these people, it puts a smile on my face. Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if he gets a kick out of it as well.

I just wouldn't want to imagine a world without Lucas' films. So he disappointed some people with films that could never, ever have lived up to what he did 20+ years ago anyway. He's just a man. He has his good points and bad points.
Old 03-11-05, 12:15 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here's the trailer if you're interested. It's good for only 25 downloads, I think.

http://s13.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0...Q0O3ACGUPO369D
Old 03-11-05, 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by Myster X
Here's the trailer if you're interested. It's good for only 25 downloads, I think.

OMG !!! ! !!1 NICE!!!1

I got the goose bumps

Last edited by NYSoprano; 03-11-05 at 12:46 AM.
Old 03-11-05, 12:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 661 Likes on 458 Posts
Originally Posted by Terrell
Still don't buy it. How do you propose to do that. If you like a filmmaker's work, don't see how you can't be a fan.
What if you're only a fan of some of the director's/actor's work? For example, I only like one Adam Sandler movie, Happy Gilmore. Does liking that one film make me an Adam Sandler fan? I don't see the incongruity in liking a piece of work, or several works, from a person and not liking the person in general.

I'm not talking personally. I know Lucas has pissed off all of the disgruntled fans, and I know they hate him for that. So what!
So they shouldn't be labeled fans of him if they hate him.

But the man has done an extraordinary amount for film and for Star Wars fans.
Some of that good, some of that (mostly recently) awful.

He deserves quite a bit of respect, because many of them, if not most, wouldn't be here without his films.
I don't get what you're saying right here. They wouldn't be Star Wars fans? They wouldn't exist at all? What 'here' wouldn't they be at?

I must admit though, everytime Lucas does something to piss of these people, it puts a smile on my face. Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if he gets a kick out of it as well.
Right, I'm sure he's deliberately spending millions of his own money making crappy movies just to piss off some fans.

I just wouldn't want to imagine a world without Lucas' films.
Who the hell said that? I don't think anyone on this thread has brought forth the point that none of the films Lucas directed/produced should exist.

So he disappointed some people with films that could never, ever have lived up to what he did 20+ years ago anyway. He's just a man.
Especially considering that the best of "his" films were written/directed by people other than him. And I'm telling you right now that I'd be thrilled if TPM could be labeled as "disappointing," instead of being very, very bad.

I don't see why you're getting your panties in a bunch over people not liking the direction Lucas is taking the series, and holding Lucas as being responsible for the downturn, what with him being the director and producer after all. Star Wars, as good as the original trilogy was, does not give Lucas carte blanc to make crappy films.
Old 03-11-05, 12:56 AM
Banned

It's Not working!!!!!!!!! I need to see it again. Best trailer they have done for the prequals...PERIOD!

Last edited by Dalvin; 03-11-05 at 01:06 AM.
Old 03-11-05, 01:14 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Cool - Thanks a lot !
Old 03-11-05, 01:38 AM

What if you're only a fan of some of the director's/actor's work?
You can say that about any director. All directors have made films I didn't like. I don't know of a director whose films score 100% with me.

So they shouldn't be labeled fans of him if they hate him.
Then explain to me why these people go on and on and on about a filmmaker they're not a fan of. Pardon me, but aren't you the guy who started originaltrilogy.com? Maybe that's a different Jay. That forum is worse than the AICN talkbacks. My point? Okay, they're not fans of Lucas. Then why bother with a petition? Why continually talk about a filmmaker ad nauseum you're not even a fan of? Sounds like fans to me, even if disgruntled or unhappy. I'm not a fan of Tarantino, so I don't talk about him and plead with him to do what I want. Why? Because I don't care what he does.

Some of that good, some of that (mostly recently) awful.
Somthing tells me you don't have a clue what Lucas has done for the film industry. The films are just a very small part of it. Go read Skywalking, The Creative Impulse, Cinefex, or any of the other myriad of books. As for awful, that's your opinion. You speak for nobody but yourself, and just because you think one way, doesn't make it so, and vice versa.

Right, I'm sure he's deliberately spending millions of his own money making crappy movies just to piss off some fans.
Who said anything about him deliberately spending millions just to piss off fans? That's your words, not mine. All I said is it wouldn't surprise me if he gets a kick out of them being pissed off. I'm also not just talking about movies. I'm talking about changes to the originals, and not releasing the originals.

