Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Evil Dead 4 (Army of Darkness 2?) News & rumors

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 01-26-03, 10:05 PM
0ne

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.petitiononline.com/6966696/petition.html

Gimme Some Sugar Baby.
Old 01-26-03, 10:48 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Will a petition actually help this move? I doubt it.
Old 10-12-03, 11:53 PM

Evil Dead 4 Rumor?

Sorry to add another one to the list of countless rumors.

rumor here

This is a fairly sound theory, that evil dead 4 could finally get made from the combination of ash vs freddy vs jason and Sam Raimi's ever increasing clout. I wasn't happy about the ash/jason/freddy idea but if it gets Evil Dead 4 made I'll be happy. As it's not very reliable to base one rumor off of another take this with a grain of salt.
Old 10-13-03, 12:02 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Bruce Campbell has already said countless times. If you want to see ASH back right now you will have to some how stop Spider Man 2 from being made. Evil Dead 4 is bound to happen, just down the road some time.

also heard rumors that SpiderMan 3 is already a sure thing with Sam on board as director.
Old 10-13-03, 12:31 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

If they do make it I hope it has no ties to any other series other than the first three films.
Old 10-13-03, 12:39 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Just the though of more Evil Dead dvds makes me shutter.
Old 10-13-03, 01:44 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by RyoHazuki7
Just the though of more Evil Dead dvds makes me shutter.

SHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! Anchor Bay will hear you!!

Isnt it true that if you get water on an Evil Dead DVD or feed it after midnight that like, 6 more will spawn from the orginal?
Old 10-13-03, 02:39 AM
Cool New Member

from what i heard that Sam Raimi is considering to direct the third spider-man movie, if he does we might not see evil dead 4 until 2009 if that
Old 10-13-03, 08:57 AM

i'm just happy its a possibility and he hasn't forgotten about it completely. this is the first possitive news that we've had in a long time.
Old 02-04-05, 05:41 AM

Evil Dead 4 News

http://bloody-disgusting.com/index.p...plate=newsfull

"However, Raimi will be directing and producing Evil Dead 4, which will star Bruce Campbell as ASH and will also have many of the actors from the previous Evil Dead movies. Raimi says that "This is the project I really want to make. The remake can belong to someone else, but part 4 will be a continuation of the original".

Ted and Sam Raimi have begun writing Part 4, and will be developing it for production later this year. Bruce Campbell and Tapert will both be involved... "

UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-04-05, 06:34 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Smells like BS to me.
Old 02-04-05, 06:49 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

If this is real, then cool, but I am with Lara Means on this one...smells like BS.
Old 02-04-05, 07:03 AM

http://comingsoon.net/news/topnews.php?id=8225

CS: Would remaking it seal the doors for a part four? Wouldn't Evil Dead IV confuse people then?

Raimi: Oh, I think the fans are really smart. I don't think they'd be confused. I'd like to make a part four. There's this very small audience for Evil Dead IV, and if we ever make a movie called Evil Dead IV, which I'd like to make with Rob at some point and starring Bruce Campbell, I'm not saying there's a million people, but there's 100,000 people that will know exactly what it is and that's about as big as the crowd is, honestly. It's not a giant crowd. They're a great crowd.

Tapert: And you might have to call it Army of Darkness II oddly enough because only the fans really knew that that was Evil Dead III. Even the people at Universal Home Video called us up one time and said, "We want to do a direct to video Army of Darkness II because that's a really good title." We said, "No, that's really Evil Dead III." They said, "Oh, well, we don't care about that Evil Dead stuff but the Army of Darkness was really good." They're totally confused.

CS: Will Bruce be involved?

Raimi: Evil Dead IV would just be made with Bruce, but if we make a new Evil Dead movie, which we're hoping to produce, Rob and I would try to get a young director with brand new ideas with his own cast and his own take on the thing.

CS: No Bruce cameo?

Raimi: I don't know.

