Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

spider-man 2 in about 20 years

Old 02-26-03, 07:36 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

spider-man 2 in about 20 years

marvel sues sony

i guess we will have to wait oh about another 20 years before they get this one out of court like the first spider-man
Old 02-26-03, 07:47 PM
Banned

Location: John "57 Varieties" Kerry represents me in the US Senate.
Er....Tobey Maguire might lose some of his boyish charm by then.

Yeah, it was a ridiculously long time that the idea for a Spider-Man movie was kicked around. I think I even heard that James Cameron and Tom Cruise were attached to the project at one point!

This is really bad news. I know there seems to be a growing backlash against it, but I thought Spider-Man was awesome and would love to have a sequel.
Old 02-26-03, 07:55 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

"The complaint is not an attempt to stop production of the Spider-Man sequel slated for May 2004 nor is it an attempt to change or upset any of the merchandising/licensing deals that are in place for the sequel. Additionally, while the litigation is not expected to have any material negative impact on Marvel's financial results or on its guidance for 2003 and beyond, a successful resolution of the matter would be anticipated to have a positive financial effect upon Marvel's future operations. Given confidentiality requirements related to the agreement, Marvel is unable to comment further on the matter."

Seeing as how the success of Spider-Man was good for both sides, i doubt this would have any effect on getting the sequel made.
Old 02-26-03, 08:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Wow, post misleading thread titles often? This won't stop Spidey 2 from getting made.
Old 02-26-03, 09:16 PM
Banned

Location: John "57 Varieties" Kerry represents me in the US Senate.
Oh! It seems I overreacted!
Old 02-26-03, 09:44 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
A link and a title change might be a good thing..
Old 02-27-03, 08:32 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I think the suit needs to be open to the public. I'm just really curious about what Marvel is suing over.

Probably something extremely lame in an attempt to make some extra cash money.
Old 02-27-03, 08:39 AM

Thread title doesn't describe what's actually happening, the original post doesn't even give the story.
Old 02-27-03, 09:17 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

That's why you go to this thread.... http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=273614

The 1 & O!
Old 02-27-03, 09:26 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Originally posted by White Knight
That's why you go to this thread.... http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=273614

The 1 & O!
Then I guess this thread should just be closed down cause hey.... all the spidey news goes on that thread.... I would hope that a thread about the event would have some sort of link to a story instead of just making a silly comment about it.
Old 02-27-03, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by inVectiVe
I think I even heard that James Cameron and Tom Cruise were attached to the project at one point!
I don't know about Tom Cruise. But yes, Cameron was actually attached to the project for over a decade. He was slated to write and direct from the beginning. Finally, after a million years of court battles when the movie was greenlit, Cameron had already had enough.
Old 02-27-03, 12:32 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

which was a good thing