Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Swing Kids

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-03, 07:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Swing Kids

Anyone else enjoy this film as much as I did? It seems as though it's very underated considering I never hear anyone say anything about it. Anyways, those of you who have seen it what do you think? Those of you that didn't you can get it dirt cheap for $6.99 at DDD, here's the link.
Old 08-13-03, 08:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey Ignite-
(I'll try this again) My wife and I really enjoyed "Swing Kids." In fact, when it first came out on DVD, I made sure I went out and picked it up. We got ours at our local Best Buy for like $6.99/$7.99 tops. Just to let you know, its a "bare bones" presentation and the sound is only in surround ( 2.0) but it still looks and sounds very good and you can't beat the price. So if you like it as much as us ( I like jazz/big band and that time period ( Art Deco) its worth a purchase, you won't be disappionted. Well, that's my two cents..Enjoy!
Old 08-13-03, 10:58 PM

Yep, I liked SK the first time I saw it long ago and have watched it many more times since...I also bought the dvd on release day...great film that's not talked about a lot...plus Christian Bale's in it!
Old 08-14-03, 02:07 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Swing Kids is a great movie, have watched it many times since it was originally released. Wish there was a better release for it, never looked out of the R1 region for it though, maybe there is something else better out there.
Old 08-14-03, 09:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Nice to see I'm not the only one on the planet who thought this was an undeserved failure. (It took in less than $6 mllion during its run in 1993.)
Old 08-14-03, 11:01 AM
Banned

I enjoyed this movie and bought the dvd. Unbelievable price! I was pleasantly surprised to see it was anamorphic as well!