Especially considering that the best of "his" films were written/directed by people other than him.
THX-1138, American Graffiti, and Star Wars. He created, wrote, and directed all 3. Nominated twice for Best Director, and twice for Best Picture. Those are his best films. Star Wars is not even his best work according to many, though it's my favorite of his. If you go by what Irvin Kershner says, he also directed most of ROTJ along with Kershner's second unit guy, despite hiring Marquand. He also created and wrote the stories to the Indy trilogy and Willow, as well as executive produced both. So try as you might to absolve him of any credit for his films, you fail. Argument over!

And I'm telling you right now that I'd be thrilled if TPM could be labeled as "disappointing," instead of being very, very bad.
Again, your opinion, and we know what they say about those.

I don't see why you're getting your panties in a bunch
Whose got their panties in a bunch? I don't. This is a message board. This is what message boards are for.
Old 03-11-05, 01:53 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Originally Posted by Dalvin
It's Not working!!!!!!!!! I need to see it again. Best trailer they have done for the prequals...PERIOD!

tRY sOME OF DA LINKZ bRO, dEER hASH 2 B 1 dAT wROKS
Old 03-11-05, 01:56 AM
Suspended

Location: You have moved into a dark place. It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
PDTV clip with full AC3 audio:

http://www.torrentbox.com/torrents-details.php?id=12823

Gotta love the high bitrate there - the other clips I've seen were big on frame size (resolution) but had really bad bitrates, which made the picture lack definition.

I've been looking for a better rip all night and I think this is the best we'll be able to do, although I'd love for someone to prove me wrong and post a higher-def clip. This is really the kind of video you can pour over and find something new.

For instance, in previous lower-def versions I was unable to notice
Spoiler:
Vader fighting Dooku in the Emporer's throne room
. Nice.
Old 03-11-05, 02:29 AM

Can somebody upload it at yousendit, i think that's the best place to upload it, i tried downloading it several times and it always stops around 70 percent or so... thanks in advance, and how does that torrent thing work? how do u download the thingeey?

t..u..

Last edited by BenitoJuarez; 03-11-05 at 03:29 AM.
Old 03-11-05, 02:34 AM

Thank you so much!!! It looks awesome!
Old 03-11-05, 03:02 AM

I hated Episodes I and II, and can't see why anyone but hardcore Star Wars fans would like them. That being said, I think Episode III looks like it has a chance, especially if it gets a PG-13 rating and stays away from the cute-kiddie crap. I'd also like to avoid any more embarassing CGI-Yoda fight scenes this time, so we'll see.

The Darth Vader factor is really what does it for me: just having him in the movie makes it ten times better than the other prequels. I hope this one's good, but I'm not convinced it will be like some people here are.

And for the love of everything holy, stop arguing over Lucas.
Old 03-11-05, 03:20 AM

Please bear with me...I'm new to the bittorrent world

What media player do I need to play an .avi file? The one I downloaded won't work with Windows Media

Thanks in advance
Old 03-11-05, 03:42 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
why wont it work? picture not showing up? you may just need codecs.
Old 03-11-05, 03:44 AM

It tells me that there is an error downloading the codec...

not sure how to remedy that...

I already updated the media player
Old 03-11-05, 05:10 AM

I have to admit that the trailer looks absolutely awesome!

But saying that, so did the music video/trailer thing that they showed for the Phantom Menace before that came out too.

I'm a big Star Wars fan, not a die-hard or a crazy "I'm going to wait in line for 6 months" type of fan, but the original trilogy hold a very warm spot in my heart.

I didn't like Episode I at all and Episode II was very hit and miss for me. From this trailer, I'm hoping that Episode III manages to be a great movie and is able to really show how Anakin goes from Light side to Dark, the birth of the Empire, the fall of the Jedi, etc.

That being said, I'm actually not all that excited about this movie. Yes, I want to see it, and yes I'll probably see it in the first week (when it finally comes out in Japan where I'm living at the moment), but gone is the anticipation that I felt before I saw Episode I. I actually forgot that it was coming out this May, until the whole hoopla over the trailer reminded me.

If it's a good movie, I'll be very happy. If it's closer to Episodes I and II, eh, oh well. At least I have the Original Trilogy and Lord of the Rings...
Old 03-11-05, 05:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 332 Likes on 248 Posts
Some new comments from Lucas...

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire2005/index.php?id=30560
Old 03-11-05, 06:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by magicmanej
It tells me that there is an error downloading the codec...

not sure how to remedy that...

I already updated the media player
I'm sure this will help: http://www.free-codecs.com/download/...Codec_Pack.htm
Old 03-11-05, 07:23 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
Supposidly a full HD rip.

It is sooooo beautiful
Old 03-11-05, 07:36 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Turd Ferguson
GD fucking trailer ran past 8:00 PM so my DVR cut off at the end. Fuck!
Ditto Pissed at Fox right now

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.