Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

News Flash: Fox to Release DVD 6 weeks after Movie Release of "Justin and Kelly"

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

News Flash: Fox to Release DVD 6 weeks after Movie Release of "Justin and Kelly"

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-03, 09:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
• Quoth William Fuld •<HR SIZE=1>Hollywood Homicide, Dumb and Dumberer, Rugrats Go Wild <HR SIZE=1>

Not much direct competition, but if Dumb and Dumberer comes in at PG-13 like its predecessor, it should eat up some of it. Considering the lack of direct competition and the fact that it's tailored specifically for the summer season, I'll say it grosses $7,000.00 during opening weekend.

das

Yes, that's a period.
Old 05-28-03, 11:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 46 Likes on 28 Posts
Theater Owners Balk at 'Idol' Flick

Some theater owners are balking at screening the upcoming 20th Century Fox movie From Justin to Kelly after learning that Fox plans to release it on DVD just six weeks after it runs in theaters, the Wall Street Journal reported today (Wednesday). The movie, scheduled for release on June 13, stars Kelly Clarkson and Justin Guarini, the winner and runner-up respectively in the first season of American Idol. According to the newspaper, theater owners are concerned that studios may decide to use a similar strategy with other films in order to boost DVD sales. Noting that the average "window" from theatrical release to DVD release is about five months, the Journal indicated that theater owners are worried that if moviegoers become aware that the DVD will be released in only a short time, they will skip the in-theater experience. Fox execs, however, said that the quickly produced movie was an attempt to exploit the popularity of the series while it is still fresh in the minds of audiences -- as is the quick release of the DVD.
Old 05-29-03, 02:31 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 269 Likes on 204 Posts
Originally posted by das Monkey
• Quoth William Fuld •<HR SIZE=1>Hollywood Homicide, Dumb and Dumberer, Rugrats Go Wild <HR SIZE=1>

Not much direct competition, but if Dumb and Dumberer comes in at PG-13 like its predecessor, it should eat up some of it. Considering the lack of direct competition and the fact that it's tailored specifically for the summer season, I'll say it grosses $7,000.00 during opening weekend.

das
I don't know, Hollywood Homicide could take a huge chunk of the teen audience. Teenage girls, like my sister, are going to go to a Josh Hartnett movie over the AI movie.

This thread has been hilarious. The mcbg1 posts are the only reason I check out these threads.

Last edited by MrX; 05-29-03 at 02:37 AM.
Old 05-29-03, 03:38 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Originally posted by mcbg1
well I think you don't know anyone inside Fox and 19 Entertainment so you're opinion is wrong.

They have faith in this movie and they will stick by it.

Actually I know someone inside of fox. I worked there off and on through those connections on various projects here and there. From what I hear, they really don't want to flesh it out and want to do a quick hit and run squeezing as much as they can before the fad fades away.
Old 05-29-03, 04:04 AM
DVD Talk Hero - 2023 TOTY Award Winner

Received 2,193 Likes on 1,233 Posts
This movie would be a lot better if it had Scott Baio in it.
Old 05-29-03, 07:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Old 05-29-03, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by JustinS
This movie would be a lot better if it had Scott Baio in it.
And it would be infinitely better if it had Scott Baio AND Willie Aames in it.
Old 05-29-03, 10:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 704 Likes on 434 Posts
And it would be infinitely better if it had Scott Baio AND Willie Aames in it.
Are you thinking along the lines of Zapped: 20 Years Later or Charles In Charge Again?

Or Bibleman Meets Chachi?
Old 05-29-03, 11:18 AM
Banned

mcbg1-

If you're so tight with Kelly would you please carry this message to her:

Tell her that I think she sucks hard, her fame is bogus, her music sucks, that she's a corporate concoction with zero talent, and that American Idol is the worst show on television...EVER.

And if you're so sure this film film will be a hit why don't you put your money where your mouth is? If the American Idol movie is #1 on it's opening weekend I'll buy you the DVD when it comes out (3 weeks later). And if it's not #1 you buy me the DVD of my choice (under $25).
Old 05-29-03, 11:24 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Matt Millheiser
Are you thinking along the lines of ......Bibleman Meets Chachi?

