Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Jay & Silent Bob MAY Return!

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-04, 03:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts

Looks like Kevin Smith is thinking about bringing back Jay & Silent Bob after all...and lord knows after Jersey Girl, it would be a welcome return.

Read below in an article about Jason Mewes celebrating one year drug-free:

AP NEW YORK - Jason Mewes (news), the guy who plays Jay in the "Jay and Silent Bob" movies, is celebrating one year of sobriety today. His pal, director Kevin Smith (news), says he thinks Mewes is off heroin, OxyContin and booze for good now.

He says even though Mewes has had several relapses in the past, he doesn't think he'll have another slip. Smith can see for himself. Mewes lives with Smith and his wife.

"He just doesn't even really think about doing drugs anymore. He'll always be a drug abuser at heart, I mean it's something you can't escape, he'll always have that. But he says right now in his life he just doesn't need it," Smith told AP Radio.

Smith says he may even be up for making another "Jay and Silent Bob" film. "I've been hanging out with Mewes pretty tight for the last six months and that always leads me kind of right down that path again because he is Jay in many ways," Smith told AP Radio.

Mewes seems eager to start acting again and may even make an appearance in Smith's latest venture, "The Green Hornet."

"I told him I wanted to use him in "Green Hornet." And he goes 'I knew it dude you want me to be the Hornet.' And I said 'No dude, you're not going to be the Hornet but you'll be in the Hornet," Smith told AP Radio.
Old 04-06-04, 03:46 PM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'd definitely see it.

Good to hear Mewes has his life in order.
Old 04-06-04, 03:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 203 Likes on 157 Posts
Hey, when new stuff doesn't work, back to the old song and dance.

In all honesty, I would like for the two of them to stay away for a while.

Good that Mewes is doing better though.
Old 04-06-04, 03:50 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Hey, you gotta do what works.
Old 04-06-04, 03:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

NOOOOoooooooo when will it end.
Old 04-06-04, 04:24 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

good news about Mewes being clean....I'd definately be interested in seeing Jay and Silent Bob return
Old 04-06-04, 04:32 PM
Retired

Originally posted by Sessa17
NOOOOoooooooo when will it end.
It's not like you'd be forced to watch it.
Old 04-06-04, 04:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, bring back the duo!
Old 04-06-04, 05:35 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I love the View Askewniverse and have watched Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back more than I can remember, but I think the characters have run their course. The last movie was a good and fitting way to end it. If he wants to make the animated Clerks movie, I'm all for it, bit any live action stuff I'll be very wary of.

Still, I think, in the end, I'd see it anyway, but only if it's called the Return of Jay and Silent Bob, or something with a Star Wars spin. Ah, who am I kidding? I'll see it no matter what.
Old 04-06-04, 05:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Josh Hinkle
It's not like you'd be forced to watch it.
I never said I was. I just want it to stop.
Old 04-06-04, 06:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I wonder what it must be like for Smith's wife. Is it like Jay and Silent Bob everyday?
Old 04-06-04, 06:06 PM

I hope it happens. It would be sweet to see the two of them together on the big screen again...
Old 04-06-04, 06:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,300 Likes on 944 Posts
Glad to hear Jason is doing well.

I'm all for seeing Jay and Silent Bob again.
Old 04-06-04, 06:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 191 Likes on 128 Posts
I don't know, they have some pretty funny moments here and there but Jay and Silent Bob strike back was just horrible - It might be cool if they do a movie without going way overboard again.

Spoiler:
i.e. Jay vs. Mark Hamill at the end and boring nonsense like the Scooby skit

I mean, Kevin Smith is funny no doubt about it, but why not try a regular raw comedy - that's what these two are perfect for. that's my two cents anyway.
Old 04-06-04, 06:51 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

3 years ago this would have been good news to me, but in that timespan I've grown rather weary of Kevin Smith and his View Askewniverse. After a while it just got pretty repetitive and the schtick wore off for me.

