Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Jay & Silent Bob MAY Return!

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Jay & Silent Bob MAY Return!

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-04, 09:13 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ladies, Ladies, Ladies...Jay & Silent Bob are in the hizzzouse!
Old 04-06-04, 09:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mallet, Smith has hinted that he would consider doing another JaSB movie as a present to Mewes if he kept his act clean for good for a while now. Jersey Girl is actually about what they wanted it to do.. perhaps underperforming when compared to Scooby Doo2, Spider Man 2, or Scorpian King 3.. but it's doing the business they expected from it.

If another JaSB movie meant another JaSBSB then I'm not thrilled; if he makes another Clerks, Mallrats, or Chasing Amy, I'm all good. Like said before, they're side characters, they should've stayed that way.
Old 04-06-04, 09:26 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally posted by PixyJunket
Mallet, Smith has hinted that he would consider doing another JaSB movie as a present to Mewes if he kept his act clean for good for a while now. Jersey Girl is actually about what they wanted it to do.. perhaps underperforming when compared to Scooby Doo2, Spider Man 2, or Scorpian King 3.. but it's doing the business they expected from it.
Well, like I said, if he's doing this for Mewes' sake, I have no problem. I just hope he keeps making movies outside the skewniverse.

If another JaSB movie meant another JaSBSB then I'm not thrilled; if he makes another Clerks, Mallrats, or Chasing Amy, I'm all good. Like said before, they're side characters, they should've stayed that way.
If you're right, and the film IS a present to Mewes, it will be like JaSBSB.
Old 04-06-04, 09:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well color me a fan-boy.

I'll see it, no matter what. Animated? Fine. Live action? Fine. J&SB as the main characters? Fine. J&SB as side characters? Fine. No J&SB in the film at all? Fine. I've enjoyed every movie I've seen from Kevin Smith, and that includes Jersey Girl.

I hope we get another commentary pairing Smith and Affleck, even if it's only to hear 1 and 1/2 to 2 hours of Smith ripping on Affleck and his relationship to Jennifer Lopez.
Old 04-06-04, 10:10 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

The two characters work best when not used as the main characters.
Old 04-07-04, 10:33 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by PalmerJoss
3 years ago this would have been good news to me, but in that timespan I've grown rather weary of Kevin Smith and his View Askewniverse. After a while it just got pretty repetitive and the schtick wore off for me.

I'm glad to hear that Mewes finally has shit back in order, but I won't be eagerly anticipating the next Jay & Silent Bob movie.
Same here. I have all of the dvd's but Clerks is the only one I occassionally watch anymore. To be honest would a sober Mewes be funny?
Old 04-07-04, 11:49 AM

People seem to ignore the fact that J&SB and their style of comedy is what everyone wants from Smith! Before someone responds with a pedantic "Well, *I* don't want that", you know that by far Smith is known for that kinda comedy and it's what most people discovered him through (Mallrats, J&SB). If he's doing it, it'll be for Mewes but also for all of the fans who continually bug him about it.

Smith is already locked for Green Hornet, which will be his biggest picture yet, so there's no reason to assume that he's just "running" back to the askewniverse.
Old 04-07-04, 12:17 PM
Suspended

I love all of KS's previous movies, I haven't seen jersey Girl yet though.. but I'd rather not see J&SB back in "live" movies. If they want to bring the duo back, I'd much rather see it in the Clerks cartoon.

But it's great that Mewes is staying clean now.
Old 04-07-04, 12:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Well, I'm not surprised. Kevin said before that he refused to talk to Jason until he'd been clean a month and refused to work with Jason until he'd been clear a year. Tough love. It was the main thing holding up the animated Clerks movie.

While I like how the last film wrapped it up, I'm sure Smith would do well with the characters again... but I must agree, supporting characters!
Old 04-07-04, 01:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I was part of a KS interview with a lot of journalists before J&SBSB. One of his funniest lines (and there were a lot) was, "There will be no more Jay and Silent Bob. There will be brand-new characters, like Roy and Silent Bill."
Old 04-07-04, 01:36 PM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Sessa17
Go watch a movie or something, you seem to be spending way too much time on message boards.
Actually, I just get paid well at a boring job where I have nothing better to do that kill time on the net.