DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   Anyone standing in line for Star Wars yet? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/397971-anyone-standing-line-star-wars-yet.html)

marioxb 11-29-04 07:38 AM

Anyone standing in line for Star Wars yet?

Remember when Episode I came out? Weren't people standing in line for like a year or something? That's insane. I just went to the theater the day it came out and walked right in and bought a ticket. And loved the movie by the way, even Jar Jar.

Maxflier 11-29-04 08:21 AM

I'm in line right now.Thank God for wireless internet!

cactusoly 11-29-04 08:45 AM

I'm one of the biggest Star Wars fans there is, but I have a job and a wife and have no time (or ambition) to wait in line 6 months. I'll just show up at midnight for the 1st show.

marioxb 11-29-04 08:51 AM

Same here. I'm a huge Star Wars fan (though I don't read books, any books that is) and I would never stand in line for more than a few hours for ANYTHING. Well, maybe if they were handing out free feraris with naked chicks in them... I'm just curious if anyone (including non-DVDtalkers) is standing in line anywhere to see this movie.

resinrats 11-29-04 08:57 AM

Was there a line for Ep.2? I did see lines forming the day before it opened (it opned at 12:01 am the next day) but nothing before.

marioxb 11-29-04 09:08 AM

Originally posted by resinrats
Was there a line for Ep.2? I did see lines forming the day before it opened (it opned at 12:01 am the next day) but nothing before.
Good question. I'm curious of that as well. I was actually in LA in 99 for the E3 (which I'm actually wearing a t-shirt from right now) with a couple of friends and we saw some people in line all the way down the street from the Chinese Theater.

Groucho 11-29-04 09:15 AM

The only line I need is ON-line. www.fandango.com

It'll be pretty funny when the people who have been camped out get to the window and find that the show has been sold out for weeks.

Lara Means 11-29-04 10:16 AM

Re: Anyone standing in line for Star Wars yet?

Originally posted by marioxb
Remember when Episode I came out? Weren't people standing in line for like a year or something? That's insane. I just went to the theater the day it came out and walked right in and bought a ticket. And loved the movie by the way, even Jar Jar.
http://pic6.picturetrail.com/VOL174/...7/56897729.jpg

Shannon Nutt 11-29-04 11:22 AM

Originally posted by cactusoly
I'm one of the biggest Star Wars fans there is, but I have a job and a wife
Isn't this a contradiction in terms? :)

Jackskeleton 11-29-04 11:25 AM

there was a line for episode II and counting down will of course do the line for episode III. One or two members here were actually in the line, as I remember. It's a bit more than just waiting for a movie, it's the experience of sharing it with those who enjoy the same thing you do... Star Wars.

Numanoid 11-29-04 12:16 PM

Of course there will be lines, this is the one chance these people have to experience any kind of social activity...or daylight for that matter. :D

majorjoe23 11-29-04 12:27 PM

Re: Re: Anyone standing in line for Star Wars yet?

It's always a pleasure.

Kal-El 11-29-04 12:32 PM

Actually countingdown didn't supervise the Ep2 line. liningup.net did and I'm sure they will for Sith. They usually start it a month before so I'm guessing sometime in April.

Fok 11-29-04 01:57 PM

I love SW films as any other fan. But standing in line for a year is f**king going over board.

Fielding Mellish 11-29-04 02:02 PM

I'm one step ahead of that.

I've already asked for a refund.

Dead 11-29-04 02:43 PM

Re: Re: Anyone standing in line for Star Wars yet?

Lara Means, threadcrapping is against forum rules. If you aren't interested in the thread, then just don't post in it.

Groucho 11-29-04 02:59 PM

Originally posted by Fielding Mellish

Line is even longer for that. ;)

matome 11-29-04 03:39 PM

rotfl

The Valeyard 11-29-04 04:52 PM

Originally posted by Fielding Mellish

:thumbsup:

chanster 11-29-04 08:00 PM

Those fools were outside the place I worked in Chicago (McClurg). Its kinda interesting for like maybe 10 minutes, but when they were out there for 2-3 weeks, well some of them started looking really nasty.

Mountain Biker 11-29-04 08:36 PM

Originally posted by Numanoid
Of course there will be lines, this is the one chance these people have to experience any kind of social activity...or daylight for that matter. :D
:lol: Ouch

Darkfriend 11-29-04 10:13 PM

I remember for Episode 1, there was a story on the news in Montreal about people with sleeping bags waiting a week in advance etc...

I thought it would be 2 weeks before I could see the movie without the big crowds, but the day after the premiere I was shopping downtown with a friend and we took a chance. There was nobody waiting, just 4 or 5 guys heh.

Star Wars Guy 11-30-04 07:28 AM

Even I wouldn't stand in line for more than 30 minutes to see ANY movie. Living in Central Illinois has it's advantages...no huge lines for movies.

MasterofDVD 11-30-04 01:21 PM

I waited in line for a day and a half to get tickets to Episode 1. Didn't wait at all for Episode 2 tickets but that wasn't based on my thoughts about it or the first movie.

If I have someone with me to wait in line this time around I'd probably be willing to wait about 48 hours in line. I just don't think any of my buddies up here would be willing to wait like my friends in Florida did for Episode 1.

Giles 11-30-04 01:27 PM

the best nights to see movies with few people are the last shows on Sunday and Monday night (just a FYI :) )