Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Batman Begins (D: Nolan)

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Batman Begins (D: Nolan)

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-03, 04:40 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
great news....BAle seems like the perfect choice for this role..can't wait until this movie finally gets released
Old 09-11-03, 04:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 626 Likes on 482 Posts
So wishful thinking isn't a waste of time!

I'm glad Christian Bale, my number one choice for the next Batman, is doning the cape and cowl. This is the best news in a long time!
Old 09-11-03, 04:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Definitely sounds like fun. I'm there.
Old 09-11-03, 06:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
I'll chime in with the others and say this sounds very promising. Bale has the look and the range to be a great Batman.
Old 09-11-03, 08:28 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

and plus his nipples are all ready for the suit.
Old 09-11-03, 09:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Just to add levity to the geekasm going on.....not a single frame has been shot......who knows how much of the script has been completed.

I've seen plenty of movies with so much potential come out and stink up the joint, lets not annoint this the best Batman movie ever before they even have...oh, I dunno, the rest of the cast.

Old 09-11-03, 10:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts
Bale is an under-rated actor. If this film gets made right, maybe he will start getting more rolls.

Ok, villians.... Scarecrow? With Christopher Walken playing him.

Last edited by SunMonkey; 09-11-03 at 11:18 PM.
Old 09-11-03, 10:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Um, Walken was already in "Batman Returns"... He's had his batman role already..

Last edited by Kicker_of_Elves; 09-12-03 at 01:17 AM.
Old 09-11-03, 11:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Oh. There can be four different Batmans and all of a sudden Walken can't be a major villian? It's not like he would look like Christopher Walken....
Old 09-11-03, 11:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Well, Bale was one of my top choices for playing a young Batman, so this is excellent news.

Now, if Ras Al Ghul is going to be the baddie, they simply must get Jason Isaacs to play him. That would rock!
Old 09-12-03, 12:27 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Groucho
Holy Shit,
He's so funny he got past the mods. I thought profanities were illegal in Utah?
Old 09-12-03, 12:39 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts
Originally posted by RyoHazuki7
He's so funny he got past the mods. I thought profanities were illegal in Utah?
Shit is now allowed on the forum.

As for Bale, this is awesome news. There was word he was holding out to be the successor for the Bond role, but screw that. Batman is going to be a great franchise again now that Nolan and Goyer are attached. Bale has been one of my favorites since American Psycho, and I couldn't be more happy to hear this.
Old 09-12-03, 01:02 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Deftones
Shit is now allowed on the forum.
Holy shit! Are you serious?
Old 09-12-03, 01:22 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by SunMonkey
Oh. There can be four different Batmans and all of a sudden Walken can't be a major villian? It's not like he would look like Christopher Walken....
Now that ya say it like that, i guess there isnt reason why he couldnt do it. I really hate the fact that there is now 4 Different Batman's, Keaton was fine and i kinda liked Kilmer also.

I'm looking forward to seeing Bale as the Dark Knight, but i honestly think he would have been a hell of a Bond..
Old 09-12-03, 02:32 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Shit, he must be!

sorry couldnt resist. *ahem* well here's hoping this movie isnt another Batman & Robin.
Old 09-12-03, 02:50 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Batman & Robin was definitely shit.

Hopefully this movie will be the shit.
Old 09-12-03, 06:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

This thread is starting to sound like an episode of South Park

oh, and great news on Bale
Old 09-12-03, 11:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 696 Likes on 430 Posts
I don't think Walken would be appropriate for Ra's Al Ghul. The role needs to go to either a European or Middle-Eastern actor.

Someone recommended Jason Isaacs, and I think that would be great casting, except for the fact that I want him to play Lex Luthor whenever they get Superman off the ground. Especially if Superman were directed by Ridley Scott with Orlando Bloom as Kal-El.

For Ra's Al Ghul, you need someone who projects aristocratic arrogance alongside dynamic aggression. Plus they should be somewhere between 40 and 50 -- old enough to have seen a lot of the world, but still young enough to get their money's worth out of the Lazarus Pit.

