Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Broken Lizard's Club Dread Trailer

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Broken Lizard's Club Dread Trailer

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-04, 03:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
If you guys are talking about the chick who played penel-ope, she was all ribs and bad implants. I kinda threw up in my mouth a little when she took her shirt off.
Old 02-29-04, 04:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No Trigger. I'm not talking about Penel-ope (who was played by Cabin Fever's Jordan Ladd), I'm talking about Elena Lyons.

Spoiler:
Elena Lyons is the first female to appear in the film, the one with the brown hair. She's the one going down on the pot head before he's killed, then the blonde hair girl is killed, and then she is killed... cue opening title.

BTW, after much thought, I think the film's "real life depection of the game Pac-Man" is one of the most brilliant things I have ever seen in a major motion picture.
Old 02-29-04, 05:05 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
BTW, after much thought, I think the film's "real life depection of the game Pac-Man" is one of the most brilliant things I have ever seen in a major motion picture.
I couldn't agree with you more. Amazing.
Old 02-29-04, 05:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I don't understand how you guys know the names of all these obscure girls. Does this have something to do with Maxim or Stuff or Spank or whatever?

Anyway - I totally agree about the Pac Man... that was quite brilliant.
Old 02-29-04, 05:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I don't understand how you guys know the names of all these obscure girls. Does this have something to do with Maxim or Stuff or Spank or whatever?
When I was a pathetic little thirteen year old, everyday at 5:30pm, I would watch USA High on USA Network and Elena Lyons was a cast member on it. The show was a pathetic Saved by the Bell rip-off, but I had nothing better to do.

Five years later, how I still remember her name, is pretty much beyond me.
Old 02-29-04, 05:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I think I've seen USA High a few times, but I wouldn't be able to point out someone who was in it let alone remember their name.
Old 02-29-04, 07:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,411 Likes on 1,034 Posts
Not nearly as bad as I was expecting. The jokes did seem to die off after a while, and it tried to turn into a serious slasher flick.

Liked the gratuitous nudity
Old 02-29-04, 10:14 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally posted by Matthew Chmiel
When I was a pathetic little thirteen year old, everyday at 5:30pm, I would watch USA High on USA Network and Elena Lyons was a cast member on it. The show was a pathetic Saved by the Bell rip-off, but I had nothing better to do.

Five years later, how I still remember her name, is pretty much beyond me.
I remember her from that show too. Saved by the Bell ripoffs rule.
Old 03-01-04, 07:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Wasn't there a saved by the bell ripoff called California Dreamin or something where the kids were in a band together and one of the kids was clearly 35 years old and wore a leather jacket and acted all tuff?
Old 03-01-04, 08:02 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Trigger, yes there was a California Dreams. And I think Kelly Packard was in it. Edit to add - just checked and she was. I'm going back to my hole now.
Old 03-01-04, 08:59 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,884 Likes on 1,239 Posts
Originally posted by Trigger
I think I've seen USA High a few times, but I wouldn't be able to point out someone who was in it let alone remember their name.
Sadly, I could probably point out everyone in the main cast except the Lead Male Heartthrob, who's kind of indistinguishable from the Lead Male Heartthrob in all those dozens of other Peter Engel series. Kristen Miller should be pretty easy to spot -- she's gone on to do a bunch of stuff. Angela Visser was once Miss Universe, and she also co-starred in my second favorite Killer Tomatoes flick, Killer Tomatoes Eat France.
Old 03-01-04, 01:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Jordan Ladd has implants?
Old 03-01-04, 09:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Patman
Jordan Ladd has implants?
Obviously. It looked as if they implanted two tennis balls in there.
Old 03-01-04, 11:14 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
penelope had a nice rack, but the blonde chick was hotter. and whats this about the pac man game? i didnt find it that funny. i mean, it didn't look like pac man at all. unless im an idiot, i dont rememer fruit in pacman. only ghosts and dots. and the guy drank from an orange at the end of hte race. how in the shit is this pacman?
Old 03-01-04, 11:17 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

The fruit in Pac Man made you able to eat the Ghosts. Duh!
Old 03-01-04, 11:34 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
sheesh, how wrong can you be? The fruit was bonus points that showed up randomly. the blinking slightly bigger dots are what let you eat ghost. In the case of the real life game, the drinking equaled the blinking dots. duh!
Old 03-01-04, 11:49 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Oops! Stupid fruit!
Old 03-01-04, 11:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Reasons why the game of Pac-Man was brilliantly portrayed in Club Dread:

1. A hedge maze was used.
2. Drinking was involved for the bigger "yellow" dots in able to "eat" the "Ghosts."
3. When said person got to drink, the "Ghosts" went from clothed to being in bikinis.
4. Fruit would come in and out of the maze.
5. The intimate relationship between the Pretzel and Watermelon.
6. The use of actual Pac-Man music.
7. The fact that Broken Lizard actually came up with a "real-life" game of Pac-Man to play at an island resort is genius.
Old 03-01-04, 11:56 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Tru.dat!
Old 03-02-04, 08:13 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
So is it worth seeing the film just to see this live-action Pac-Man game?

Are there more positives than negatives to this film?
Old 03-02-04, 11:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,411 Likes on 1,034 Posts
It's a "B" movie in the best possible way:
boobs, blood and blunts.

And the PacMan bit is very funny.
Old 03-02-04, 11:13 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was shocked at how unfunny this movie was. I LOVED Super Troopers... saw it on opening day and went back a few times...but most of this film just fell flat. Lars and Juan were hilarious, but some of the other characters were just flat.

There are about 5 or 6 good solid laughs...stuff that I would probably even classify as Brilliant...but seeing as ST had the same in the first 10 MINUTES ALONE... I certainly wouldn't call that a recommendation. I hope the next Broken Lizard film can be a bit more even...

MATT

2 out of 5 stars
Old 03-03-04, 12:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally posted by mdc3000
I was shocked at how unfunny this movie was. I LOVED Super Troopers... saw it on opening day and went back a few times...but most of this film just fell flat. Lars and Juan were hilarious, but some of the other characters were just flat.

There are about 5 or 6 good solid laughs...stuff that I would probably even classify as Brilliant...but seeing as ST had the same in the first 10 MINUTES ALONE... I certainly wouldn't call that a recommendation. I hope the next Broken Lizard film can be a bit more even...

MATT

2 out of 5 stars
I thought the same thing as you said, except for the ST comments. I did not like it at all, meanwhile my roomie is a huge fan of the film.
Old 03-03-04, 09:47 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally posted by B.A.
So is it worth seeing the film just to see this live-action Pac-Man game?

Are there more positives than negatives to this film?
don't even bother paying matinee price for this. It's perfect cable fodder.

wow, what an insanely bad movie, a comedy that isn't funny and a horror film that is lame. This movie makes Troma's film look like works of art. Sans the ending, which is a smidgen funny
Spoiler:
the killer's multiple dying sequences
there was nothing I found remotely unique. The humour was bland and pathetic- I chuckled only once. "Super Troopers" was funny, this isn't.

Last edited by Giles; 03-03-04 at 09:58 PM.
Old 03-04-04, 04:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

To each his own I guess, cuz the part you found to be a smidgen funny was the part I found was the most tired and cliche and obvious joke. I thought there was enough there in this film to warrant a viewing, but it's not in any way up to par with ST. I'm gonna pick up the DVD though cuz I have a feeling that it's the type of film that might get funnier upon many repeat viewings.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.