Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

'Nemo' Plagiarized?

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

'Nemo' Plagiarized?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-04, 04:20 PM
Suspended

Location: You have moved into a dark place. It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Furthermore...

Originally posted by baracine

"Inside Edition", "Entertainment Tonight", etc. were all exclusively preoccupied with Britney Spears' latest sluttish behavior.
Um, you consider getting *married* to be "sluttish behavior"?

Seriously?
Old 01-08-04, 04:23 PM
Suspended

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Re: Furthermore...

Originally posted by jough
Um, you consider getting *married* to be "sluttish behavior"?

Seriously?
Only when you're a slut to begin with and you end the mariage inside 55 hours.
Old 01-08-04, 04:25 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Re: Re: Beef is yummy.

Originally posted by PixyJunket
(© God, Inc.)

even if you did mock anime fans
Old 01-08-04, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by PixyJunket
baracine, serious quesiton.. Are you an anime fan?
Dude, get over it.
Old 01-08-04, 04:45 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Another reason to invade France. I will plunder their copyright to clown fish while crusining in my Peugeot.
Old 01-08-04, 05:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 708 Likes on 436 Posts
HERE'S A NEWS UPDATE

Britney Spears's marriage was apparently annulled at the behest of George Lucas.

There are five letters in "Spears", "Lucas", "Pixar", and "Nemoo" (the extra 'o' is for OUTRAGEOUSLY PLAGIARIZED.)

In page 13 of Pierrot le poisson clown, written by Franck "Steve" Le Calvez, Pierrot's slutty mother gets speared through the gills by a drunken Frenchman, a scene Lucas ripped off when Obi-Wan bites it in Episode 4. Think about it: Slut... Spears...

I don't even know why there's even a debate anymore...
Old 01-08-04, 05:40 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Matt Millheiser

There are five letters in "Spears"

Old 01-08-04, 05:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Lethal Nemesis

Umm... five individual letters?

Or are you one of Lucas's jackbooted thugs?!?!?!?
Old 01-08-04, 06:08 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Re: That guy

As I'm sure other members of this discussion group will be more than happy to point out to you, I happen to be of the opinion that Tarantino is the scum of the earth.

But you probably already knew that and are just baiting me, here.

Do you think it is possible to get back to Nemo, seriously?

I have learned from experience that, normally, the next step in a discussion like this is that some clown will start discussing my health record...
I didn't know you hated Tarantino. It is kind of funny, though, that despite being the scum of the earth, he's an incredibly talented filmmaker who is very personable and forthcoming. Weird.

As for getting back to Nemo, what is there to discuss? The facts in the case are so flimsy that there is no case. That is why it's been so easy to go off on tangents about Lucas buying up Japanese films. You have made some outrageous claims about Disney, but none of them have been substantiated.
Old 01-08-04, 10:50 PM
Suspended

Disney?

Originally posted by Suprmallet
You have made some outrageous claims about Disney, but none of them have been substantiated.
You must be confusing me with somebody else. I didn't start this thread and I made absolutely no claim about Disney. The subject is Pixar, Nemo and a French writer who claims the storyline of Nemo came from him.

I don't have to make claims about Disney. Disney's history of habitual plagiarism is very well documented elsewhere.

Last edited by baracine; 01-09-04 at 07:11 AM.
Old 01-08-04, 11:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,022 Likes on 709 Posts
Re: Disney?

You must be confusing me with somebody else. I didn't start this thread and I made absolutely no claim about Disney.

I don't have to make claims about Disney. Disney's history of habitual plagiarism is very well documented elsewhere.
Sounds like a claim to me. And whats this. . . "very well documented elsewhere." In some magical folder sitting very unsubstatiated.
Old 01-09-04, 01:12 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Sounds like a claim to me. And whats this. . . "very well documented elsewhere." In some magical folder sitting very unsubstatiated.
Keep in mind baracine that your sock drawer, the ends of your limited imagination, or your refrigerator do not count as documentation of these claims.
Old 01-09-04, 07:05 AM
Suspended

Notice to Zero, Tanman and Suprmallet

Reality check, here?