The obvious choice, of course, is Ashton Kutcher.
Old 09-12-03, 11:27 AM

Originally posted by Matt Millheiser
The obvious choice, of course, is Ashton Kutcher.
Bite your tongue!
Old 09-12-03, 11:34 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Matt is a man who knows an incredible amount of information pertaining to both film and comics. If he wants Ashton Kutcher, by God we GET Ashton Kutcher.
Old 09-12-03, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 696 Likes on 430 Posts
Originally posted by DonnachaOne
Matt is a man who knows an incredible amount of information pertaining to both film and comics. If he wants Ashton Kutcher, by God we GET Ashton Kutcher.
Thanks. And if the Batman producers want to stay true to both the spirit of the comics and the endearing spirit of all these iconic characters, they'd best cast Wilmer "Fez" Valderrama as Commisioner Gordon.
Old 09-12-03, 01:27 PM
Doctorwho

Why are we alloud to say shit? Is it because south park said shit on tv? Is that why? Why cant we say the f word then? Do people get offended with the f word but not SHIT?

Seems almost stupid.....

I think bale is too weakish, to thin or something. Not strong jawed. I used to think old alec baldwin could play a decent bats, back when he was younger.

Seriously though who looks more like bruce/bats?

Old 09-12-03, 01:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Doctorwho
Seriously though who looks more like bruce/bats?
I think the last one definitely looks the most like Batman.

What do I win?
Old 09-12-03, 01:46 PM
Doctorwho

Originally posted by Numanoid
I think the last one definitely looks the most like Batman.

What do I win?
a v.d.
Old 09-12-03, 02:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Cool. I'm sure all who have been following this knew Scarecrow was the buzz villian, but it was news to me.

Batman Goes "Psycho"; Bale Cast
By Joal Ryan

Well, Batman always did have a dark side...

Christian Bale, who carved up costars with a chainsaw in American Psycho, will don the Dark Knight's cape and cowl for the latest big-screen Batman, Warner Bros. announced Thursday.

Shooting on the as-yet-untitled flick is scheduled to start in February. Memento's Christopher Nolan will direct.

Bale, 29, becomes the seventh overall actor to star in a Caped Crusader film, dating back to the 1940s serials, and the fourth member of Warners' Batmen fraternity.

In winning the part, Bale denied the Batdreams of Jake Gyllenhaal, Billy Crudup, Joshua Jackson, Cillian Murphy (28 Days Later) and Eion Bailey (Band of Brothers), all of whom screentested for the studio last week.

Gyllenhaal previously was thisclose to stepping into Spider-man's jammies when Tobey Maguire briefly ran afoul of producers prior to production on the now-shooting Spider-man 2.

But the Bubble Boy's bubble was burst when Maguire made up with the powers-that-be, and again when Bale impressed them.

"What I see in Christian is the ultimate embodiment of Bruce Wayne," Nolan said in a statement. "He has exactly the balance of darkness and light that we are looking for."

Bale is the first U.K.-born Batman, and the first one to call Ms. Gloria Steinem "stepmom." (Dad David is married to the pioneering feminist.)

He follows in the bootsteps of Michael Keaton, Val Kilmer and George Clooney, who each headlined the big-budget Warners flicks. Keaton starred in Batman and Batman Returns for Tim Burton. Kilmer inherited the codpiece in Joel Schumacher's Batman Forever; Clooney got lost inside the costume in Batman and Robin, also directed by Schumacher.

Nolan's Batman is slated for a 2005 release. By the time it opens, eight years will have passed since Batman and Robin un-entertained audiences with lame one-liners in 1997, the longest gap between adventures since the studio's franchise began frequenting multiplexes in 1989.

Warners has struggled for years to get a new Superman, Batman or Superman-and-Batman movie off the ground. While its Superman flick remains Kryptonite-bitten, Nolan's has gone relatively smoothly. He was signed to direct in January.

It's believed Nolan and screenwriter David Goyer (Blade) are looking to tell the tale of a slightly less manly--well, younger--Batman.

No word on other cast members, including who'll play super baddie to Bale's super good guy. Officially, there's no word on which super baddie will drafted from the comic books for the movie. On the Internet, the buzz is that the Scarecrow, another smart guy gone screwy who kinda looks like a demonic version of the straw-stuffed softie from The Wizard of Oz, will get the call.

While the Scarecrow isn't a high-profile villain the likes of the Joker, he was featured on the 1990s' Batman cartoon series. And, plus, the Joker has already been used up by the Warners franchise. So have the Penguin, Two-Face, the Riddler, Poison Ivy, Mr. Freeze and Catwoman, soon to be immortalized in her own Halle Berry (news) flick.

Prior to becoming an American Psycho, Bale represented for the XY-chromosomal set in Little Women and fought dragons in Reign of Fire. He found fame at age 13 in Steven Spielberg's World War II epic, Empire of the Sun.
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...ovies_eo/12487

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.