Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Kill Bill Action Figures in 2004

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Kill Bill Action Figures in 2004

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-03, 08:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Boba and Darth Maul at least looked cool. Go-Go is just an asian girl with a huge beak.
Old 12-20-03, 08:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by RyoHazuki7
Whats with all the Go-Go crap? She has about 10 minutes of screen time. There were a bunch of other characters more deserving of a figure than her.
When the company that is designing the Kill Bill toys approached Tarantino for permission, Tarantino said that he would only allow the line to be made if they included a Go Go figure & he had some say in designing it.

And I could understand all the GoGo talk. What's with your hatred of her?
Old 12-20-03, 09:31 PM
Needs to provide a working email

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whats with all the Go-Go crap? She has about 10 minutes of screen time. There were a bunch of other characters more deserving of a figure than her.
Because they know their market. These aren't toys for little kids-- these are toys for adult male geeks. And adult male geeks like Japanese schoolgirls. (Note my post around the middle of the first page). I will without question buy a Go-Go. The others? Maybe, but only if I can get a really good price on them.
Old 12-20-03, 10:06 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
w3rd, but I will of course be buying them all.. now the hard part is to track down all the versions of the crazy 88 fighters.
Old 12-20-03, 10:18 PM
Banned

no mcfarlane = no sale

Although these might be the exception.
Old 12-20-03, 10:25 PM
Needs to provide a working email

Originally posted by Jackskeleton
w3rd, but I will of course be buying them all.. now the hard part is to track down all the versions of the crazy 88 fighters.
Buy a case, Ebay (okay, eBay... or ebaY?) the ones you don't want.
Old 12-20-03, 10:25 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
McFarlane might make detailed figures, but you know what I hate about those.. You are stuck in the position McFarlane likes. you can't pose them, you can't articulate them, you can't do anything with them other then have them sit there in the package position. blah, I like some choice on who black momba's sword is pointing and how go go is standing. atleast other companies provide some sort of movement.
Old 12-20-03, 10:45 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Sessa17
And I could understand all the GoGo talk. What's with your hatred of her?
She's ugly, annoying, has a crappy fight scene but yet recieves high praise from people for her role in Kill Bill. Other oversold villians (such as Boba Fett, Darth Maul, and the Twins from Matrix) at least looked cool and 2 of em even did cool stuff while on screen. Go-go doesn't do any of that.
Old 12-20-03, 11:07 PM
Banned

She's ugly, annoying, has a crappy fight scene but yet recieves high praise from people for her role in Kill Bill. Other oversold villians (such as Boba Fett, Darth Maul, and the Twins from Matrix) at least looked cool and 2 of em even did cool stuff while on screen. Go-go doesn't do any of that.
I liked Go-Go. I liked it when she killed that one dude that wanted to penetrate her.
Old 12-21-03, 10:53 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 732 Likes on 534 Posts
My like for her comes from Battle Royale. I would have preferred Kou Shibasaki, who was more ruthless in Battle Royale than Chiaki Kuriyama, but I can understand what Quentin was looking for. Chiaki can have that sweet innocent look one moment, to cruel, maniacal and sadistic the next.
Old 12-21-03, 10:59 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 732 Likes on 534 Posts
Originally posted by lesterlong
no mcfarlane = no sale

Although these might be the exception.
There are very few exceptions for me... Art Asylum with the CTHD and Trek figures and this NECA company. Johnny Mo better be a figure.

Originally posted by Jackskeleton
McFarlane might make detailed figures, but you know what I hate about those.. You are stuck in the position McFarlane likes. you can't pose them, you can't articulate them, you can't do anything with them other then have them sit there in the package position. blah, I like some choice on who black momba's sword is pointing and how go go is standing. atleast other companies provide some sort of movement.
I can live without articulation.. as long as they have good poses. McFarlane chooses some funked up poses at times. Especially when paired up with another figure.
Old 12-21-03, 03:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Wow, is she not returning your calls? You sound like she personally did somethiing to you. She has a great evil, menacinig look juxtaposed by an innocent school outfit. A child with a young demenor countered by a deadly ability to wield a lethal guillotine is pretty damn cool & I'm sorry you fail to see that while it seems like everyone else does. And what on earth is annoying about her? She was great in KB & deserves all the praise. Everyone seems to see that but you.
Old 12-22-03, 12:43 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Im sorry I hurt your feelings. I just think she's annoying. Im sure other people must too.
Old 12-22-03, 12:45 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

thankfully no one is forcing you to buy her action figure. Like I said before, it's by the orders of QT to have her in the set and these toys aren't for young boys and girls. they know there target audiance, further more, you don't have to buy them, it's a pleasure to actually be able to buy them.
Old 12-22-03, 08:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Sessa17
Wow, is she not returning your calls? You sound like she personally did somethiing to you. She has a great evil, menacinig look juxtaposed by an innocent school outfit. A child with a young demenor countered by a deadly ability to wield a lethal guillotine is pretty damn cool & I'm sorry you fail to see that while it seems like everyone else does. And what on earth is annoying about her? She was great in KB & deserves all the praise. Everyone seems to see that but you.

I'll be getting all of them.
Old 12-26-03, 06:00 PM
Banned

Sweet!
Old 12-26-03, 06:07 PM

They will be mine.
Old 12-26-03, 07:09 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
When/where can we get these?
Old 12-26-03, 07:35 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

in a couple of months. these are just sculptures for the time being.

YAY! they will be mine aswell.
Old 12-26-03, 07:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Anyone heard anything about the prices? Any guestimates?
Old 12-26-03, 07:46 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

typical price range 8.99 to 12.99 each. depends on which store you find them in.
Old 12-26-03, 09:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Much grass, Jack.
Old 12-30-03, 02:31 PM

Crazy 88's

http://www.figures.com/databases/act...ow_article=136
Old 12-30-03, 02:55 PM

Is this a statue or an action figure? It doesn't look like it's 'poseable'

It looks great for an action figure, not that great for a statue though.

I think there should be more blood also- looks like she's standing on snow? (i.e. after she made the crazy 88 the crazy zero)
Old 12-30-03, 04:06 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

It's been a long time since Action figures have had much poseablity. But if you read the article, they have some ability to move around

"Crazy 88 have detachable severed limbs and an alternate right arm and hand for creating different poses."

Last edited by Jackskeleton; 12-30-03 at 04:08 PM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.