I know it requires some effort since this thread is 5 pages long and growing, but maybe you should extend your fellow members the courtesy of reading a whole thread before posting an intervention?

The plagiarism charge against Disney concerning "The Lion King" (ripped off a Japanese animé film named "Kimba") was mentioned by Groucho (among others) and the charge against Disney concerning "Atlantis" (ripped off a Japanese animé named "Nadja") was made by Suprmallet (01-01-04 07:09 AM).

You would think Suprmallet would remember one of his own postings...

These plagiarism charges are extremely well documented elsewhere. Just punch in "Disney plagiarism" in Google for hours and hours and hours of fascinating reading with ample illustrations. But they were not made (or documented) by me. The subject of this thread is Pixar and Nemo.

The allegations I made about Lucas and "Star Wars" have been resolved in the present thread.

The allegations I made about Spielberg and "E.T." are continued, documented and resolved in this other thread: http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=339923

Thank you for your time.

Last edited by baracine; 01-09-04 at 11:01 AM.
Old 01-09-04, 11:00 AM
Suspended

Location: You have moved into a dark place. It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
Are you people honestly trying to say that no one has documented Disney plagiarism (or claims thereof) other than baracine? That's a bit naive, n'est-ce pas?

http://www.thesecretofbluewater.com/atlantis-i.htm
http://www.geocities.com/EnchantedFo...nfaq.html#plot
http://www.geocities.com/EnchantedFo...aq.html#tezuka
http://www.nwlink.com/~jade/anime/satonaka.htm

and this one from the Yahoo Group called "disneyhaters" (clever, eh?) is pretty funny:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/disney...e/205?source=1

I'll leave the other 11,000,000 pages for you to peruse if interested.

And for the record, Disney does NOT own Pixar. They simply have an exclusive distribution deal. Pixar is a publically traded company (PIXR). Buy some stock today! It's up .30 as of RIGHT NOW.
Old 01-09-04, 11:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,022 Likes on 709 Posts
Originally posted by jough
Are you people honestly trying to say that no one has documented Disney plagiarism (or claims thereof) other than baracine? That's a bit naive, n'est-ce pas?

http://www.thesecretofbluewater.com/atlantis-i.htm
http://www.geocities.com/EnchantedFo...nfaq.html#plot
http://www.geocities.com/EnchantedFo...aq.html#tezuka
http://www.nwlink.com/~jade/anime/satonaka.htm

and this one from the Yahoo Group called "disneyhaters" (clever, eh?) is pretty funny:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/disney...e/205?source=1

I'll leave the other 11,000,000 pages for you to peruse if interested.

And for the record, Disney does NOT own Pixar. They simply have an exclusive distribution deal. Pixar is a publically traded company (PIXR). Buy some stock today! It's up .30 as of RIGHT NOW.
See. Now was that so hard to do. All you have to do is post some links to support some of your accusations. I think we are giving baracine a hard time because he comes across as having some personal vendetta with Disney and Lucas. Well that and he is sympathetic to the French. Oh, yeah and there was that awkward moment when he thought we were going to invade France because the men in black suits were removing all knowledge about Pierrot on all of the sites and the only ones he could find were from french sites which is obvious cause for alarm. And something about atoms not being social. See I am paying attention.

But what can I say we will still donate sperm for you guys and buy your drugs.
Old 01-09-04, 11:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Wow.. just, wow.
Old 01-09-04, 01:58 PM
Suspended

Originally posted by tanman
I think we are giving baracine a hard time because he comes across as having some personal vendetta with Disney and Lucas.
No, my personal vendetta is against people who act like they have spent their entire adult life under a rock, like yourself, or in dank, wrong-side-of-the-track movie houses masturbating to Kung Fu epics, like Quentin Tarantino.

