Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Fahrenheit 9/11 trailer out!

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Fahrenheit 9/11 trailer out!

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-04, 12:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts
Originally posted by brizz
-notrolls-
Brizz, I have to ask since it's often hard to tell in the Moore bashing/defending threads: Who do you consider the troll here?
Old 06-03-04, 02:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Perhaps he is refering to Moore himself?
Old 06-03-04, 02:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by majorjoe23
Brizz, I have to ask since it's often hard to tell in the Moore bashing/defending threads: Who do you consider the troll here?
uhm, lets see, it's a thread letting people know a trailer is up.....and yet we have:
Are there actually people believe his films are fact based?
Thats the saddest thing I've ever heard. Do people actually believe US foreign policy was different under Clinton? or a Democrat would have handled post 9/11 any differently? whyy do Americans hate themselves so much? Why not make a movie that shows the people who are actually guilty, like the terrorists. Bush didn't cause 9/11 or anything thats happened since.
Just because he was playing golf while they were asking him questions doesnt mean he is Hitler.
Perhaps he is refering to Moore himself? i.e. Moore is a troll! how clever!!

all uncalled for partisan threadcrapping bullshit....it's soooo tiresome. we get it, conservative people don't like Michael Moore. They think everything he says is a lie. they think anyone who likes him is an idiot. They continuously convict him for saying and doing things he hasn't said or done - and then criticize everyone else for not listening to them. We have heard it ad infinitum and i'm ****ing tired of it. LET IT GO!!!!
Old 06-03-04, 02:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

We can crap on every worthless trailer that falls out of Hollwood's ******* and on to the internet but if I make a comment about a clip used in a Micheal Moore trailer then I am threadcrapping. Good job.

Last edited by RyoHazuki; 06-03-04 at 02:26 PM.
Old 06-03-04, 02:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
awesome trailer. very powerful. I can't wait to see it. (I especially love saying this because it'll drive the trolls nuts)
Old 06-03-04, 02:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by RyoHazuki
We can crap on every worthless trailer that falls out of Hollwood's ******* and on to the internet but if I make a comment about a clip used in a Micheal Moore trailer then I am threadcrapping. Good job.
First, you're admitting that these are thread craps. Secondly, when most people comment on trailers, they say things like "The SFX look bad," "Jake Gyllenhall can't act his way out of a paper bag" not "Jake Gyllenhall is a fat lefty zealot who blows goats."
Old 06-03-04, 02:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 447 Likes on 253 Posts
Actually RyoHazuki did comment on part of the trailer so I wouldn't call his post a threadcrap.

If people can comment (both good & bad) on just the trailer itself , then that's fine. If they are just going to post general comments about Michael Moore then they should go post elsewhere.
Old 06-03-04, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

First, you're admitting that these are thread craps. Secondly, when most people comment on trailers, they say things like "The SFX look bad," "Jake Gyllenhall can't act his way out of a paper bag" not "Jake Gyllenhall is a fat lefty zealot who blows goats."
I never said these were threadcraps although a few of them are. I said we threadcrap on other trailers but then my comment, which was not a threadcrap, gets quoted and bitched about as if it were a threadcrap.
Old 06-03-04, 02:47 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
I think that RyoHazuki's first post was not a crap, and perfectly on-topic for the subject at hand.

However, to suggest that Moore was saying "Bush = Hitler" by showing the clip was going a bit over the top. Ironically, it's the kind of thing that Moore gets accused of all the time.
Old 06-03-04, 02:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

which was my point by only quoting that part of the post....it was unnecessary, inflammatory, and spurious.

- Jackie Childs
Old 06-03-04, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I wasn't actually saying that RyoHazuki was threadcrapping, but I probably good have been clearer.
Old 06-03-04, 03:02 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
I probably good have been clearer.
Old 06-03-04, 04:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Sorry, I'm channeling my inner Danol today. What come you guys no DVD with Cheers?
Old 06-03-04, 04:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Funny how Michael Moore twists even humorous things into something sinister

That Bush quote was from a New York Memorial Dinner, attended by Al Gore as well. It wasn't a fundraiser. Both candidates poked fun at themselves.

You want to know what Al Gore said at the event:

The vice president, who spoke first, started right off making fun of his tendency to exaggerate and his boast that he invented the Internet. "The Al Smith Dinner represents a hallowed and important tradition, which I actually did invent," he deadpanned.

http://cny.org/archive/ld/ld102600.htm

Joking about his oft-repeated debate promise to keep Social Security in a "locked box," he said if he's elected he'll put "Medicare in a walk-in closet," NASA funding in a "hermetically sealed Ziploc bag" and will "always keep lettuce in the crisper."

But please continue your ramblings and continue to get your history through Michael Moore.
Old 06-03-04, 04:26 PM
Banned

I will be seeing this opening night with my friends and several family members.

Take THAT you religious right-wing too-old-to get-it-up Republican corporate ass-puppet bitches! -please refrain from these kinds of attacks

Smell the stench of defeat!

Last edited by Rivero; 06-03-04 at 05:02 PM.
Old 06-03-04, 04:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Shannon Nutt
Well, I think he should have left, instead of hanging around for a photo op. It's like Nero fiddling while Rome burned...

You're right about having an excellent idea what was happening...with all those warnings he ignored, plus his close ties with the Saudis.

