Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Name this horror anthology film

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-04, 07:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

OK, here's a bit of a challenge...

I have vague memories of a horror anthology movie playing on TV in the early 1980s... don't know if it was made-for-TV or a theatrical release and I don't know when it was made. It's in color.

The only segment I (kind of) remember is a strange, foggy village where a guy (guys?) get trapped. I don't remember if the residents are vampires or just creatures of some sort, but they have strange long teeth.

The guy (or guys?) escape at the end and run out to the highway. They are picked up by postal workers (?) and then taken... right back to the village. The postmen turn to the guy and smile. And they have the long teeth too.

Damn, now that I've written that down, it sounds even more vague that I originally thought. Any clue?
Old 03-09-04, 12:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 799 Likes on 567 Posts
Though I doubt it, it might be the "Hammer House of Horrors" entry called Children of the Full Moon, which played on Elvira in the '80s. I remember it being pretty creepy.

Of course, that plot description, aside from the "postal workers" detail, could belong to many horror flicks.
Old 03-09-04, 09:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Nope that isn't it. Thanks for trying, though.

I wish I could remember more. I can't stress the teeth enough... they were really long and creepy.
Old 03-09-04, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I remember that story. It creeped me out as a kid. Seems like it was part of a 3 or 4 story British anthology movie, but I can't for the life of me remember a name. Wasn't there also a story about an evil rocking horse, or was that yet a different anthology?
Old 03-09-04, 11:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: (formerly known as Inglenook Hampendick) Fairbanks, Alaska!
Received 513 Likes on 353 Posts
I remember it, the inhabitants of the village were ghouls...

The Monster Club perhaps?

Yep, that's the one. The postal workers were british policemen. The dude was a movie director scouting for locations and went to check out the village where he met a chick who turned out to be half human half ghoul (Humgoo?).

Last edited by AGuyNamedMike; 03-09-04 at 12:12 PM.
Old 03-09-04, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Thank you! That's pretty impressive, given my terrible description.

As luck would have it, the damn thing is even coming out on DVD in a couple of weeks. Sweet!
Old 03-09-04, 07:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Never heard of this one. Sounds pretty bad.

Funny, the things we liked then that somehow manage to completely transform into cheese later on.

Finding alot of movies I liked a long time ago just ended up being pure crapola later.

Still, bad movies can be fun too.