Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Are you looking forward to the Incredibles? / One and only (Merged)

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Are you looking forward to the Incredibles? / One and only (Merged)

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-04, 03:35 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Saw it tonight and really enjoyed it. I'll definitely have to go again when there are less kids around. It felt a lot different than the other Pixar flicks. It's a lot more character centered than plot centered (it even takes awhile for the main "plot" to get going). A big thumbs up to Pixar on another winner. I do have to agree that it's probably the most "adult" film that Pixar has done.

Brian
Old 11-06-04, 05:31 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ah, that's a shame. I wonder if Pixar is going to pull a movie like it did with Monsters inc. where they latch on deleted scenes at the end a few weeks later. I'm game to rewatch it. One hell of a good movie.

Now anyone want to speculate what the baby's powers were exactly? he turned to metal and then flames and then to a bigger monster. shape shifting?
Old 11-06-04, 06:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
Originally posted by Jackskeleton
Now anyone want to speculate what the baby's powers were exactly? he turned to metal and then flames and then to a bigger monster. shape shifting?
That's my guess too. The scene
Spoiler:
with Elastigirl listening to the babysitter phone messages was hilarious especially the last one.
Old 11-06-04, 06:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
Originally posted by silentbob007
Look at Shark Tale for an example of a story slapped together to accomodate voices (from the cast and horrible, horrible trailer). I love that Pixar is story first.
I know this is a late response for this post but I couldn't agree more with you on this issue.

When I first saw the trailer of "Shark Tale", I was instantly bothered by the fact that they were hyping "Will Smith", "Angelina Jolie", Renee Zellwegger" and "Robert DeNiro" instead of the actual movie.
Old 11-06-04, 08:05 AM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 923 Likes on 776 Posts
Originally posted by BrentLumkin
It's pretty rare for me to not want a film to end. The only times that happens with me is when it's something I just fall totally into, and this one did it for me.

When I noticed the end was coming up, it had to drag me kicking and screaming, heh. I felt like a kid in a candy store whose mom was yanking them by the arm pulling them out away from the sweets.
Agreed! I couldn't believe the runtime was so long for animation. It is rare to see more than 80 or 90 minutes and when you have nearly 100 minutes of great stuff...it transcends this movie to a slightly higher level than the typical animation fare.

This is much more of a theatrical release than many live-action releases that have come about the past few years.
Old 11-06-04, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I saw this yesterday and I loved it. This movie had a different feel than all the previous films by Pixar. Toy Story - Nemo were all excellent, but when I watched them, they seemed like they were created for kids, but interesting enough for adults to watch. However, The Incredibles actually seems like it was created with adults in mind, but cool enough to appeal to kids.

I loved everything Pixar has put out so far, and I went in to this one with high expectations, hoping not to be disappointed. As it turns out, this might turn out to be my favorite Pixar film yet. I can't wait to watch it again. The only thing that kills me is that
Spoiler:
it leaves you wanting more, especially with the ending. You want to see another amazing fight, and the introduction of the mole man at the end can totally set up a sequel, but since Pixar only has one Disney film left, and I assume Disney owns the rights to The Incredibles, we won't get a sequel.

One more thing... Frozone rules!
Old 11-06-04, 11:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by PopcornTreeCt
I'll wait for Pixyjunket's review.
Heh, any reason why?
Old 11-06-04, 03:00 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
set up a sequel, but since Pixar only has one Disney film left, and I assume Disney owns the rights to The Incredibles, we won't get a sequel.

Well I'm hoping that once Michael Eisner is out Pixar will again open talks for a deal with Disney. Or else we'll just have to deal with a Disney straight to video 2-d animation sequel will just fail when compared to this film.
Old 11-06-04, 04:48 PM

What an excellent film. I loved the design, the characters, and the critique of conformity. Always fun to see an animated movie in scope, too.
Old 11-06-04, 04:57 PM

Originally posted by PixyJunket
Heh, any reason why?
I guess you are the foremost authority on CGI characters.
Old 11-06-04, 05:05 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Great movie, very fun for adults and kids alike. Several laugh out loud moments and good action as well. I cant think of anything about the movie that I didn't like.
Old 11-06-04, 05:10 PM

I think the only complaint I had when watching was that I thought there wasn't enough color. Perhaps the theater I went to had a darker reel, but I thought the colors were a bit dull. I was expecting a little more vibrance and the color to shoot off the screen.

