Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Broken Lizard's Club Dread Trailer

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Broken Lizard's Club Dread Trailer

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-04, 02:39 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Anyone seen CLUB DREAD ?

Anyone seen it ?

Looks really cool !
Old 03-06-04, 03:21 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just a couple of people...
http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...d&pagenumber=1

Old 03-07-04, 12:10 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, the film dropped an alarming 76% in this weekend's box office.

IMO, I hope the Broken Lizard are finished.
Old 03-07-04, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

IMO, I hope the Broken Lizard are finished.
Broken Lizard will still make movies as Super Troopers pulled in a huge profit for Fox Searchlight. Fox Searchlight could've made more money off Club Dread if they:

A) Promoted it more (I didn't see television spots till a week before it's release).
B) Didn't have it go against The Passion of the Christ.

It was just released at the wrong time. They're fourth film is going into production soon and they're also considering to make a Super Troopers 2 due to the huge fan base of the film. They're not finished, just yet anyway.
Old 03-07-04, 01:30 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Originally posted by Matthew Chmiel
Broken Lizard will still make movies as Super Troopers pulled in a huge profit for Fox Searchlight. Fox Searchlight could've made more money off Club Dread if they:

A) Promoted it more (I didn't see television spots till a week before it's release).
B) Didn't have it go against The Passion of the Christ.

It was just released at the wrong time. They're fourth film is going into production soon and they're also considering to make a Super Troopers 2 due to the huge fan base of the film. They're not finished, just yet anyway.
Wow. You love me, don't ya, Chmiel?

CLUB DREAD was heavily supported by Fox. Radio ads up the wazoo, TV ads, cast press tours... They even snuck GIRL NEXT DOOR partially to get some extra eyes on the DREAD trailer.

And while PASSION took the front pages, I don't think it shared the same demo as CLUB DREAD.

How about C) It wasn't a good movie?
Old 03-07-04, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

CLUB DREAD was heavily supported by Fox. Radio ads up the wazoo, TV ads, cast press tours... They even snuck GIRL NEXT DOOR partially to get some extra eyes on the DREAD trailer.
Wow. I must've missed all the promotions especially hearing no radio spots, I only saw a handful of television spots (and they were mostly on Comedy Central and VH1), and... well I didn't see any cast press tours cause I'm not a member of the press.

I saw The Girl Next Door sneak preview and there was not a single trailer before that film. The theater turned dark and the film began (like most every other sneak preview I have seen).
Old 03-07-04, 02:39 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
If you notice those promotions the marketing on club dread sucked. they made it seem like a sorta Suvrivor where people get killed when it wasn't that at all. They even mention something about guest coming on the island and not going off... well I don't recall any guest dying.

This was marketed wrong. It wasn't a great film by any extent, but it wasn't marketed well either.
Old 03-07-04, 02:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

This was marketed wrong.
The only marketing I saw was with a huge logo saying "This Friday" with the announcer thinking he was at a monster truck rally. So to say that is true too. The marketing spots also promoted heavily that the film would be another Super Troopers. When I went into the film, I was expecting a horror/comedy, not a slapstick humor fest like Super Troopers. This could also be another reason why so many people were disapointed with the film (going in expecting something specifically, and leaving with getting something completely different).
Old 03-07-04, 02:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

...and one more...

. . . . . .
Old 03-07-04, 04:52 PM

club dread was a disappointment, but I love broken lizard so...

imo, I hope broken lizard is only getting started
Old 08-01-05, 10:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,083 Likes on 657 Posts
I just caught this movie on HBO-HD and thought it was great! One of the more enjoyable horror-comedies I have seen in years (with great exception to Shaun of the Dead). How did I miss this one?

By the way...the main chick Brittany Daniel was one of the hottest chicks I have ever seen and she was in the best shape. She was awesomely cut but not too muscular. I couldn't take my eyes off her.
Old 08-02-05, 02:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 221 Likes on 177 Posts
I didn't like the movie the first time I saw it, but I was expecting something similar to Troopers. After seeing it a second time, I thought it was pretty good. Just about everything a 'B' movie should have, as someone else pointed out.

Pac-Man rocked.
Brittany Daniel is smokin' hot.
Multiple deaths are cliche'd, but funny when used in an obvious joke.
Old 08-02-05, 10:00 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
"I guess some girls are just tighter than others."

How can you not love the movie for that one line?!?