I'm glad to hear that Mewes finally has shit back in order, but I won't be eagerly anticipating the next Jay & Silent Bob movie.
Old 04-06-04, 06:59 PM
Retired

I never said I was. I just want it to stop.
I didn't say you did. I just hate the whole "oh god, please don't make this movie" type posts. If you're not interested, don't watch it. Many others will enjoy it.

No need to whine on the internet about a movie that hasn't even been confirmed.

Then again, that type of stuff is what made the moviepoopshoot.com jokes so funny.

Last edited by Josh Hinkle; 04-06-04 at 07:34 PM.
Old 04-06-04, 07:24 PM

I hated JASBSB, but if he toned down the pop culture references and cameos, and had a decent story, it could be good
Old 04-06-04, 07:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Excellent news! Bring them back, please!
Old 04-06-04, 07:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I didn't say you did. I just hate the whole "oh god, please don't make this movie" type posts. If you're not interested, don't watch it. Many others will enjoy it.

No need to whine on the internet about a movie that hasn't even been confirmed.

I hate hypocrits that whine about other people's opinions & then say things like "no need to whine" as they make a post whining. Grow up man, if someone doesn't like something or agree with you, that doesn't mean they don't have the right to post something simply b/c you "hate" it.

As crazy as it may sound to you, not every opionion about something is going to be positive. And not every one is going to agree w/ you. Sorry I don't like something you clearly do. I thought they were as funny as hell, when they started, nearly half a dozen movies, cartoons, merchandising out the ass over the years, I'm sorry, somebody just shoot these characters & put them to sleep.
Old 04-06-04, 07:49 PM
Uber Member

I hope he tries to make a few more movies before he does this. I like Smith's work and would like to see him grow and challenge himself more.

Then again, I haven't seen Jersey Girl yet. But just because you don't hit it out of the park on your first try doesn't mean you give up after one try!
Old 04-06-04, 07:59 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
As long as their not the focal point of the next movie.
Old 04-06-04, 08:01 PM

I just wish Kevin Smith would make another good film like Clerks or Chasing Amy, with Jay & Silent Bob as secondary characters, NOT the main focus. A little Mewes goes a LONG LONG LONG ways
Old 04-06-04, 08:06 PM
Retired

I hate hypocrits that whine about other people's opinions & then say things like "no need to whine" as they make a post whining. Grow up man, if someone doesn't like something or agree with you, that doesn't mean they don't have the right to post something simply b/c you "hate" it.

As crazy as it may sound to you, not every opionion about something is going to be positive. And not every one is going to agree w/ you.
It's not about negative opinons. It's about how they're expressed.

I could care less if someone says they're lame characters, that the first movie sucked, and they won't see another movie with them.

That's fine.

Saying crap like "oh god please don't make this movie" is just overboard and incredibly lame IMO and over populate lame movie sites.

It's one of the many ways to try to make one's opinion sound more important that others, as it's basically saying I hate these characters so they shouldn't make another movie even though others love them.

I hate stupid comedies like American Pie and what not, but I'm not going so say "god, please quit making these dumb ass movies."

I just say I don't like them, and go on about my life.
Old 04-06-04, 08:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Saying crap like "oh god please don't make this movie" is just overboard and incredibly lame IMO and over populate lame movie sites.

It's one of the many ways to try to make one's opinion sound more important that others, as it's basically saying I hate these characters so they shouldn't make another movie even though others love them.

I just say I don't like them, and go on about my life.
It was one friggin' line man, take some of your own advice & go on about your life. How does me posting one little line equate to me making an attempt to sound more important than others. I thought the thread title was a joke, I could not b/c that Smith is so out of ideas he would go back to these guys yet again, & the only thing that popped into my min was that one little line. You are really analyzing one little line by a complete stranger WAY too much. Go watch a movie or something, you seem to be spending way too much time on message boards.
Old 04-06-04, 09:07 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I loved Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back and the Clerks Animated series, and I would definitely see it. However, I have to wonder if Smith said this because of his renewed relationship with Mewes, or because Jersey Girl is underperforming.

It would really be sad if he only went to bat once outside the view askewniverse and then ran back to his comfort characters and made those movies until the end of time.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.