Tapert: Bruce has said no. He said he'd rather wait and do something else rather than strictly playing a cameo.

CS: What are his feelings on the remake talk?

Tapert: The only thing that Bruce has asked is that nobody is called Ash. He wants to sit on that name.
Old 02-04-05, 08:00 AM

Please let this happen. This might be the last truly visually wacked out Sam Raimi movie we ever get (the surgery scene in Spiderman 2 did bring back memories). Seeing as Spiderman 3 isn't supposed to come out until 2007, I think that gives him plenty of time to squeeze in an Evil Dead movie, and he has enough clout now that he probably could make the thing at a decent budget.
Old 02-04-05, 12:50 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Originally Posted by Catch 21
Tapert: The only thing that Bruce has asked is that nobody is called Ash. He wants to sit on that name.
thank God!
Old 02-04-05, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

ED4? I'll believe it when I read it on www.bruce-campbell.com, even though it's not updated that regularly.

And good news about the name of "Ash" not being used for the remake. It makes it a lot less painful for us die-hard ED fans.
Old 02-04-05, 02:13 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

God I hope so. I think his 100,000 estimate might be low balling it a little though.

Nonetheless, glad to hear about the Ash name being held back. I can live with an Evil Dead remake, since basically it'll just be simlar in concept and just stealing the name. But if they go note for note, it wont' work. And Ash...no, you can't recreate Ash. Ash is Bruce Campbell, and Bruce Campbell is Ash, period.
Old 02-04-05, 03:44 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Bruce was dead set against a remake. He pointed out what the internet message boards were saying when news first was going around the camp fire and was trying to convience sam to not do it. But shit, if it helps make ED4 happen, I'm all for it.
Old 02-04-05, 04:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Almost too good to be true, so I'll belieive if when it starts actually happening.

With Bruce owing is entire career & fanbase to the role of Ash, & all of the years of speculation about a possible return, with Raimi at the helm you know that Bruce will give an absolutely iconic performance.
Old 02-04-05, 08:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Jackskeleton
Bruce was dead set against a remake. He pointed out what the internet message boards were saying when news first was going around the camp fire and was trying to convience sam to not do it. But shit, if it helps make ED4 happen, I'm all for it.
Couldn't agree with you more. I doubt I'd go see an ED remake but if this gets Raimi and Tapert the greenlight for ED IV than so be it. The original ending just left us all wanting more, scrap the S-Mart ending. Start the next one off with Rip Van Ash coming out of the cave like a raving lune and let the fun begin.

P.S: Don't bitch about spoilers because if you're reading this thread you should know about both endings.
Old 02-04-05, 08:43 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I agree, if an Evil Dead remake means I get Evil Dead 4, then fuck yeah. (Though, let's be honest, post Spiderman Raimi could get a moderate budget to direct an Evil Dead 4 with or without a remake. A remake would just give ED4 more marketability).

But, please, I do hope they take Campbell's suggestion to not redo the Ash character. An Evil Dead remake based in premise alone could be an amusing film. Having someone try to mimic Ash, though, I can't imagine working at all. Campbell owns that role, leave it to him. I'd rather them just name the character Stifler. I'll call him that anyway.
Old 02-04-05, 08:56 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Even with the S-mart ending it could work. Any true blooded Evil Dead fan is doing him/herself a deservice if they aren't buying "Ashes to ashes" and "shop till you drop" Army of darkness comics.
Old 02-04-05, 09:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Jackskeleton
Even with the S-mart ending it could work. Any true blooded Evil Dead fan is doing him/herself a deservice if they aren't buying "Ashes to ashes" and "shop till you drop" Army of darkness comics.
Picked up the collection a couple weeks ago, great stuff
Old 02-05-05, 05:04 AM
Banned

Old 02-06-05, 12:31 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

As with everyone here I'd LOVE to see it happen and won't buy it is happening until they start filming.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.