That's GOLD!!! Box Office records would shatter with that one. I say we write to whomever and get it greenlighted.
Old 05-29-03, 11:27 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally posted by Pants
mcbg1-

If you're so tight with Kelly would you please carry this message to her:

Tell her that I think she sucks hard, her fame is bogus, her music sucks, that she's a corporate concoction with zero talent, and that American Idol is the worst show on television...EVER.

And if you're so sure this film film will be a hit why don't you put your money where your mouth is? If the American Idol movie is #1 on it's opening weekend I'll buy you the DVD when it comes out (3 weeks later). And if it's not #1 you buy me the DVD of my choice (under $25).
Old 05-29-03, 12:01 PM
Banned

Pants how many times will I have to tell you that your mother doesn't want you to go on a computer past your bedtime

Seriously what you said is horrible but I don't care if that's what makes you feel better, good for you hehe.
Old 05-29-03, 12:14 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
This just in from the wire: Mariah Carey will appear in the film doing a cameo as herself, in which she will literally poop on her fans! Says Carey of the appearance: "Well, it's been something I've done figuratively for years, I figure I might as well commit myself to it completely." Kelly Clarkson is also excited about the cameo, saying "We all know that Mariah is a great singer, dancer, and actress. Now we get to finally get to see where her true talent lies." Added Clarkson: "OMG!"
Old 05-29-03, 12:16 PM
Banned

Cool beans
Old 05-29-03, 12:34 PM
Banned

Pants how many times will I have to tell you that your mother doesn't want you to go on a computer past your bedtime

Seriously what you said is horrible but I don't care if that's what makes you feel better, good for you hehe.
Bedtime? It's 9:30 in the morning.
Old 05-29-03, 12:34 PM
Banned

You should be at school darling then hurry up
Old 05-29-03, 12:38 PM
Banned

So is the bet on?
Old 05-29-03, 12:42 PM
Banned

No because I have maturity and dignity.

I never said the movie would be #1, I just said it wouldn't be a flop. So the bet is off
Old 05-29-03, 12:43 PM
Banned

And if the movie is a flop I won't be mad. I will respect your prediction.

I will still enjoy the movie though.
Old 05-29-03, 12:47 PM
Banned

But if you're so sure of the films success this is your chance to score a free dvd.

We can redesign the terms of the wager. Let's make it where it has to reach a fixed dollar amount in domestic grosses by the 3rd week of release or something.
Old 05-29-03, 12:48 PM
Banned

I will still enjoy the movie though.
How can you be so sure? When we prejudge the film to be awful based on TV commercials you tell us we're ass holes. But when you prejudge it to be good that's okay? I don't get it.

Last edited by Pants; 05-29-03 at 12:53 PM.
Old 05-29-03, 12:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero - 2023 TOTY Award Winner

Received 2,193 Likes on 1,233 Posts
Pants how many times will I have to tell you that your mother doesn't want you to go on a computer past your bedtime.
No because I have maturity and dignity.
Okie doke.
Old 05-29-03, 12:52 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
mcbg1, Usually when people put there foot in there mouth like you have been doing about this AI crap, they like to settle it in an adult manner. A bet like this (1 dvd for 1 dvd) seems fair, and you do complain that people are not acting mature in these threads yet you resort to stupid comments to pants about how it's past his bedtime.. Usually in the sports forum they wager on each other's sig.

I don't know about everyone else, But it would be pretty entertaining to pick your signiture if by chance you lose the bet. either way, Respond to everyone else with some level of respect if you expect to get any back.
Old 05-29-03, 12:56 PM
Banned

I know I enjoyed the movie because I've been to a test screening of it in New York last month.

I'm not gonna give money to someone else because the movie could flop. I'm positive it'll be a moderate success but if it isn't, that's too bad but I'm not gonna pay someone for it lol.
Old 05-29-03, 12:56 PM
Banned

and as of today, i've replied to everybody with respect unless they've been disrespectful before.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.