Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Nicole Kidman is in everything!!!!

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Nicole Kidman is in everything!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-05, 08:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Not my bed.

Yet.
Old 01-04-05, 11:29 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jaeufraser
Nicole wasn't just a possible lead, she actually was the lead. She even shot for a week or so, but then broke her ankle or something, leading to the quick Foster replacement.
I think Panic Room would have been stronger with Nicole in the lead. Jodie is great, but she has a "tough" demeanor about her. Maybe it's the roles, maybe it's the buff bod, but it was hard to ever think of her character as being in too much trouble in Panic Room because of this. A fraile lil thang like a character Nicole would have personified would have made the heroics in the film a bit more impressive. IMHO

And I'm a fan of Nicole as well. To me, she is a throwback to the old 40's starletts. When she walks down the Red Carpet she has an aire about her that many other actress do not.

Now if I can just get my hands on some of the current Channel No 5 P.O.P....that shot of her looking over her shoulder.... Kills me everytime I see it!
Old 01-04-05, 01:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
By the way - I hope there are more movies than just these coming out this year -
American Darlings (2005) (pre-production)
Emma's War (2005) (pre-production)
Bewitched (2005) (post-production)
The Interpreter (2005) (post-production)
Because otherwise that would suck.
Old 01-04-05, 06:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am a Nicole Kidman fan and it does seem like she is in every movie. But for her this is great. She has the star power to look at the scripts first and overall have more choices. From her resume she has done movie that people like or hate and are all different. I like her as an actress she never does the same roles over and over like other actress.
Old 01-04-05, 06:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm with Jack and Sessa17. Bring on more Kidman.
Old 01-05-05, 12:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
It's a nice chunk of movies to be sure, but it's also not really that many. If you look at it per year it goes like this:

2001 - Moulin Rouge and The Others. Two good movies where she was the lead. Birthday Girl was and older movie which was delayed. So it wasn't exactly done at the same time.

2002 - The Hours. One movie, and her role isn't even that big in it. It's basically an ensemble film. She pulled out of Panic Room and her voice credit is virtually no work.

2003 - Dogville, Cold Mountain, The Human Stain - three movies and three major roles. Although both the Human stain and Dogville were smaller films, especially Dogville. I'm not sure of the shooting times, but I suspect they were shorter.

2004 - Stepford Wives and Birth. Birth being another smaller film

After that it's a bit speculative. We'll have to see how much actually comes out and when. But is an average of two movies a year that odd for a big star? What about someone like say Angelina Jolie. Look at her last few years:

1999 (3 films) - Pushing Tin, Bone Collector, Girl, Interrupted
2000 (1 film) - Gone in 60 Seconds
2001 (2 films) - Tomb Raider, Original Sin
2002 (1 film) - Life or Something Like it
2003 (2 films) - Tomb Raider 2, Beyond Borders
2004 (4 films) - Taking Lives, Alexander, Sky Captain, and a voice in Sharkstale