DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   Just Saw Matrix: Revolutions (Thoughts) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/327962-just-saw-matrix-revolutions-thoughts.html)

Flynn 11-04-03 01:59 AM

Just Saw Matrix: Revolutions (Thoughts)

Well, just got back from screening Matrix:Revolutions. I was underwhelmed to say the least. I left the film with more questions than I did coming out of Reloaded, and wasn't blown away by any of the scenes as I was in the first two films. Unfortunately, "Revolutions" is my least favorite of the three now - perhaps a second viewing will help me appreciate it more, but being a huge Matrix fan, I was left with a very flat feeling.

PJsig08 11-04-03 02:04 AM

Me and my friends are all Matrix fans and we have no desire to go see this one. I'm sure we eventually will, but this is just getting bad...

Sick Rick 11-04-03 03:16 AM

Well, Flynn I just saw it early myself, and have to say it was a HUGE disappointment. ( I'm glad it wasn't just me that thought it was "lacking" )WTF? I feel really bad saying that, cause I am a fan, and i feel I have no loyalty to the franchise now, but several things are UNFORGIVEABLE imhp. What were the brothers THINKING?!? Flat is a great choice of words, I don't think I could have thought up a worse way to end the series than the way that they did it.....I want to say I liked it, but I just can't, so I will say I liked PARTS instead................I think I feel depressed, kinda like I just lost a close friend. Please GOD, ( I mean Neo?-heh heh)somebody release another game with tie-in footage, a book, ANYTHING at this point to ease the pain of revolutions....sigh

Jackskeleton 11-04-03 04:08 AM

So...

Spoiler:
Neo die?

Spoiler:
Anything get answered?

Spoiler:
Please don't tell me it ended up being a matrix in a matrix...

For some reason the whole Zero Hour release scares me. it's like not letting the press see your film before hand to review it. I dunno. I would rather have seen it during a midnight screening.

Giantrobo 11-04-03 04:20 AM

Interesting. Robin Quivers from Howard Stern saw it and she said it was great. She said it wrapped up nicely.

I'll judge for myself.

I can see why more and more stars hate the Internet....

raven56706 11-04-03 08:07 AM

i think your going to have to judge for yourself.....

some people liked the Core in these forums so, who knows if this movie sucks or not....

huh? 11-04-03 10:02 AM

If there is a neo "crucifixion" scene, I’m walking out of the theatre.

Kal-El 11-04-03 11:16 AM

Originally posted by Jackskeleton
So...

Spoiler:
Neo die?

Spoiler:
Anything get answered?

Spoiler:
Please don't tell me it ended up being a matrix in a matrix...

For some reason the whole Zero Hour release scares me. it's like not letting the press see your film before hand to review it. I dunno. I would rather have seen it during a midnight screening.

Spoiler:
from what I've read, yes.

Spoiler:
yes, but there's more that don't

Spoiler:
As I understood it, no.

mee2 11-04-03 12:03 PM

Hopefully it'll be better than the last overhyped film released this year (Kill Bill).

ianholm 11-04-03 12:11 PM

Overhyped? I think you meant <i>Hulk</i> or <i>Reloaded</i>

Daytrip 11-04-03 12:14 PM

Originally posted by mee2
Hopefully it'll be better than the last overhyped film released this year (Kill Bill).
don't get your hopes up..........though i liked Kill Bill a lot

Doughboy 11-04-03 12:17 PM

I saw it last night and I was less than impressed. Easily the weakest entry in the series and a cop-out of an ending. The only highlight for me was when
Spoiler:
the Sentinels attack Zion. Once it cuts back to Neo and Trinity though, it's all downhill.

mee2 11-04-03 12:18 PM

Originally posted by ianholm
Overhyped? I think you meant <i>Hulk</i> or <i>Reloaded</i>
No, i'm pretty sure i meant Kill Bill.

matome 11-04-03 12:24 PM

Kill Bill is related to Matrix: Revoultions in what way again?

caiman 11-04-03 12:36 PM

I'm not gonna be seeing this for another 24 hours or so, but there are some things I want to know before going in. Note, I don't really want specifics on these; I mostly just want to know whether or not the movie addresses these questions.

1. Do we find out why Neo can stop the sentinels in the real world?

2. Do we find out why the Agents have been trying to kill Neo, despite the fact that it was explained that Neo is in fact very important to the survival of the machines.

3. Are the issues regarding Neo's true purpose explained any further? (I’m referring to his discussion with the Architect at the end of Reloaded). For that matter, is ANY of the Architect discussion explained in any more detail?

4. At the end, are we left wondering what the hell just happened, or is there a satisfactory conclusion?

Thanks.

PixyJunket 11-04-03 12:43 PM

This threads make me grin. :)

I'll probably go to a Saturday morning show, so I'm ignoring spoilers for now.

Here's hoping "The Brothers" give me plenty of new ammo. ;)

Jackskeleton 11-04-03 12:43 PM

Originally posted by Kal Jedi
Spoiler:
from what I've read, yes.

Well read plenty of stuff myself.. I suppose I was asking those who already got to see it... ;)

mee2 11-04-03 01:08 PM

Originally posted by matome
Kill Bill is related to Matrix: Revoultions in what way again?
Your post was just as useless my friend.
Anyhow, i will be seeing this on Friday, hopefully they've improved on those annoying CG stuntmen from the previous film....

Toad 11-04-03 03:33 PM

I'm going to see it regardless of everyone's opinion here. No offense to anyone in particular, I don't know you at all, but I have the feeling a lot of people are overly critical for the hell of it, or had some high expectations that probably couldn't have been met. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe you're like me and just want some entertainment (minus any confusion). If so, and you still came away feeling like you did, then I'll be in for some trouble. ;)

I hope it does well; and I can't believe that any Matrix "fan" wouldn't go see this based on critics and Internet hype.

Daytrip 11-04-03 03:41 PM

i've never not seen a movie because of any review.

matome 11-04-03 03:47 PM

Originally posted by mee2
Your post was just as useless my friend.
Anyhow, i will be seeing this on Friday, hopefully they've improved on those annoying CG stuntmen from the previous film....

My post was not useless since I was asking how you thought your opinion of Kill Bill would affect my enjoyment of seeing Revolutions. Maybe you had some hidden insight on the two films' relationship that you were willing to share? I was reading the first few posts in this thread to get some MR info and all of a sudden I ended up seeing a bunch of posts about Kill Bill. That is all.

matome 11-04-03 03:51 PM

Originally posted by PixyJunket
This threads make me grin. :)

I'll probably go to a Saturday morning show, so I'm ignoring spoilers for now.

Here's hoping "The Brothers" give me plenty of new ammo. ;)

I've heard they've got an extended rave in there just for your enjoyment! :D:

Terrell 11-04-03 04:44 PM

Overhyped? I think you meant Hulk or Reloaded
The Hulk was not overhyped. In fact, it wasn't hyped much at all.

Jackskeleton 11-04-03 05:17 PM

Originally posted by Terrell
The Hulk was not overhyped. In fact, it wasn't hyped much at all.

You're right, it wasn't over hyped.. it was just terribly edited and generally a bad film.

Terrell 11-04-03 06:51 PM

You're right, it wasn't over hyped.. it was just terribly edited and generally a bad film.
According to you. This is a film made for adults Jack. Simple-minded folks better stick to Spidey. :p:D