Somehow, I don't think President Roosevelt kept his schedule when he got the call that Pearl Harbor had been attacked.
I am not sure about the timing, but I not sure about it not being an accident until the 2nd plane hit. I was only shocked that such a thing could happen and I was hoping that everyone would get out OK. When the 2nd plane hit, I knew it was terrorism. So, maybe the Pres thought the 1st plane was "only" an accident, then I could see why he did not leave at the first second he heard.

And about the "vacation time" the president was on after he was in office, is the president ever on vacation - NO. He has a flying mobile office in Air Force One, he has an entire staff that goes with him, he is in constant contact with everone in Washington, anyone in the White House staff knows how to contact him at anytime...he is never on vacation - he can never take a day off from being the president. The only time he can take a day off is if he is injured or if he is having some kind of operation that puts him out.

If I work 10 hours (does not include lunch, holidays, vacations, sick days, personal time off...) a day for 6 days a week = about 240 hours a month.
On average there are 720 hours in a month.
240/720 = 33% working per month
So, that means I am "Vacationing" 66% of my year. If I include time off, then I would only be "Vacationing" about 70% of my year.

And when I vacation, I do not have to take my work with me - well, sometimes I do.

Once again, MM does not present the true facts in his movies so he can prove the points he wants to.

I think I will skip the movie like I skip BFC.
Old 06-03-04, 05:26 PM

Originally posted by Rivero
I will be seeing this opening night with my friends and several family members. Take THAT you religious right-wing too-old-to get-it-up Republican corporate ass-puppet bitches!

Smell the stench of defeat!
You have to be joking, right?
Old 06-03-04, 05:33 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 208 Likes on 120 Posts
Originally posted by Iron_Giant
And about the "vacation time" the president was on after he was in office, is the president ever on vacation - NO. He has a flying mobile office in Air Force One, he has an entire staff that goes with him, he is in constant contact with everone in Washington, anyone in the White House staff knows how to contact him at anytime...he is never on vacation - he can never take a day off from being the president. The only time he can take a day off is if he is injured or if he is having some kind of operation that puts him out.
I agree the Presidents vacation is not like yours/mine vacations, but he is still on "vacation" and compared to other presidents, Bush Jr. has taken more "vacation" than any other president.

I will be there June 25th.
Old 06-03-04, 05:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

It's Rivero, he is never joking.
Old 06-03-04, 06:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 204 Likes on 158 Posts
Rock on! I'll see it opening weekend.
Old 06-03-04, 06:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 204 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally posted by chanster
But please continue your ramblings and continue to get your history through Michael Moore.

Better him than Ann Coulter, Rush Limbaugh, or Bill O'Reilly.
Old 06-03-04, 07:02 PM

Originally posted by Dr. DVD
Better him than Ann Coulter, Rush Limbaugh, or Bill O'Reilly.
Nope, all of them are the same.
Old 06-03-04, 07:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by chanster
Funny how Michael Moore twists even humorous things into something sinister

That Bush quote was from a New York Memorial Dinner, attended by Al Gore as well. It wasn't a fundraiser. Both candidates poked fun at themselves.

You want to know what Al Gore said at the event:

The vice president, who spoke first, started right off making fun of his tendency to exaggerate and his boast that he invented the Internet. "The Al Smith Dinner represents a hallowed and important tradition, which I actually did invent," he deadpanned.

http://cny.org/archive/ld/ld102600.htm

Joking about his oft-repeated debate promise to keep Social Security in a "locked box," he said if he's elected he'll put "Medicare in a walk-in closet," NASA funding in a "hermetically sealed Ziploc bag" and will "always keep lettuce in the crisper."

From what I can tell....he isn't twisting anything...it's a short clip in the trailer of Bush saying the uber-rich are "as I like to call you, my base." I don't much give a shit where he said it. He said it....why does it matter if it was at a fundraiser or not? Is Moore claiming it was? no. This is a perfect example of taking something small and turning it into some grand misrepresentation and bag of lies....it's nothing of the sort....at least you could just wait until the movie is out and take a look for yourself before you start making shit up about it.

It's akin to his "sure would be easier if i was a dictator" comment....no one cares if he was joking or what context he said it in....it comes off as incredibly arrogant and makes him look exactly as his critics paint him....when or where he said is ultimately irrelevant...

Last edited by HistoryProf; 06-03-04 at 07:15 PM.
Old 06-03-04, 07:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I will see the movie and try to judge it on its own merits--as a MOVIE.

I'm sure the right-leaning people will be working over time to pick it apart, analyze it and discredit it frame-by-frame as soon as they can. And quite frankly, I think they're welcome to and are doing a service to all of us for their effort.
Old 06-03-04, 08:54 PM

Originally posted by brizz
From what I can tell....he isn't twisting anything...it's a short clip in the trailer of Bush saying the uber-rich are "as I like to call you, my base." I don't much give a shit where he said it. He said it....why does it matter if it was at a fundraiser or not? Is Moore claiming it was? no. This is a perfect example of taking something small and turning it into some grand misrepresentation and bag of lies....it's nothing of the sort....at least you could just wait until the movie is out and take a look for yourself before you start making shit up about it.
And you havn't seen the movie either, so you don't know if Moore is going to edit the shit out of any comment and take them out of context. He has been known to do it in the past. Let me ask you, as you defend Moore's BS, if he does take comments out of context and he does edit the shit out of these clips to spin the material to his own agenda, will you come back here and apologize for accusing someone of trying to "make shit up" about Moore? Probably not.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.