Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Just Saw Matrix: Revolutions (Thoughts)

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Just Saw Matrix: Revolutions (Thoughts)

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-03, 12:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 731 Likes on 533 Posts
Spoiler:
I can sort of see Neo as the savior, but I didn't understand how the machines and he come to that agreement about Smith so quickly. I wish we could have seen more of what Smith was trying to do which, it seems, was to end all life, human and machine. I didn't get that feel I guess because I didn't see the machine point of view. It would also seem that Smith should have been smarter than that and by taking over both worlds, he would esentially kill himself. When the end came for Smith, I almost expected Morpheus and a squiddie to shake hands and part ways. The ending was rather anti-climatic between the Oracle and the Architect and I never got that Sita (sp?) was the One. She seemed a product that would allow the machines to understand in human terms.

Overall, I liked it a lot better than Reloaded. I still feel the original Matrix should have been it.
Old 11-05-03, 01:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
somebody told me that at the end of the movie
Spoiler:
Trinity dies
is that true? they saw the sneak peek last night.
Old 11-05-03, 01:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by Rypro 525
somebody told me that at the end of the movie
Spoiler:
Trinity dies
is that true? they saw the sneak peek last night.
Spoiler:
She dies, but not at the end. She's piloting a ship to machine city with Neo and they crash.
Old 11-05-03, 01:27 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's a hundred times better than Reloaded.

But the original Matrix is 1000 times better than both combined.

The only true flaw I could find is that they had 20-30 minutes worth of story stretched out to 2 hours. Not cool.

The ending is pure garbage too.
Old 11-05-03, 01:44 PM

is there anything after the credits?
Old 11-05-03, 02:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by Daytrip
is there anything after the credits?
No. Did you think there would be?
Old 11-05-03, 02:22 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,819 Likes on 1,132 Posts
Originally posted by aroney
It always amazes me how we (critics especially) always tear down something once it rises above cult popularity. The list is endless.

The Matrix series is simply a comic book (Heavy Metal or Metal Hurlant for the french) on the screen. It's that simple. And, as that, it works.

Did we (critics) actually think the mysteries of the universe were going to solved for us? C'mon, get serious.

Thank you!

It's just a movie. Enjoy it for what it is.
Old 11-05-03, 02:35 PM

Originally posted by DonnachaOne
No. Did you think there would be?
no i just didn't want to set through 3 hours of credits to not see anything
Old 11-05-03, 02:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

While it did fall short in a few areas I'm sure when the DVD comes out I'll enjoy it more.

I watch Reloaded 6 times on release day and enjoyed it more and more each time. There is a vast amount to take in and process.

Best movie ever?
Hell no

Best Matrix film?
Not a chance

Best action ever?
Hmmmm....could be

Worth seeing in the theater, buying the DVD, collecting the toys, statues posters, books and other items.
Yes....it's a great trilogy and far more than a mere action film
Old 11-05-03, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

also i read a while back in entertainment weekly about something like a 15 min helicopter chase. is this true? glad to see that there are more gun fights then in reloaded. And please tell me that they got rid of neo flying.
Old 11-05-03, 03:09 PM
Banned

also i read a while back in entertainment weekly about something like a 15 min helicopter chase. is this true? glad to see that there are more gun fights then in reloaded. And please tell me that they got rid of neo flying.
Just go see the movie!
Old 11-05-03, 03:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

alright i;ll shut up and see the movie
Old 11-05-03, 03:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I really do not understand why this movie is getting bashed the way it has. I really enjoyed it, and thought it ended the trilogy nicely.

Why are people having problems with the ending? Was it the way it was shown? do they (you?) feel it was anticlimactic? After my initial viewing, I like Revolutions more than Reloaded.

Going into the movie, I was really wondering if I would have like The Matrix to have been the only film, but I am pleased with how it has played out. I'm looking forward to seeing it on the Imax now .
Old 11-05-03, 04:17 PM

I thought the Neo/Smith final fight was too long but thought the movie was good nonetheless.

I'm looking forward to seeing it on the Imax now .
Same here.
Old 11-05-03, 04:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

What's wrong with Neo flying? It means one thing...

Wachowski's (Warner's Golden Boys) direct Superman.
As long as they don't write the script
'nuff said.
Old 11-05-03, 04:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I thought the movie was really good. Not great, but really good.
Old 11-05-03, 04:42 PM
Suspended

Originally posted by Giantrobo
Thank you!

It's just a movie. Enjoy it for what it is.

