Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

The Unpopular MOVIE Opinion Thread

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

The Unpopular MOVIE Opinion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-03, 11:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hated TPM and AOTC, oh wait, that's not unpopular...

On topic:

FOTR is overrated, TTT is not.
Matrix = Gap commercial on steroids

Love A League of Their Own
Old 02-06-03, 11:17 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Giles
two words: "Chasing Amy"

The over the top praise for this movie, I simply do not understand. One the worst movies I ever subjected myself to.
The inane dialogue, and the female protagonist's voice just made my head hurt.
inane??? u probably don't carry w/ you the brain to understand/comprehend the dialogue... VOCABULARY... it's a ridiculously smart film... not to mention hilarious... sheesh... voice...little annoying, yes... but...movie...soundz like it's too smart ...for u! (****)
Old 02-06-03, 11:21 PM
Banned

Originally posted by caiman
I hate Kevin Smith and pretty much everything he has made. His characters just aren't funny, and he needs to lose weight.

The Blair Witch Project is one of the greatest horror films ever made.

American History X is a pretentous piece of after school special fluff.

Anyone who likes Steven King's version of The Shining needs to have their head examined.

I feel like Larry King.
Kevin smith......all is funny...and wow....thatz a pretty cheap diss... *duh* "he needs to lose weight" ... very formal movie talk there (SARCASM).... and american history x = fluff... forgive me... but that is the single dumbest thing i've ever heard... fluff??? ha, that is a punch in the face movie about how our world is messed up w/ racist retards and bad movie 'fans' like u !!! lol
Old 02-06-03, 11:30 PM
Suspended

Originally posted by Robert
John Carpenter's Ghosts of Mars; not a single line of intelligent or witty dialogue in the film.
Now that's an easy shot - Carpenter hasnt made a good film since They Live back in '88.
Old 02-06-03, 11:32 PM

Minority Report is a really really bad bad movie with a horrible view of the future and I won't say it was the worst of all time or any of that because i have seen far worse...when he was losing his eyes i secretly wished that could have been me....

Psycho Remake > Psycho

Patch Adams is a terrible movie!!

Cast Away was painful to watch.

Grease is one of the more annoying movies i have ever sat through

To my knowledge Elvis never made a good film.

Men In Black II was baaaaaad

Eyes Wide Shut is good

Bebe's Kids is good

there i am done
Old 02-06-03, 11:41 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by raKim

Patch Adams is a terrible movie!!
I think this is a very popular opinion. If not, it should be.
Old 02-06-03, 11:47 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by ShaqKob
Kevin smith......all is funny...and wow....thatz a pretty cheap diss... *duh* "he needs to lose weight" ... very formal movie talk there (SARCASM).... and american history x = fluff... forgive me... but that is the single dumbest thing i've ever heard... fluff??? ha, that is a punch in the face movie about how our world is messed up w/ racist retards and bad movie 'fans' like u !!! lol
The weight thing was obviously a joke, and not meant to be "formal movie talk", especially since this thread is anything but. And yes, American History X is fluff. But you obviously bought into it. OK, that's fine, most people do. But you crossed the line in calling me a racist. Adding a ****ing smilie face doesn't change the fact that you just insulted me more than you could possibly know.
Old 02-06-03, 11:57 PM
Banned

woah... out of context... i called u a 'bad movie fan', it's a joke... settle down... the movie talks about rascists...not u... u know... nazis...=rascists...have u seen ahx..??? because thatz what it deals w/ ... RASCISTs... sheesh... *shake fists*
Old 02-07-03, 12:04 AM

woah... out of context... i called u a 'bad movie fan', it's a joke... settle down... the movie talks about rascists...not u... u know... nazis...=rascists...have u seen ahx..??? because thatz what it deals w/ ... RASCISTs... sheesh... *shake fists*
"...our world is messed up w/ racist retards and bad movie 'fans' like u"

If that's not what you meant, learn to ****ing type.
Old 02-07-03, 12:16 AM

"greats" i disliked - requiem for a dream, boogie nights, 2001, much more, i am lazy atm.
Old 02-07-03, 12:57 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by WiccanPagan
"greats" i disliked - requiem for a dream, boogie nights, 2001, much more, i am lazy atm.
I actually disliked everything mentioned here too.
Old 02-07-03, 12:59 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I dislike Woody Allen (nothing he ever did was of my liking) and George Lucas (I wouldn't know where to start).
Old 02-07-03, 01:07 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I think ShaqKob needs to re-read the very first post on this thread:

Same rules apply, no flaming for opinions expressed here, though some smart ass comments are perfectly welcome.
Old 02-07-03, 01:48 AM
Banned

Personal Attacks are not allowed at DVDTalk.

