Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Batman Begins (D: Nolan)

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Batman Begins (D: Nolan)

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-03, 02:33 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I liked George Clooney as Batman but that didn't make the film good.
Old 09-12-03, 03:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by digitalfreaknyc
Not Buff enough?

Rent American Psycho.

Hell, just take a look at the international version of the DVD and you'll see what i'm talking about.
he was pretty lean/mean in reign of fire too... tho he was lookin a lil weak compared to MM.

j
Old 09-12-03, 03:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Deftones
Shit is now allowed on the forum.

Holy shit!!! Really? That is the best news I've heard since that time when they announced that Christian Bale would be the next Batman.
Old 09-12-03, 04:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

shiiiiiiitttt....

Old 09-12-03, 05:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Hell yes - this is one of the most sensible things I have heard all day long. I have been a fan of Bale's since Empire of the Sun and I can easily imagine him playing the Dark Knight. And I have always been supportive of Nolan since they made that announcement. to David Goyer, too.

and thank god Jake Gyllenhaal won't be bringing his dopey-look to the franchise - that would have been suckekekeke.
Old 09-12-03, 08:58 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 918 Likes on 651 Posts
My dream Batman movie would have been the Knight's Fall/End storyline. Bale would have been a good Batman turning evil into Azrael. And the older Bruce/Batman, I like Kurt Russel for that role. He looks ragged and can definitely kick some ass.

anyway, don't get your hopes up, they had actors, directors, writers, and scripts for Superman Lives as well.
Old 09-12-03, 09:25 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What villian should Batman next face (and acted by who)

I think Chris Walken as Scarecrow would be good, Johnny Depp would also be a good choice for the scarecrow. A return of the Joker is another rumored possibility but I think it would hard; if not impossible, to replace Nicholson. Here are a few people who could possibly do half as good as Jack (which would be better than most: Anthony Hopkins & Bob Deniro (both a little old but..), Nicholas Cage, Edward Norton. Even a cameo or limited Joker role would be nice.
Your Thoughts?
Old 09-12-03, 09:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2,250 Likes on 1,531 Posts
Yeah, Walken as Scarecrow could be good.

How about Batman finally facing Bat-Mite. The guy who played Mini-Me can play him (I forget the little bastards name)
Old 09-12-03, 09:37 PM
Suspended

How about Dr. Doom, played (in voice only) by james earl jones.

Bruce. I am your father!
Old 09-12-03, 09:56 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Walken as Scarecrow , only problem being Walken already portrayed Max Shrek in Batman Returns.

Dr.Doom is a Marvel character.
Old 09-12-03, 09:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by necros
How about Dr. Doom, played (in voice only) by james earl jones.

Bruce. I am your father!
Wrong universe
Old 09-12-03, 09:59 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

As a devoted Batman fan, I don't know how to take this. In an idea world, Keaton would come back and so would Burton. However, that isn't going to happen.

Bale is musclar enough and he has proven he can look good durin' on screen fights. He can play the snob also, that I picture Bruce Wayne being . At the same time, he just doesn't "look" the part.
Old 09-12-03, 10:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts
I brought up Walken as Scarecrow in the the Bale as Batman thread (and the Max Shrek role was mentioned). I'll repeat that here.

Also, after reading this thread, I would love to see Edward Norton in the role. Or even better, Steve Buscemi.

Or best yet, Steve Buscemi as the alter ego, and Christopher Walken as Scarecrow proper.

Who ever it is, I hope to see some form of the Scarecrow character.
Old 09-12-03, 11:07 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'm unfamiliar with characters like Scarecrow and Rahs ah Gul (sp?). I don't read the Batman comics, so could anyone lead me to an online source that may give a little of background on these two characters, and maybe some more of the non-mainstream (Joker, Riddler, Penguin...at least those are the only ones I know of...) villains who may show up in the next Bat-film? Thanks in advance.
Old 09-12-03, 11:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 703 Likes on 433 Posts
Originally posted by LivingINClip
As a devoted Batman fan, I don't know how to take this. In an idea world, Keaton would come back and so would Burton. However, that isn't going to happen.

Bale is musclar enough and he has proven he can look good durin' on screen fights. He can play the snob also, that I picture Bruce Wayne being . At the same time, he just doesn't "look" the part.
And Keaton did?

I liked Keaton as Batman a lot, he certainly had the gravitas and the intensity, but I remember all too well the fan backlash of 1988 when they announced Keaton had won the role of the Dark Knight.

And Ani DiFranco rules.
Old 09-12-03, 11:35 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Tired of all these villians who tend to break out into ridiculous comic routines.

How about batman vs. something more substantial. Something really evil. A real villian.

How about batman vs. our current political system?

-or-

just a really good actor.

Batman vs. de niro? De niro hasn't played a good villian in a long while.
Old 09-12-03, 11:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

i really don't care who they pick, i just want them to pick ONE villan. i am tired of them trying to make superhero movies with so many darn characters in them. one of the things i thought made spider man so successful was that they only had one villan instead of the many they had in the last few batman movies.
Old 09-13-03, 12:14 AM
Banned

Spoiler:
Joker fell off the roof and died, how can you have a return of the joker?.
I think it would be stupid to have come him come back even tho hes the coolest villian of the batman movies. Thats where they screwed up in the first Batman, they shoulda had him A) escape in the chopper or B)Joker would be arrested by the cops and then someone busted him out or something.
Old 09-13-03, 12:21 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Throw out the other movies and bring back Joker...this time through him in the Asylum at the end. Get Robin Williams to play him.
Old 09-13-03, 02:02 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally posted by KillaBeez
Spoiler:
Joker fell off the roof and died, how can you have a return of the joker?.
I think it would be stupid to have come him come back even tho hes the coolest villian of the batman movies. Thats where they screwed up in the first Batman, they shoulda had him A) escape in the chopper or B)Joker would be arrested by the cops and then someone busted him out or something.
That isn't of consequence since the movie takes place in Batman's early days. Of course, since the first movie showed Joker's origin it would be a little strange as well. Either way, we're not sure yet if this movie (and hopefully furthur sequels) will throw out the timeline created by the first four movies are treat them like they never exist (ala the new Superman)
Old 09-13-03, 03:32 AM
Banned

Originally posted by LivingINClip
At the same time, he just doesn't "look" the part.
Is that the most important aspect for you? Or the only aspect.
Old 09-13-03, 07:43 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
What about Batman vs. Excess and Moral Decay of the 1980s? You could show a lot of scenes of Bruce Wayne working in the corporation, analyzing people's business cards, and slowly going insane.
Old 09-13-03, 09:21 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Jason Isaacs as Ras Al Ghul would rule.
Old 09-13-03, 11:15 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 165 Likes on 118 Posts
It's about time they brought back some of the classic Bat-villains from the '60s. Who could resist Egghead or the Bookworm? C'mon, I can't be alone here...
Old 09-13-03, 11:37 AM

Originally posted by Matt Millheiser
And Ani DiFranco rules.
Hey capt. Out-of-context.
Yes yes she does... she is one riotous babe, but I am straining to see what that has to do with batman.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.