I dont' understand this thinking. What if it is bad? How do you enjoy a bad movie? I can take stuff with a grain of salt, watch and enjoy cheese popcorn movies, whatever, but if this is as bad or possiby worse than Reloaded, I'll pass
Old 11-05-03, 04:44 PM

who's to say it's bad? you won't know untill you see it
Old 11-05-03, 04:52 PM

???? yeah i think i saw this too
Spoiler:
but its not in the movie, were they referring to hovercraft chase then?

Anyways I liked the movie, and agent smith just owns too much
He was born to be agentsmith, his mission in this planet is now complete.
Old 11-05-03, 04:54 PM

hugo weaving rules........even as Elrond in LOTR
Old 11-05-03, 05:00 PM

I'm baffled by those here that ask spoiler-heavy questions such as whether
Spoiler:
Trinity dies or not .. or whether Neo dies at the end, or not.
Why would anyone want to know such crucial plot points before the time ?? I just don't get it.

Anyway .. I *really* enjoyed the movie. The action sequences are truly breath-taking, especially the main battle sequence. The Neo / Agent Smith fight sequences were also spectacular, with amazing special effects.

For me it improved on the 2nd movie in that there is much less of the meandering philosophising, and the movie concentrates on action. All in all .. for me, this will be *the* action movie to beat.

I have two gripes with the movie though ..
Spoiler:
the ending, which seems rushed to just have some kind of sweet ending.

Spoiler:
none of the questions posed in the 2nd movie are addressed at all.
... which makes me think that the Matrix won't remain a trilogy. And I for one, will be there to see the next installment should there be one.

Last edited by Saxofonix; 11-05-03 at 05:05 PM.
Old 11-05-03, 05:03 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Since it gives critics an opportunity trot out "witticisms" like:
  • "Please someone, get me the blue pill. I want to forget that this ambitious and noteworthy series is ending so weakly." -- Nell Minow, MOVIE MOM AT YAHOO! MOVIES
  • "So disappointing they may as well have bussed in Ewoks to save Zion." -- Christopher Null, FILMCRITIC.COM
  • "Drunk on itself and the possibilities of cinema to present allegory in grandiloquent gestures and crushing self-importance." -- Walter Chaw, FILM FREAK CENTRAL
  • "The good news is that Neo Christ Superstar is indeed an improvement over its buzz-kill predecessor. The bad news is that it's still terrible." -- Sean Burns, PHILADELPHIA WEEKLY
whew. good stuff there..

Old 11-05-03, 05:26 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Alright..

Let me say this, I thought the first one was a good popcorn flick and should of been left at that. It could of been an excellent film, if just left alone. Then Reloaded came out , and a lot of people, including myself was extremely dissapointed. It was pretenious, boring and all around a diaster. It lost everything the first one had. After that, I had little interest in see'ing the series progress, but I had to see how it ended. Here comes Revolution's... What can I say? It is not near as good as the original Matrix, but it's better than Reloaded - which isn't saying a lot. Most of the film (70% ) doesn't take place in the Matrix, which takes quite abit away from it. The CG is still weak (most notably the machines ripped from Aliens). The acting is still alittle-bit out there , but it somehow seems better than Reloaded. All in all, I didn't enjoy it much, until the end. I loved the Neo Vs Smith fight near the end. It made me want the Washowsi (or however you spell it) direct a new Superman film. They have the flying, the fighting and everything down pat. With all that said, I still don't think this was a fitting way to end the trilogy. Then again, a series like this, that had a great start, medicore middle is bound to dissapoint in the end. There was no clear cut way to end this, and maybe that is why they shouldn't of bothered with the sequels , in my opinion.

And with that said, am I the only one who felt after watching Revolutions, that it seemed like the second one was entirely unnessarcy for the most part? I sat through the second one, all through the pretenious dialouge, the zillion questions it posed and by the end of the third - most of them was either forgotten or truly just void. All the second one seemed to do was interduce 'Kid', 'Serph' (Orcale's Bodyguard), 'The Architech' and 'Merv' (French man). It seems as though Reloaded was nothing but filler, where as the real story started with original and picked back up in Revolutions.

Also , I think it is safe to say they hinted towards a sequel at the end of this one. Will it happen? I don't know. I have to say I doubt it. The series has received a fair amount of backlash since Reloaded came out and now Revolutions, and the only true reason Revolutions is goin' to bring in the money is so people know how it "ends" and that is what WB is banking on. I doubt people will really care if Neo or the gang come back in a few years for another installment. I know I won't.
Old 11-05-03, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
just got back
I really don't know how I feel about it. probably the first movie ever where I left and wasn't sure if it was good or bad
Old 11-05-03, 05:39 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
I'll spoiler this, responds to the three points
Spoiler:
15min helicopter chase? no
I think there were 2 gunfights, unless you count the mecha things
neo and smith both fly

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.