Last edited by baracine; 01-09-04 at 02:13 PM.
Old 01-09-04, 03:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
No, my personal vendetta is against people who act like they have spent their entire adult life under a rock, like yourself, or in dank, wrong-side-of-the-track movie houses masturbating to Kung Fu epics, like Quentin Tarantino.
Ok Im probably asking for a beating here, but would you care to expand on that? Because that statement alone just sounds like your making crap up with no real sense of what the hell your talking about.
Old 01-09-04, 03:30 PM
Suspended

To Zero:

Click on my Search button and scroll down to "The Mummy Returns: A post - Kill Bill Vol. 1 reassessment" thread.
Old 01-09-04, 03:43 PM
Banned by request

Re: Notice to Zero, Tanman and Suprmallet

Reality check, here?

I know it requires some effort since this thread is 5 pages long and growing, but maybe you should extend your fellow members the courtesy of reading a whole thread before posting an intervention?

The plagiarism charge against Disney concerning "The Lion King" (ripped off a Japanese animé film named "Kimba") was mentioned by Groucho (among others) and the charge against Disney concerning "Atlantis" (ripped off a Japanese animé named "Nadja") was made by Suprmallet (01-01-04 07:09 AM).

You would think Suprmallet would remember one of his own postings...

These plagiarism charges are extremely well documented elsewhere. Just punch in "Disney plagiarism" in Google for hours and hours and hours of fascinating reading with ample illustrations. But they were not made (or documented) by me. The subject of this thread is Pixar and Nemo.

The allegations I made about Lucas and "Star Wars" have been resolved in the present thread.

The allegations I made about Spielberg and "E.T." are continued, documented and resolved in this other thread: http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=339923

Thank you for your time.

For your information, I have read the entire thread, and I have NOT forgotten my own post. However, as has been mentioned in this entire thread, the facts against Pixar in the Finding Nemo issue are virtually nil, and yet you talk about them as if they were so solid that the entire world will start turning on a different axis if this thing goes to court.

And perhaps part of the reason people are doubting you left and right is because you're coming off as some kind of hardcore zealot, determined to rid the world of people in entertainment that you feel have done some injustice. This has lead to many outrageous claims, several of which have been proven to be untrue, and the result of rumors. So why do you expect us to listen to you, especially when any time anyone posts against you, your basic response is to insult the person, such as you did with tanman. This is a discussion forum, and people have a right to their own views, no matter what you may think of the views or the person, and perhaps we'd treat you more decently if you thought to act more decently yourself.

Last edited by Supermallet; 01-09-04 at 04:20 PM.
Old 01-09-04, 03:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: To Zero:

Click on my Search button and scroll down to "The Mummy Returns: A post - Kill Bill Vol. 1 reassessment" thread.
So that's where I remember you from. Wow.

You're kooky.
Old 01-09-04, 03:50 PM
Suspended

Re: Re: Notice to Zero, Tanman and Suprmallet

your basic response is to insult the person, such as you did with zero
Look again, I only answered zero's question. My answer was directed at tanman, who insulted me.
Old 01-09-04, 04:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Re: Re: Beef is yummy.

Originally posted by fnordboy

even if you did mock anime fans
I only mock because I was one for so long.
Old 01-09-04, 04:22 PM
Banned by request

Re: Re: Re: Notice to Zero, Tanman and Suprmallet

Look again, I only answered zero's question. My answer was directed at tanman, who insulted me.
I edited my post to say tanman instead of zero. The points made in the post still stand. Tanman may have been insulting, or he may have been poking fun at the seriousness that has crept into the arguments in the thread.
Old 01-09-04, 04:30 PM
Suspended

Re: Notice to Zero, Tanman and Suprmallet

Tanman may have been insulting, or he may have been poking fun at the seriousness that has crept into the arguments in the thread.
Nothing would please me more than to see some seriousness creep into the arguments of this thread. But I doubt it will ever happen...

Last edited by baracine; 01-09-04 at 04:35 PM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.