Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

"The Motorcycle Diaries" just rolled over me like 'The Mighty One'!

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-05, 02:59 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 918 Likes on 775 Posts

wow! what an emotional movie. haven't felt emotion like that in awhile for a film. i think it hit me more because i am a teacher and love to help students and see the impact it's doing, but Bernal's "Che" showed so much emotion in those eyes when he realized the separations in the world and then the climax at
Spoiler:
the leper colony and especially that asthma fueled swim
made me well up like a baby.

he emoted so well through just his expressions and eyes it was unbelievable. and then to realize that he would become Che Guevera, even if you don't believe in what he was fighting for, you can't help but feel sympathetic to the injustice and segregation in Latin and South America (which is where most of the movie spent its' time) and truly see what sparked this revolutionary.

very good movie, very good. and don't return the DVD without seeing and hearing the real Alberto Granado talk about their adventure and his inkling of what his "Fuser" would become.
Old 02-24-05, 03:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I loved this movie...can't believe it got passed for oscar....I like the story of the pre poster boy che....they didn't get into the latter days and the revolution....just a good heart felt story. Glad you enjoyed it as well
Old 02-24-05, 03:10 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 918 Likes on 775 Posts
Originally Posted by Cameron
I loved this movie...can't believe it got passed for oscar....I like the story of the pre poster boy che....they didn't get into the latter days and the revolution....just a good heart felt story. Glad you enjoyed it as well
it wasn't nominated for "Best Foreign Picture?? that is the 3rd travesty this Oscar season.

funny, i seem to be on the buddy flicks kick with "Sideways" yesterday and now this. both very good movies!
Old 02-24-05, 03:19 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by scott1598
it wasn't nominated for "Best Foreign Picture?? that is the 3rd travesty this Oscar season.
It couldn't. Too much american financing.
Old 02-24-05, 04:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...rcycle+diaries