Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Are you looking forward to the Incredibles? / One and only (Merged)

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Are you looking forward to the Incredibles? / One and only (Merged)

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-03, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by White Knight
Is this Pixars last Disney movie? (if they don't re-sign...which I don't think they will do)
Nope there's one more coming after called Cars, and I think they WILL re-sign a contract with Disney. Contrary to what Steve Jobs has up his ass, the remaining Pixar crew enjoy thier relationship with the mouse.
Old 06-04-03, 12:37 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
I get the same plugin error.
Old 06-04-03, 02:10 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by pixyboi
Nope there's one more coming after called Cars, and I think they WILL re-sign a contract with Disney. Contrary to what Steve Jobs has up his ass, the remaining Pixar crew enjoy thier relationship with the mouse.
I agree with you. Pixar and Disney have an excellent relationship. However, I’m thinking dollars and cents here. One of the reasons you sign a partnership with another larger company is to gain more flexible capital and to spread the risk. In Pixar case they have nailed every movie. Their risk is relatively low…they proven themselves. Plus now they have capital. So why would they need a middle man err ‘mouse’? Unless Disney offers a fantastic deal to them I would expect them to go independent.

CNNmoney
It was the fifth consecutive box-office hit for Disney and Pixar, whose future partnership is the subject of talks between both sides as Pixar seeks more favorable financial terms for a renewed deal that would continue beyond the release of "Cars", due in 2006.
"We have a very good relationship with Pixar," Eisner said. "I think we have a better relationship today than we had on Friday ... I suspect we will change the kind of relationship we have with Pixar, but I am fairly confident that we will continue to be in business with Pixar. I am not sure."

As you can tell it’s on Disney mind what Pixar will do. They are offering a ‘more favorable financial terms”
It will be interesting…
Old 06-04-03, 07:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 450 Posts
Originally posted by bdshort
When I try to save the direct link, I get a message saying IE couldnt open that internet site.
Right-click on the direct link, then choose "Save Target As...."

It looks like the old direct link is defunct, probably due to overwhelming demand. Here's a new link that should work:

http://a672.g.akamai.net/5/672/51/41...les_m4.480.mov
Old 06-04-03, 08:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I kind of think of it more like this.. Pixar will do what they can to keep a relationship with Disney for one reason (among others..): and that is unstoppable marketing. Nobody is going to be able to do what Disney can do with thier movies in sheer number of ads they can push and toys they can make. Everywhere you go you're going to see Finding Nemo stuff.. everywhere. Nobody else can do that, and that's a fact.
Old 06-04-03, 08:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jay G.: I know how to save a link... I tried the one you posted, still no luck. I was able to view it through Pixars site though. VERY funny! Too bad it's a year and a half away
Old 06-04-03, 08:44 PM

http://bvim-qt.vitalstream.com/TheIn...rsion_1500.mov is another link
Old 06-04-03, 08:58 PM

That's bdshorts for the link. That movie looks to be hilarious!
Old 06-04-03, 10:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally posted by White Knight
I agree with you. Pixar and Disney have an excellent relationship. However, I’m thinking dollars and cents here. One of the reasons you sign a partnership with another larger company is to gain more flexible capital and to spread the risk. In Pixar case they have nailed every movie. Their risk is relatively low…they proven themselves. Plus now they have capital. So why would they need a middle man err ‘mouse’? Unless Disney offers a fantastic deal to them I would expect them to go independent.
I don't know too much about distribution, but I imagine it's not too easy for an independent to do that. Disney offers that to Pixar, much like Fox offers that to Lucas. Plus the Disney label is worth something. I don't know if Disney will actually be able to make money of the new deal (might just be enough to cover distribution), but Pixar will likely stay with Disney.
Old 10-01-03, 01:28 PM

Originally posted by PixyJunket
Enjoy!

Pixar's 2006 Project is Ratatouille Source: Los Angeles Times Wednesday, October 1, 2003

A new Los Angeles Times article has revealed the name of the new Pixar film scheduled for 2006. The article discusses the ongoing talks between Disney and Pixar about a new distribution deal.

After delivering "Finding Nemo" to Disney this spring, Jobs was contractually free to enter into a new distribution arrangement with another studio, although any new deal wouldn't take effect until after the release of "Cars" in 2005. The huge success of "Nemo" -- it has taken in $334 million at the U.S. box office and become the highest-grossing animated film in history -- only boosted a bargaining position that was already strong.

Flush with cash, Pixar last February approved production on what is intended to become the first movie outside the existing Disney deal. Jobs has tried to keep details of this so-called "Project 2006" under wraps, though details have leaked in various news reports.

The new film has been said to be about a rat named "Ratatouille," who lives in a fancy Parisian restaurant. The picture is being directed by Jan Pinkava, who made Pixar's 1998 Oscar-winning short, "Geri's Game."

Pixar will be sole owner of "Ratatouille," and which studio serves it to the marketplace remains to be seen.
Old 05-14-04, 12:31 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
New Trailer for Pixar's Incredibles!

Linky
Old 05-14-04, 12:42 AM
Suspended

Whee! can't wait I didn't know Samuel L Jackson was in it
Old 05-14-04, 12:46 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Damn. Looks like those waiting for Pixar's first flop are gonna wait a wee bit longer.
Old 05-14-04, 12:49 AM
Suspended

Well Jason Lee is in it, he's box office poison. But I still like him.
Old 05-14-04, 01:05 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Old 05-14-04, 03:04 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Looks great, like everything else Pixar does. Can't wait for this one.
Old 05-14-04, 04:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 325 Likes on 243 Posts
This isn't a new trailer - it's been out since last fall. (Well, they may have added the release date, but that's it). But I am looking forward to this film.
Old 05-14-04, 05:20 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Uh, not it isnt, all that was released before was the main hero fitting into his tights.
Old 05-14-04, 05:21 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Looks a like a higher budget version of The Specials.(which was a good movie itself)

D
Old 05-14-04, 07:26 AM

So Pixar lists Toy Story, Monster's Inc., and Finding Nemo in the opening with no love for A Bug's Life?
Old 05-14-04, 07:34 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
HOT!!! I can't wait for this movie.
Old 05-14-04, 08:12 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I said the same thing silentbob007
Old 05-14-04, 08:31 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Its good to see a CGI movie that isn't a buddy road movie.
Old 05-14-04, 10:00 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I was disappointed with the script/story of Finding Nemo (animation was amazing as always with Pixar), but this looks very funny. Can't wait for Incredibles!
Old 05-14-04, 10:00 AM

This run Pixar is on is truly amazing, dare I say "incredible"

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.