Anyone else feel that way about the color?
Old 11-06-04, 05:13 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Just wanted to jump in and say the family and I went to see it yesterday and it far exceeded my expectations, which had been tempered by the weak (IMHO) trailers. It was very good.

4/5
Old 11-06-04, 05:18 PM

This just in...according to Friday estimates, "The Incredibles" took in nearly $21 million yesterday. That seems low to me, still strong, but low, I wanted much more...
Old 11-06-04, 05:25 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

It's a bit more than what Finding nemo got in it's friday numbers. You have to consider that it's really just a half day of sales since kids get out of school after 3. Saturdays and sundays numbers will be huger when you have the whole days worth of tickets sales to count.

p.s. I like the other thread more.
Old 11-06-04, 05:50 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Anyone spot the pizza planet van?
Old 11-06-04, 05:52 PM
Li

Loved this movie! I saw it at 10:45 and was amazed that most of the people in the packed theater were adults!

The only thing I didn't like was that short film at the beginning. Ugg...

I tried to get my mother to go with my sister to see it but she kept saying "I don't feel like sitting through a cartoon" even though I told her it was so much more than a typical "cartoon". She just wouldn't hear it.
Old 11-06-04, 06:33 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

The teaser for Cars was a little bit of an up in the air feeling. Then again, that has been Pixars weakest point. Teaser and trailers. They never really had a great trailer for their films and I still love them.

The teaser made it seem like it was just a nascar driven film. Reading more about it, it describes it as a bunch of classic cars going through route 66. That would be a lot more entertaining.

Now the real question is the future of Pixar. They will want to strike a deal with another studio.Time Warner, Sony and Fox all look to want to make some sort of deal to distribute their films.
Old 11-06-04, 06:40 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Good movie, but thought it was a bit slow and wasn't really that funny.

3.5 / 5
Old 11-06-04, 06:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I think the first hour of the film stumbles a bit, more along the lines of "is there a good payoff for this detour?" and then when you get there, there isn't a truly interesting payoff for that arc, especially when the big bad is pretty much telegraphed, and the villainous actions just compels the retired heroes into protective mode for their family members. But, the 2nd hour offers much more in terms of super-powers on display and it's fun to watch because it's full-tilt action and spectacle. I think there's about 10 minutes that could have been pruned from this film and still have the core story be just as fun to watch.

I give it 3 stars, or a grade of B.
Old 11-06-04, 07:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Timmio
I'll be there all weekend probably.

By the way here is an article about "Cars"
(minor spoilers)
Cars Article

I thought Pixar signed up for only 5 movies:
Toy Story, Bugs Life, Monster Inc, Finding Nemo and The Incredibles was going to be the last one.

Was Cars thrown in at another time?
Old 11-06-04, 07:10 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I got a big " The Watchmen" vibe from the film. Which was a good thing since I enjoyed the comic a great deal. Even the story arc was a little like it with the faking of an attack.
Old 11-06-04, 07:11 PM

I got that too, it was like "Watchmen" for tweens.
Old 11-06-04, 07:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Iron_Giant
I thought Pixar signed up for only 5 movies:
Toy Story, Bugs Life, Monster Inc, Finding Nemo and The Incredibles was going to be the last one.

Was Cars thrown in at another time?
Found my own answer:

They produced Toy Story 1st, then signed the 5 picture deal.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...UGJ73H8B91.DTL
...Then in 1995, the partnership produced its first feature-length movie, "Toy Story," which brought in $358 million worldwide. Two years later, the companies signed a five-picture pact that has been profitable for both, generating more than $2 billion in revenue worldwide.

Pixar has already delivered "Nemo," "A Bug's Life" and "Monsters, Inc." and is scheduled to release "The Incredibles'' in late 2004 and "The Cars" in 2005.
Old 11-06-04, 07:25 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

And the first post disney deal is Ratatouille about a rat in an upscale Parisian restaurant run by an eccentric chef

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.