Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Do the Right Thing - Out-dated?

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Do the Right Thing - Out-dated?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-17, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Re: Do the Right Thing - Out-dated?

Originally Posted by Why So Blu?
You're being a douche. I'm sorry if I offended your sensibilities by bumping a 13 year-old thread with a relevant comment and that you were too boneheaded to read the reason WHY I bumped it.

You have contributed ZERO to this conversation and thread, so either do so, or go somewhere else.
When WSB calls someone else a douche, it has the same effect as Vladimir Putin calling someone overbearing. The same with your other insult. Literally no effect given the source.

Again, I will post where I want to. You aren't a mod. Your necro bump made zero sense and your attempt to justify it are laughable.

You want to stop me responding your continued nonsense and attacks, you fully have the power by stopping yourself. But as per the above, you are free to do what you like.

I think there are some other threads from 2001 that may interest you, I'll try to find some links to those.
Old 09-20-17, 01:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by slop101
The visuals and some of the physical trappings may be dated, but the ideas and the overall theme of the movie aren't dated at all. Unfortunately, they are as relevant as ever.
In fact, when I saw this bump, I fully expected the bump to be related to the fact that this movie continues to resonate to this day and the message it contains (unfortunately for us as a society) continues to be relevant. It is also a shame that the lessons of the movie do not appear to have been heeded and we seem to be no further from the characters than they were themselves at the time this movie came out.
Old 09-20-17, 01:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,192 Likes on 918 Posts

Originally Posted by DVD Josh
When WSB calls someone else a douche, it has the same effect as Vladimir Putin calling someone overbearing. The same with your other insult. Literally no effect given the source.

Again, I will post where I want to. You aren't a mod. Your necro bump made zero sense and your attempt to justify it are laughable.

You want to stop me responding your continued nonsense and attacks, you fully have the power by stopping yourself. But as per the above, you are free to do what you like.

I think there are some other threads from 2001 that may interest you, I'll try to find some links to those.

So you're just being a thread-crapper and a troll? Got it.
Old 09-20-17, 01:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

So you're just being a thread-crapper and a troll? Got it.
\

Did you listen to this guy?

Huh? Did you not read the response above your response?

At this point you are being as bad as you think I am. Let's see if you drop it or continue your childishness.
Old 09-20-17, 07:02 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No. The End.

--
Old 09-20-17, 08:59 PM
Banned

Location: Conducting miss-aisle drills and listening to their rock n roll
Received 168 Likes on 126 Posts

Not responding to anyone directly -- it's a public forum, open thread, anyone can now see it. It's valid necro-thread-bump. What the fuck do you care? Contribute or GTFO.
But you said, "You guys forget..."

Who is "you guys"? It reads like you are addressing someone. It reads like you are correcting someone.

As far as the movie goes, it's amazing. And it's only dated in the same way that Back to the Future is dated. It's delightful to see the old styles and haircuts and products and whatnot.

Also, Bambozled is a great movie. I'd like to see it again, I've only seen it once.

Last edited by Mabuse; 09-20-17 at 09:08 PM.
Old 09-21-17, 12:07 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Mabuse
But you said, "You guys forget..."

Who is "you guys"? It reads like you are addressing someone. It reads like you are correcting someone.

As far as the movie goes, it's amazing. And it's only dated in the same way that Back to the Future is dated. It's delightful to see the old styles and haircuts and products and whatnot.

Also, Bambozled is a great movie. I'd like to see it again, I've only seen it once.

Doesn't matter. I'm over it.

I agree that Bamboozled is great. Only blind-bought it , because folks were saying that if I liked scathing satire from "Dear White People" then I would love Bamboozled -- and I did -- it was $11 well spent.
Old 09-21-17, 12:19 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I only bumped the the thread because I watched Bamboozled and thought it was great, but that led me to this thread, which was interesting.
Sadly I couldn't find it for sell anywhere. Correction I couldn't find it for sell at a non butt rape price.
Old 09-21-17, 12:20 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Doesn't matter. I'm over it.

I agree that Bamboozled is great. Only blind-bought it , because folks were saying that if I liked scathing satire from "Dear White People" then I would love Bamboozled -- and I did -- it was $11 well spent.
Where did you buy it from?
Old 09-21-17, 12:26 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 483 Likes on 319 Posts

On the strength of Spike Lee's work up until that point (and coming fresh off the masterpiece that's Summer of Sam), Bamboozled was one of the first DVD's I bought blind back in 2000 or 2001 when that was a good 25 bucks. Came in a snapper case. Still have it. Think the movie could use some editing, but there's enough good parts in there I've watched it a few times over the last 16 years (God help me, where had all the time gone?!?!?!?).
Old 09-21-17, 05:28 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 144 Likes on 99 Posts

I showed this film to my class last year. All my students said the same thing: damn, why is this film still so relevant.
Old 09-21-17, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Baron Of Hell
Where did you buy it from?
Got a used copy from eBay -- it was the New Line Platinum Edition, as well. Looks like my copy was a former library rental -- got it from Goodwill in Indiana.