Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Spiderman 2: Daredevil

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Spiderman 2: Daredevil

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-03, 01:31 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
I love all comic book movies, i was a huge Marvel comic fan as a kid

I also hate Affleck, he's a tosser, but hopefully the film will still be good regardless
Old 01-31-03, 11:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Daredevil = Spawn
Thats how good that movie is gonna be
Old 01-31-03, 12:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Original Desmond
I also hate Affleck, he's a tosser, but hopefully the film will still be good regardless
Yeah.. but he was pretty good in Changing Lanes, and all his Kevin Smith work.. I think he just needs to stop accepting every movie offer he gets, and perhaps obtain some credibility.
Old 01-31-03, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Some thoughts.

To say that X-Men was better than Spider-Man is laughable. Being a fan of both, I can tell you that inconsistencies turn my stomach. ie-No one save Magnus can fly, even though Jean, Storm (who 'hovered' momentarily) and Rogue are supposed to have the ability. Everyone, save Cyclops, seemed retarded in their abilities. Wolverine getting beat up by a tree trunk, Rogue totally pussified, Xavier and the impenetrable helmet. Insanity.

I hated the organic webshooters, too, but there's no way that small inconsistency outweighs the horrific errors in the X.

Hulk as the worst comic movie EVER? Please. Someone needs to rent Punisher and watch Dolph Lundgren again.

Daredevil will rock. Affleck will do it justice. I don't think that the 'lack of a dark side' will hurt him per se due to the fact that Matt Murdock is portrayed as a pretty passive guy. People said the same thing about Michael Keaton, and he did a hell of a job.
Old 01-31-03, 07:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
About The Phantom...
Billy Zane did a great job in this. Very underrated movie, IMO.
In the movie, the most salient of the flaws that I observed was the horrible dialogue. I was incredibly disappointed with it and wish that they'd redo it ALL. If you look at the original comics, the artwork and dialogue clearly represent the times... to me, it was a cheesy sort of "cool". However, the lines in the movie were just too anachronistic and painfully delivered ESPECIALLY coming from actors with so much more to offer. Hell if I start waxing about Treat Williams et al...