Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Narc -- Ray Liotta, Jason Patric

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Narc -- Ray Liotta, Jason Patric

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-09, 10:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,083 Likes on 657 Posts
re: Narc -- Ray Liotta, Jason Patric

Okay, I just finished watching this for the 2nd time (saw it years ago when it first came out on dvd) and I forgot a major plot point that bugged the hell out of me when I originally saw it.

Someone please explain why
Spoiler:
Liotta's character is trying to solve the case of who killed his partner when he knows what went down the whole time? He states that he didn't want anyone to know his partner was a druggie cause his wife would get no benefits, but they already tried to close the case cleanly in the middle of the movie. Why reopen it and keep tracking down a killer that he knows doesn't exist? Why try to coerce a confession from these guys?

Maybe he wants to keep them from telling that the cop was a junkie, but it appears everyone on the street knew that was the case. I know this came out around the time that "twists" were the hot thing, but this twist really makes no sense unless I am really overlooking something.

I love the grittiness of the movie and the acting is great. But the above plot hole really knocks it down a huge notch for me. What am I overlooking?
Old 12-29-09, 09:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by danol
If you like Jason Patrick he was in another one called RUSH with Jenifer Jason Leigh, Greg Allman, and Sam Elliott.

P.S. I watch these DVD to see what I was after my career ending accident and all my friends seen I was in sitting in a wheelchair at my local roller rink. Here take this, you got the wrong cigarette
after a year I was burnt out and feeling no pain but I was broke.

Watch these DVD but don't get the itch to try thinking you can't get addited if you do your dead wrong in a New York minute. The only thing I didn't do was mainline some brown or china white Heroin. All the rest you can think of except Exstasy and I crawled out of using it all to get rid of the thought of never walking again!

Year was July of 1985 to June 1986, I have stayed clean for 17 years now, now am just addicted to hanging out on the internet. I will watch Narc or Rush to remind me no human being can beat it!

Just like Tony Montana the idea is don't get high on your own supply, and the character Al Pacino played did get high on his own supply and
Spoiler:
killed his best friend, he didn't even give him time to explain he married his sister, just gunned him down if front if his sister that told him they were married. She asked if he wanted 'her' then she started shooting first. Tony never felt any pain using a 8 ball or 1/8 of a ounce a day.
Old 12-29-09, 09:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The best part of danol's post is what is written underneath his name. Who was the genius that decided to put that?

I liked Narc when it came out, bought the DVD, watched it once, traded it in when I needed some cash and haven't watched it since.
Old 12-29-09, 10:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,215 Likes on 2,074 Posts

Originally Posted by BadlyDrawnBoy
Carnahan must have some good on Tom Cruise or Paula Wagner

He's directing Mission Impossible 3 .
Can't wait to see it!
Old 12-29-09, 10:44 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ok..cuz..this is before my time..but was this Danol guy like this all the time?! Jesus..wtf was that about?! lol.
Old 12-30-09, 03:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Solid Snake PAC
Ok..cuz..this is before my time..but was this Danol guy like this all the time?! Jesus..wtf was that about?! lol.
Danol posts were like the times I dropped acid. Sometimes fun, often scary, usually incomprehensible, but always weird.

I always wonder about where he is now.
Old 12-30-09, 03:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,215 Likes on 2,074 Posts

My guess is he's in some dumpster somewhere looking for empty DVD cases. He was in a wheelchair too if I remember correctly which makes his dumpster diving that much more impressive.
Old 12-30-09, 05:44 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Are you serious? He was in a wheelchair? hahaha. I mean..not to laugh but...that's just funny.