Last edited by Blake; 02-08-03 at 12:34 PM.
Old 02-07-03, 02:14 AM

Well, I think we all know which of us won't be a member here at DVDTalk come tomorrow.

Last edited by Blake; 02-08-03 at 12:35 PM.
Old 02-07-03, 02:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
I saw a test audience screening of Clerks and I thought it was terrible... it tried waaaaay too hard, it was pseudointellectual cinematic masturbation. I've seen it dozens of times and it's just one of those movies that I can see over and over... I worked at a video store when that came out and the co-workers liked to watch it. The acting is just terrible - they were reading off a poorly written script instead of acting. I think the whole Silent Bob thing was never funny - it was ripped off of something else - he's silent the whole movie and then he says something and it's supposed to make him look wise or something, but it's just a stupid observation. Mallrats was funny though. :/ Chasing Amy was dumb - obviously (to me) written by someone who doesn't understand people very well.

I liked Doom Generation. I also liked Powder even though the whole thing was so obviously a metaphor for some gay guy dying of aids.

I think the only Halloween movie worth watching is the third one.

I thought A.I. was stupid.

Lake Placid is a great movie.

Tara Reid is the ugliest and most annoying talentless ho ever to be recorded on film.

I think Corey Feldman is less annoying than Corey Haim.

I like Michael Bay movies.

Criterion is overpriced for what you get...

Buffalo 66 is pure genius... Matrix Bullet Time before the Matrix is the least impressive thing about this film.

I think keanu Reeves is a good actor.

Dumb and Dumber wasn't funny at all... but Kingpin was hilarious.

I dunno - could go on forever... all my opinions tend to be unpopular.
Old 02-07-03, 02:36 AM

I hate Quentin Tarantino movies,

I turned off LOTR,

and Criterion hasn't realeased a single movie I'm the least bit interested in owning - except for perhaps Armageddon. Ha! Two strikes in one!
Old 02-07-03, 06:30 AM

Adam Sandler, Rob Schneider, Will Farrell, Chris Kattan, Molly Shannon, Tim Meadows, and every other SNL wannabe actor since Eddie Murphy (and sometimes him too) should be legally prevented from EVER appearing in a movie again.

-doc
Old 02-07-03, 06:43 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Amelie was also one of the biggest pieces of crap i've ever seen.It's so damn boring.Wat godawful piece of junk that was.I'd rather be dead then watch 10 seconds of that crap.
Old 02-07-03, 07:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by ChemDoc
Adam Sandler, Rob Schneider, Will Farrell, Chris Kattan, Molly Shannon, Tim Meadows, and every other SNL wannabe actor since Eddie Murphy (and sometimes him too) should be legally prevented from EVER appearing in a movie again.

-doc
um - this is supposed to be UNPOPULAR opinion - not OPINION THAT EVERYONE SHARES. My opinion of those people is unpopular cuz I like Adam Sandler movies.

by the way - Grand Canyon was boring.
Old 02-07-03, 07:54 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
This coming from somebody who can't even spell a simple three-letter word like "YOU."

Last edited by Blake; 02-08-03 at 12:35 PM.
Old 02-07-03, 08:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The only good movies Woody Allen ever made were "Zelig" and "The Purple Rose of Cairo". Made durring his brief "Golden Age" of the mid 80's.
Old 02-07-03, 08:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
While I enjoyed Matrix a little bit.. I have to agree with Jepthah, both it and Spiderman are pretty much fanboy circle-jerk movies.

Oooh yeah Bruce Campbell cameo OOOH oh yeah yeah.. OOoh, hot MTV top 10 soundtrack.. OooH ooooooh USELESS NIPPLE SHOT OOOOOOAOOAAAAARRGGGHHHH!~!~~~
Old 02-07-03, 09:05 AM

Originally posted by sherm42
And also, Scream is one of the best horror films of all time. The first one that is.
Glad to see others think so as well. This is the film that got me into watching films. I also agree with your opinion on Ghost World.

My submission is Raising Arizona. This film was so horrible. It had a few good one liners but the plot and characters did nothing for me at all. The other three Coen Bros. films I have seen I really enjoyed. That being The Big Lebowski, Fargo, & O' Brother Where Art Thou?
Old 02-07-03, 09:33 AM

I think I'm one of the few people on this planet who likes "1941." I remember the first time I saw that ferris wheel scene at the end - I was laughing so hard my eyes were watering.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.