Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

HERO to be Released!! BOO YAA!

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

HERO to be Released!! BOO YAA!

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-04, 04:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by darqleo
This is the one you want, it's legit, it's Region 1, it's DTS...
'nuff said!

http://www.asiandiscs.com/cgi-bin/AD...ctID=DVD-40030
Wait one minute!

* It's a real DVD, not a VCD.
* It's $18.99 + $3.99 shipping = $22.98 total
* It has English Subtitles
* It has a DTS soundtrack
* It's actually In Stock
* It's playable in all regions

Ok, where's the catch. There's gotta be some B.S. somewhere. The picture/audio quality must be atrocious or this is just a bootleg burned on a DVD.

darqleo, come on!
Old 04-19-04, 05:34 PM
BT
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by harosa
As i was watching the trailer I thought, man, is this the same movie I saw? A gross misrepresentation in showing Li as the total star, selling it as an action movie and they give away HUGE spoilers from the movie.
Ditto that. I think I was the only person in the theater who noticed and said it out loud...
Old 04-19-04, 06:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by cupon
Wait one minute!

* It's actually In Stock

Ok, where's the catch. There's gotta be some B.S. somewhere. The picture/audio quality must be atrocious or this is just a bootleg burned on a DVD.

darqleo, come on!
this is a real dvd, not a boot, the picture and audio are fantastic (the only down part is that there are no english subtitles for the opening and closing of hte movie) not all region 0 dvds are boots,
Old 04-19-04, 10:17 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I thought the trailer sucked. Made it look like a balls to the wall action movie. And my DVD transfer was greatly superior to the trailer's. The trailer made the movie look like it was made in the 80s (the voiceover didn't help either)

My friends, however, thought it looked pretty good. They all also thought that Quentin Tarantino directed it. I've talked to a couple of people since then and they all think Quentin directed it. Miramax's trailer is really misleading.
Old 04-19-04, 10:20 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by cupon
Wait one minute!

* It's actually In Stock

darqleo, come on!
It's the real deal, I own it.
Old 04-20-04, 01:22 AM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally posted by Shilex
My friends, however, thought it looked pretty good. They all also thought that Quentin Tarantino directed it. I've talked to a couple of people since then and they all think Quentin directed it. Miramax's trailer is really misleading.
The trailer is misleading in several ways, but NOT in the way it makes you think that Tarantino directed it. Firstly, his screen credit says "Quentin Tarantino PRESENTS" which is usually not an indicator that the person directed it. Secondly, it clearly says "A film BY Zhang Yimou" which shows that he directed it, and finally, in the credits at the end it clearly says that Yimou directed it. The people who think QT directed it weren't mislead by the trailer, they just saw that initial credit and didn't bother to pay any attention to the rest of the text.
Old 04-20-04, 10:57 PM
Li

I thought the trailer made it look incredible. I think I'll go ahead and get the DVD since it's not going to be out for some time. However, after reading this thread, I'll keep my expectations low and assume it's not like the trailer portrayed it as.
Old 04-21-04, 08:17 AM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
while the trailer has its pros and cons, the best thing about is that it doesn't show hardly any of the
Spoiler:
lake dual (seen only as a quick shot of the two feet running over the water) the scene is unreal and captures the poetic and stunning use of every filmmaking aspect to simple yet mesmerizing affect: cinematography, stunt work, costumes, .