Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Please rate LOTR....

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters
View Poll Results: vote your Fav LoTr....
The Fellowship of the Ring
38.06%
The Return of the King
31.34%
The Two Towers
17.16%
Big Fish
13.43%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Please rate LOTR....

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-04, 01:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I haven't seen ROTK yet so I can't vote. I've been waiting for the EE. its killing me. lol
Old 10-17-04, 01:35 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Please rate LOTR....

Originally posted by tommy28
Please rate which Lord of the Ring movie is best...i saw the first,but not 2 or 3....
What's the hold up with the other 2?
Old 10-17-04, 08:21 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 45 Likes on 26 Posts
As far as I'm concerned, until December, I still haven't seen ROTK and neither has anyone else here.
Old 10-17-04, 10:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'm really suprised by all who have said FOTR is the best. Not that I disagree, I think it was the best by far. But when ROTK came out it seemed like everyone in that forum thought it was the best film to ever be released.
Old 10-17-04, 11:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Originally posted by caligulathegod
As far as I'm concerned, until December, I still haven't seen ROTK and neither has anyone else here.
I don't care how much footage is added back in, the ROTK-EE will still be nowhere near as great as FOTR or TTT.
Old 10-18-04, 01:58 AM
Banned

Originally posted by B.A.
I don't care how much footage is added back in, the ROTK-EE will still be nowhere near as great as FOTR or TTT.

Even with this re-included?

"Elessar, it takes more than a sword to make a King!"

probably my fave part of the book, such a memorably arrogant display of evil. Can't wait to see it.
Old 10-18-04, 08:32 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by Rivero
Even with this re-included?

"Elessar, it takes more than a sword to make a King!"

probably my fave part of the book, such a memorably arrogant display of evil. Can't wait to see it.
Unfortunately, yes.
Old 10-19-04, 05:09 AM

Regardless, the film is incomplete and severely compromised, and as such cannot be judged against the others.
Old 10-19-04, 05:19 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Originally posted by caligulathegod
Regardless, the film is incomplete and severely compromised, and as such cannot be judged against the others.
What do you mean Incomplete? It's not like the Theater version doesn't hold its own and couldn't be judged by itself. Some of you act as if the EE's are the only true versions when Peter Jackson stated that they were just mainly for the fans and that the theater versions stand up on their own.
Old 10-19-04, 06:02 AM

Still, how can that be judged until it is seen in its most complete form? They might be watchable in their theatrical forms, but the EE's come closer to telling the story without the compromises. ROTK, most especially, was severely truncated to fit into a theatrical format. These films are unique in that they were conceived in these two different forms. One for the limitations of the theater and another without. Until we've seen the total film, I don't believe it's fair to rank them yet.
Old 10-19-04, 07:42 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by Jackskeleton
What do you mean Incomplete? It's not like the Theater version doesn't hold its own and couldn't be judged by itself. Some of you act as if the EE's are the only true versions when Peter Jackson stated that they were just mainly for the fans and that the theater versions stand up on their own.

caliguathegod - I know I am one of the few (around here anyway) who was utterly disappointed by the third film. I absolutely love the first two movies and it doesn't matter what is added in for the Extended Edition, it will not approach the greatness that the first two achieved in their Theatrical or Extended Editions, imo.
Old 10-19-04, 08:21 AM

caliguathegod - I know I am one of the few (around here anyway) who was utterly disappointed by the third film. I absolutely love the first two movies and it doesn't matter what is added in for the Extended Edition, it will not approach the greatness that the first two achieved in their Theatrical or Extended Editions, imo.
Probably not, but it's still an assumption. I know I was blown away by how much FOTR was improved by the added content. I just think that until we actually see the final one with almost a full quarter of its running time added to it, it's not fair to rank it yet. FOTR seemed like a big chase film until the EE, where it became more character oriented. I'm sure that will be the case with ROTK.

http://www.lordoftherings.net/
has a sneak preview of the new footage.
Old 10-19-04, 10:18 AM

Twikoff = Big Fish?
Old 10-19-04, 01:40 PM
Banned

So certain are you? Always with you it cannot be done.
Old 10-19-04, 03:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by Rivero
So certain are you? Always with you it cannot be done.
The sneak peek of the EE did give me some goose bumps, so there is always hope (however minute that may be).
Old 10-19-04, 03:14 PM

I rank them all as four star movies. I thought the LOTR movies got better each time, so I would rank them:
1 - ROTK
2 - TT
3 - FOTR
Old 10-19-04, 10:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by custom001
Twikoff = Big Fish?
If that helps you.
Old 10-19-04, 11:44 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I was annoyed when after each one a friend kept proclaiming it was better than the last. Then again he is the same friend who proclaims SW:TPM as the best SW film until after AOTC, which in turn was then labeled the best. He is really smart too, which has given me a bald spot from scratching my head.

I thought FOTR was the most complete self inclusive movie of the three in the theatrical versions, and I though it's EE was better than the TT EE. I guess it remains to be seen whether the ROTK EE changes my opinion.