Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Anyone standing in line for Star Wars yet?

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Anyone standing in line for Star Wars yet?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-04, 02:12 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When the tickets for Ep I went on sale I took the day off with a friend of mine and we got there about 7 in the morning (tickets went on sale at 3 in the afternoon).

I was actually kind of fun, the news was there, a few restaurants brought food (there was about 100 - 200 people there). We stood around with all the other Star Wars geeks (where we discussed the Matrix all day). Then we got our tickets for opening day.

For Ep II a co-worker and myself went to the theater during lunch, walked in, walked out in 15 mins.

I'm a mother/wife/geek. So what.
Old 01-18-05, 07:39 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Don't know if this has been posted yet:

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire2005/i...ory=0&id=30205

Episode III Fan Already In Line

Seattle Star Wars fan Jeff Tweiten has already set up camp in line for the upcoming Star Wars: Episode III—Revenge of the Sith at the Cinerama theater in this Northwest city, even though the movie doesn't open until May 19. And he's chronicling his wait on a blog, the Seattle Post-Intelligencer reported.

"I think Star Wars is the quintessential modern myth," Tweiten told the newspaper. "It's the hero story, the breaking away from home and family and proving yourself in the world."

Tweiten is a 27-year-old graphic artist who grew up on Bainbridge Island and attended the Art Institute of Seattle. Before moving to the street, he lived in a Belltown apartment. To make ends meet, he also makes ceramic raku masks, plays poker and picks up occasional odd jobs.

His friends bring him changes of clothes, snacks and their company. Nearby businesses offer a bathroom, a shower or a warm cup of coffee. Passersby might laugh in amusement, shake their heads in wonder or strike up a conversation, the newspaper reported.

"It's about freedom," Tweiten said about his decision to camp out. "To me, it's exercising my right as an American to do what I want to do, without hurting anybody."
Old 01-18-05, 09:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A Three Page Thread at DVDTALK.COM about people in line for Star Wars Revenge of the Sith in Movie Talk

I see a merge coming on

Last edited by Cameron; 01-18-05 at 09:41 PM.
Old 01-19-05, 12:43 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by DVD-ho78(DTS)
Before moving to the street, he lived in a Belltown apartment.
That's about the funniest thing I've read all week.

"It's about freedom," Tweiten said about his decision to camp out. "To me, it's exercising my right as an American to do what I want to do, without hurting anybody."
Then I read that.
Old 01-19-05, 01:15 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Now, I'll defend the rights of Star Wars fans to get into line to celebrate and enjoy something they love. But for the life of me I can't understand sitting alone in line for months waiting for a movie, by yourself. That's really strange. I guess he just really wanted to be on tv.
Old 01-19-05, 07:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: (formerly known as Inglenook Hampendick) Fairbanks, Alaska!
Received 513 Likes on 353 Posts
I will just get my tix online and go see it on a weekday.

I'm a big fan, as is my wife (I met her at Celebration 2. Celebration 3 is only a coupla months away!).
Old 01-19-05, 08:03 AM
Banned

I'll be there all day May 18 and all day May 19. w00t
Old 01-19-05, 11:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 216 Likes on 155 Posts
Episode III Fan Already In Line
Just saw the newsreport on this guy...Man, he's already looking pretty scraggly.
Old 01-19-05, 11:40 AM
Fok
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Oh well, it doesn't hurt anyone and it's probably a cool experience, but I wouldn't do it.....I've got bills to pay